Mohamed Salah

kobematabryant

brilliant transfer. simply cant wait for it to happen.

our reserves as so fucking talented that its just unreal.

marin - the german messi

kakuta - the french messi

salah- the egyptian messi

i mean lets buy insigne too, he is the italian messi.

mata and kdb out

salah in.

un-fucking -real.

What idiots fail to realize is that we're not replacing Mata with Salah.

Mata has already been replace with Oscar!

Salah will be replacing Mata's contributions for this season, which considering how little he's been able to contribute can be easily replicated or improved by Salah.

Salah will be replacing Mata's contributions for this season, which considering how little he's been able to contribute can be easily replicated or improved by Salah.

Ah fuck.....too much logic in that post!!!

brilliant transfer. simply cant wait for it to happen.

our reserves as so fucking talented that its just unreal.

marin - the german messi

kakuta - the french messi

salah- the egyptian messi

i mean lets buy insigne too, he is the italian messi.

mata and kdb out

salah in.

un-fucking -real.

I think you're overreacting and you also forget Jose bought Matic to replace the spot left open when De Bruyne went to Wolfsburg. Now we have Mikel as a back-up for Matic, Essien for Rami, Lamps for Oscar, Schurrle for Hazard and Jose's looking for a back-up for Willian. How many attacking midfielders you want on the bench. Jose has made his point clear - Hazard, Oscar and Willian are his starters, you can't have world-class players on the bench. Mata is world-class, he can't stay on the bench. Also, you can't bring Reus or Cristiano to replace him and act as Willian's back-up. This is what Juan Mata is for Chelsea right now - a back-up for the RW (Willian). Nothing more. And you have to bring a back-up to replace him. Jose has found Salah as the answer to this question and why not? He is young, talented, his work-rate is immense and I'm pretty sure he won't mind staying on the bench until he gets accustomed to the EPL.

The thing is we have bought so many half-decent AM's recently and then just loaned them out when we've bought better players. I'd rather we brought back one of them instead of spending £10m on a brand new squad player. Then again I don't know if it's possible for us to get Moses back midseason.

I think you're overreacting and you also forget Jose bought Matic to replace the spot left open when De Bruyne went to Wolfsburg. Now we have Mikel as a back-up for Matic, Essien for Rami, Lamps for Oscar, Schurrle for Hazard and Jose's looking for a back-up for Willian. How many attacking midfielders you want on the bench. Jose has made his point clear - Hazard, Oscar and Willian are his starters, you can't have world-class players on the bench. Mata is world-class, he can't stay on the bench. Also, you can't bring Reus or Cristiano to replace him and act as Willian's back-up. This is what Juan Mata is for Chelsea right now - a back-up for the RW (Willian). Nothing more. And you have to bring a back-up to replace him. Jose has found Salah as the answer to this question and why not? He is young, talented, his work-rate is immense and I'm pretty sure he won't mind staying on the bench until he gets accustomed to the EPL.

essien? he is a back up for rambo. thats a slap on rambo's face.

right now we have

4 AMs for 3 spots - hazard, oscar, willian, schurrle

4 FIT AND CAPABLE CMs for 2 spots - rambo, matic, mikel, lamps

6 Defenders who would be playing a non-dead rubber match - JT, GC, iva, AC, azpi, DL

players like essien, kalas, ake are not going to play a part for us until we have a serious squad shattering injury crisis.

we have had WC players like deco, ballack sitting on the bench and that is what is required sometimes. one injury and it can literally shatter our season. god forbid if something happens to oscar for a long-term, who is going to play CAM? willian? hazard? with schurrle/salah on the wings. for winning PL u need to have quality in depth. one of silva/nasri/navas sits on the bench. one of dzeko/negredo/aguero sits on the bench. and that is what u need.

plus whats the point of buying salah for 10-15mil. call back moses!!! if there is some agreement, then call back piazon and use the money for a striker like costa.

Exactly this. We already have three starters in Hazard - Oscar - Willian so we don't need a world class player of Mata's quality as a replacement. What we need is a reliable squad player, someone who's better suited to Mourinho's tactics than Mata. From what I've seen Salah fits that bill and getting him to replace Mata would also leave the club with around €30m in the bank to improve other areas of the team so why not? Mata's too good to be sitting on the bench and it's become clear he doesn't fit Mourinho's tactics either so no point keeping him just because he's a nice guy. Him going to Manchester United is obviously hard to take because we all love Mata but purely from a footballing perspective I don't see anything wrong with replacing him with Salah.

