test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

love cfc

Ryan Bertrand

Started by love cfc,

1,465 posts in this topic

So.. Many.. Threads.

I heard he wants him on loan? I think we should give him PvA instead, since he's the one tied to a new contract

I'd rather he went out on loan but i could see him going to Swansea if they offered the right money. Its a horrible situation because he's a great up and coming player, and he has to compete with Ashley Cole who doesnt warrant to be dropped. Bertrand should be getting more football for Chelsea however. PVA should be here with Bertrand, and perhaps PVA could be used in a more attacking role. The boy does love to bomb forward haha :)

I'd rather he went out on loan but i could see him going to Swansea if they offered the right money. Its a horrible situation because he's a great up and coming player, and he has to compete with Ashley Cole who doesnt warrant to be dropped. Bertrand should be getting more football for Chelsea however. PVA should be here with Bertrand, and perhaps PVA could be used in a more attacking role. The boy does love to bomb forward haha :)

Well.. Ashley's showing a few little signs of slowing down. He played almost every game last season so I do hope he'll get more rest this coming season. That's why I think PvA should go on loan and Bertrand should stay as the understudy.

Well.. Ashley's showing a few little signs of slowing down. He played almost every game last season so I do hope he'll get more rest this coming season. That's why I think PvA should go on loan and Bertrand should stay as the understudy.

I would also prefer that option tbh, especially as you stated, PVA just got a new contract. Dont see why Ryan cant play all our league cup games tbh

dave30 likes this

I would also prefer that option tbh, especially as you stated, PVA just got a new contract. Dont see why Ryan cant play all our league cup games tbh

Well hopefully we'll make it further than the 3rd round so he can get the opportunity :lol:

Slap a £20 million price tag on him... I'm being serious. This kid has the potential to be a quality full-back and England international. If people like Phil Jones can go for £17 million with about 30 first team appearances, someone who has nearly 40 appearances at various levels for England is worth even more.

A loan to Wolves however would be perfect - http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2011/06/18/wolves-eye-up-chelsea-star-ryan-bertrand/

If a loan move was on the cards, I'd loan him to Bolton. Jack Wilshere and Daniel Sturridge have both benifited from playing there, so why not Bertrand??

Slap a £20 million price tag on him... I'm being serious. This kid has the potential to be a quality full-back and England international. If people like Phil Jones can go for £17 million with about 30 first team appearances, someone who has nearly 40 appearances at various levels for England is worth even more.

A loan to Wolves however would be perfect - http://www.expressan...-ryan-bertrand/

I agree. There are not too many good fullbacks around atm.

I say keep him and send PvA on loan at Swansea. Some PL club not another championship club. Bertrand has been on soo many loans so it would be unfair for him to go out again.

I think a loan move may push him towards an eventual exit..

i agree. it would be like a kid passing his exams and then being told he has to sit them again.

Ryan is smart..he knows that he can`t get ahead of the worlds greatest left back at present,but he can and is willing to be his understudy before eventually taking over from him. that smartness could however lead to his departure if we try to treat him like a fool.

i agree. it would be like a kid passing his exams and then being told he has to sit them again.

Ryan is smart..he knows that he can`t get ahead of the worlds greatest left back at present,but he can and is willing to be his understudy before eventually taking over from him. that smartness could however lead to his departure if we try to treat him like a fool.

Exactly!

He's had too many loan moves. 150+ appearances on loan. Seeing PvA offered a new contract would've added to his concerns so a new loan move would push him further out