Mohamed Salah

kobematabryant

brilliant transfer. simply cant wait for it to happen.

our reserves as so fucking talented that its just unreal.

marin - the german messi

kakuta - the french messi

salah- the egyptian messi

i mean lets buy insigne too, he is the italian messi.

mata and kdb out

salah in.

un-fucking -real.

It's a shame we don't have the British messi to fill the homegrown quota.

He's 21 years old, surely he would rather go to Liverpool where he'll have more chance of being a starter? But if we really are going for him I guess Basel is going to milk us dry now when they know we've got plenty of cash to spend.

The thing is that you're talking about two different philosophies - Jose is using a 4-2-3-1/4-3-3 formation with only one striker and two wingers, whereas Pellegrini fancies a 4-4-2 formation where Silva, Nasri, Navas, Aguero, Negredo and Dzeko are actually playing week-in, week-out. City's having a great squad, but on the bench there is no player to be similar to Mata in terms of quality. Pellegrini won't bench Silva, Aguero, Negredo, Yaya, Kompany all of a sudden. If he would, than you would have the same scenario as the one with Mata. None of those players will accept to stay on the bench. Ok, maybe on, two or three games, but not six months. This is why Mata can't be a Chelsea player anymore and this is why you can't bring a player similiar to Mata in terms of quality to have him as a back-up for Willian. And if Oscar gets injured, then Lamps will step up, or Willian will go in the center and Salah on the right wing.

And calling back Moses would be like having no one as a back-up for Willian. He wanted to go to Liverpool, let him rott there on the bench. He's been in horrible form this season, I would not want him nowhere near this team. It's funny cause you would take back Moses in a blink, but you would not fancy a move for Salah, like Chelsea would spend your money. Jose will be in for a world class striker in the summer regardless of whether he'll spend 11-12 mil Quid on Salah or not.

And one more thing - calling back those guys at Vitesse would be a big mistake. Vitesse is having a great season and Piazon and Atsu are playing week-in, week-out. Bertrand Traore will be in that team soon and imagine what would mean for Piazon, van Aanholt, Atsu, Traore to win that title. And add to that Vitesse has the chance go to Champions League in case of a good season and I'm pretty sure Chelsea will be looking to send them back there along with maybe another one of two guys from the academy. I wouldn't mind seeing Piazon, Atsu, Traore, maybe Omeruo and, let's say, Swift/Loftus-Cheek going back there and playing Champions League and fighting again for the championship. Lots of people moaning about this link with Vitesse, but it seems that has started working in the end. I'd love to see those guys playing too, but now it's not the time for them to be wasted on the bench. You were talking about season being long and squad depth and this is why we need a player like Salah on the bench. And the price doesn't sound ridiculous either. They want 18 mil, but I'm sure they will settle for 14-15 in the end.

first things first, mata is(was) required for exactly the reasons u stated above. they are miles ahead of us in terms of quality of strikers (negredo, aguero and dzeko) which is their strength. our strength at the start of the season was our AMs and our quality in depth which is now lost. absolutely finished. also i dont get this part,a 35 year old lamps is considered fit enough to play a high-pressing 4-2-3-1 system? how? anyways considering willian goes central, these are the problems we and salah on the right, i will face a tough time breaking down defences.

people here are "REJOICING" that chelsea is getting 37mil pounds out of the mata deal, but if i say that getting salah for 10-15mil is stupid cos we have marin/moses, then i am told to not worry since chelsea is not spending my money. seems very fair to me!!!!! anyways, i dont care what moses has done in pool. he played for chelsea last season and was exactly like u would expect a squad player to be. he did his job and that is what is expected of the 5th choice AM. he played a big role in our FA cup and EL campaign. i doubt if moses "asked" to be sent to pool. we bought willian despite having 6 AMs and probably shipped him off.

Pfft. Surely Mourinho can't be that desperate for a left footed right winger. Salah seems like a Liverpool signing if anything.

He is, but we're "hijacking the deal" :rolleyes:

I reckon our name is just being thrown in there to raise the Liverpool bid.

If he has the work rate like Azpi, then it's a steal.

We already have a lot of quality in the AM.

Missing quality in the striker and one or two more worker ala Azpi. So if Mourinho sees that in this guy, then I'm game.

For strikers, I'm still not sure who he will get, as there's not many top strikers in the market during this month. Maybe Costa but after that not too many options. Maybe in the summer for a striker.