Mohamed Salah

kobematabryant

He's like a mirror image of Willian but not as good.

Underwhelming would be the optimal word if this happened. Just buy Shaw and pocket the rest for the summer.

He's going to be our 5th choice attacking midfielder with Ramires available to play RW if needed. At 15M euros, a poor man's Willian who will have good resale value for next 5 years would be optimal. We can't afford a squad full of world class players, or do you want to spend 40M on someone like Draxler to sit on the bench instead of Mata.

By the looks of it (from youtube videos, hadn't heard of this guy before) he seems like the purest right winger there is. Wouldn't mind it if he's decent, can provide cover for Willian on the right. By letting KDB and most likely Mata go, we'll be cut short of wide players, again (if we don't consider Marin and Moses). So I guess signing a backup winger wouldn't be the worst idea in the world.

By the looks of it (from youtube videos, hadn't heard of this guy before) he seems like the purest right winger there is. Wouldn't mind it if he's decent, can provide cover for Willian on the right. By letting KDB and most likely Mata go, we'll be cut short of wide players, again (if we don't consider Marin and Moses). So I guess signing a backup winger wouldn't be the worst idea in the world.

You never heard of him?

He owned us pretty bad in the champions league.

You never heard of him?

He owned us pretty bad in the champions league.

Nope, didn't see the game. Watched a video of him against us, no wonder he owned considering he was like a farmer on a crop field, all alone.

I only hope to god Jose knows what he is doing. I don't even want to try and think about the logic of these recent transfer developments.

Selling a squad player for £37 million, buying a cheaper squad player that fits the system better and using the money we have left to buy a quality striker or left back.

our strength at the start of the season was our AMs and our quality in depth which is now lost. absolutely finished.

I don't get it, why is that lost? You would have:

Torres, Eto'o and Ba as CF

Hazard and Schurrle for the LW

Willian and Salah for the RW

Oscar, Rami, Matic, Lamps, Essien, Mikel (Baker) for DM/CM/CAM

Ash, JT, Cahill, Luiz, Ivanovic, Azpilicueta, Ake and Kalas in defence

Cech, Schwarzer GK

This is a 23-man-squad and you would absolutely do no harm to the in-depth quality as you sell two back-up players, Mata and De Bruyne and get a starter (Matic) and other back-up. I'd would like to have a proper winger (Salah) as a back-up for another winger (Willian), rather than having a playmaker (Mata) as a back-up for Willian. It is as simple as that. Even if Hazard, Willian, Oscar, Rami, Matic and Torres would be injured at the same time you would have a proper back-up for every one of them in terms of position on the pitch (LW, RW etc). Not the same quality, but there is no team in this world to have 11 world class starters and 11 world class players as back-up. How many times have you seen Mata playing the number "10" role this season? Even when Oscar was missing, Jose played Mata as the RW. He can't be a winger, he has no pace and he can't track back. And unfortunately for him this is the only position available in wich he can play in Jose's team. And if you think for a moment - Juan Mata is a 40 mil Quid worth unhappy playmaker, acting as a back-up for a winger that Jose can't seem to fancy playing in Oscar's role even when Oscar is missing! And De Bruyne was nowhere to be seen. He couldn't even make the bench. Now my question is - what is wrong with this moves, besides one of them going to United? They were simply surplus to the requirements and we have to get used to it from now on as Jose is in charge and let him act as a fucking MANAGER. He wants Mata and De Bruyne go? Then let them go. I don't fucking care as long as we're through to the next phase of UCL, two points away from Arsenal and in contenion for the FA Cup. Add to that the team is playing better and better by every week. Without Mata having any influence. This is Mourinho's type of team - robust team with pacey wingers. Good old 04-06' again! I'd rather be happy we have Matic for the pivot now than thinking about letting a bench player go. A guy that we will eventually replace with a proper winger.

Selling a squad player for £37 million, buying a cheaper squad player that fits the system better and using the money we have left to buy a quality striker or left back.

Most of us can come to terms with selling Mata, just not to utd. And Salah when we have Moses for a decent squad player? He at least deserves a chance, even if he has been crap for Liverpool.

Most of us can come to terms with selling Mata, just not to utd. And Salah when we have Moses for a decent squad player? He at least deserves a chance, even if he has been crap for Liverpool.

They're the only ones willing to splash that kind of cash on him atm. Could be that Mourinho doesn't rate Moses.

He's going to be our 5th choice attacking midfielder with Ramires available to play RW if needed. At 15M euros, a poor man's Willian who will have good resale value for next 5 years would be optimal. We can't afford a squad full of world class players, or do you want to spend 40M on someone like Draxler to sit on the bench instead of Mata.

No, personally think Draxler is overrated.

Like I said, I'd be happy if we just bought Shaw with some of the Mata money.

No, personally think Draxler is overrated.

Like I said, I'd be happy if we just bought Shaw with some of the Mata money.

Mata goes for €45M.

€15M for Salah and you'll still have €30M to spend. Go get Shaw. How much can he go for? I think €30M plus some €5M in bonuses would do the trick. Maybe add Bert/van Aanholt to that deal?