LW: Hazard / Schürrle

ACM: Oscar / Hazard / Willian

RW: Willian / Salah

Not bad IMO.

The thing is we have bought so many half-decent AM's recently and then just loaned them out when we've bought better players. I'd rather we brought back one of them instead of spending £10m on a brand new squad player. Then again I don't know if it's possible for us to get Moses back midseason.

Have you seen Moses this season? To say he's been shit would be an understatement.

Have you seen Moses this season? To say he's been shit would be an understatement.

Tbh, I've only watched a couple games and I get your point, but as I said I dont feel it's very justified to bring in a brand new ~£10m midfielder when we have dozens of them out on loan and in the academy.

And if we go for Salah it would taste extra bad since we just sold KdB who is arguably the better player.

Have I missed something? What's wrong with him?

People are just pissed off about the Mata situation which is fair enough.... but you can't turn your noses up at Salah. He is a cushty little player with tonnes of pace and ability.

I'm so fucking pissed off about seeing mata go to manutd, but this is a quality post that explains any logic behind that.

Salah is fast, hard working, scores goals and is left footed

Exactly a mourinho player.

essien? he is a back up for rambo. thats a slap on rambo's face.

right now we have

4 AMs for 3 spots - hazard, oscar, willian, schurrle

4 FIT AND CAPABLE CMs for 2 spots - rambo, matic, mikel, lamps

6 Defenders who would be playing a non-dead rubber match - JT, GC, iva, AC, azpi, DL

players like essien, kalas, ake are not going to play a part for us until we have a serious squad shattering injury crisis.

we have had WC players like deco, ballack sitting on the bench and that is what is required sometimes. one injury and it can literally shatter our season. god forbid if something happens to oscar for a long-term, who is going to play CAM? willian? hazard? with schurrle/salah on the wings. for winning PL u need to have quality in depth. one of silva/nasri/navas sits on the bench. one of dzeko/negredo/aguero sits on the bench. and that is what u need.

plus whats the point of buying salah for 10-15mil. call back moses!!! if there is some agreement, then call back piazon and use the money for a striker like costa.

The thing is that you're talking about two different philosophies - Jose is using a 4-2-3-1/4-3-3 formation with only one striker and two wingers, whereas Pellegrini fancies a 4-4-2 formation where Silva, Nasri, Navas, Aguero, Negredo and Dzeko are actually playing week-in, week-out. City's having a great squad, but on the bench there is no player to be similar to Mata in terms of quality. Pellegrini won't bench Silva, Aguero, Negredo, Yaya, Kompany all of a sudden. If he would, than you would have the same scenario as the one with Mata. None of those players will accept to stay on the bench. Ok, maybe on, two or three games, but not six months. This is why Mata can't be a Chelsea player anymore and this is why you can't bring a player similiar to Mata in terms of quality to have him as a back-up for Willian. And if Oscar gets injured, then Lamps will step up, or Willian will go in the center and Salah on the right wing.

And calling back Moses would be like having no one as a back-up for Willian. He wanted to go to Liverpool, let him rott there on the bench. He's been in horrible form this season, I would not want him nowhere near this team. It's funny cause you would take back Moses in a blink, but you would not fancy a move for Salah, like Chelsea would spend your money. Jose will be in for a world class striker in the summer regardless of whether he'll spend 11-12 mil Quid on Salah or not.

And one more thing - calling back those guys at Vitesse would be a big mistake. Vitesse is having a great season and Piazon and Atsu are playing week-in, week-out. Bertrand Traore will be in that team soon and imagine what would mean for Piazon, van Aanholt, Atsu, Traore to win that title. And add to that Vitesse has the chance go to Champions League in case of a good season and I'm pretty sure Chelsea will be looking to send them back there along with maybe another one of two guys from the academy. I wouldn't mind seeing Piazon, Atsu, Traore, maybe Omeruo and, let's say, Swift/Loftus-Cheek going back there and playing Champions League and fighting again for the championship. Lots of people moaning about this link with Vitesse, but it seems that has started working in the end. I'd love to see those guys playing too, but now it's not the time for them to be wasted on the bench. You were talking about season being long and squad depth and this is why we need a player like Salah on the bench. And the price doesn't sound ridiculous either. They want 18 mil, but I'm sure they will settle for 14-15 in the end.