Mohamed Salah

kobematabryant

I don't know why people are treating him like some POS player, this is obviously a player with some talent. He scored against Chelsea 3 times (?) in 2 seasons, he also has good performances/goals on his record against the likes of Spurs and Arsenal.

I think if he leaves Chelsea, he will prove himself elsewhere like KDB. It's just more difficult for young players who don't play regularly to step in and perform, and atm his confidence level is probably at its lowest point.

Scoring against us twice doesn't mean anything though, I don't know why this is seen as a sign he is a good player? Cahill almost always scored against us but no one would argue he was chelsea quality. Same with Robbie keane and countless other. Also, I bet if you see the reaction at the time, we never played particularly well against Basel during these times.

Scoring against us twice doesn't mean anything though, I don't know why this is seen as a sign he is a good player? Cahill almost always scored against us but no one would argue he was chelsea quality. Same with Robbie keane and countless other. Also, I bet if you see the reaction at the time, we never played particularly well against Basel during these times.

Jermaine Beckford, Naismith, I know the list goes on and on.

Scoring against Chelsea does not prove he's Chelsea quality, but at least shows he has talent to capitalize on our mistakes.

I think he could be a decent enough super sub here, but we already have Schurrle coming off the bench every game, so Salah is restricted to playing once every month.

It's just not fair on him, when he still has aspects of his game to work and develop. IMO.

Emile Heskey and Robbie Fowler scored against us. They ended up in Australia.

William Gallas both played for us and scored against us. He ended up in Australia.

Damien Duff played for us and was a winger. He ended up playing in Australia.

Mo Salah?...

Btw i've seen Moses' name on this thread a few time, let's not forget Moses was shit under similar circumstances at Liverpool. Now look at him for Stoke where he feels important again and is playing regularly.

That part doesn't sound right at all.

It's pretty straightforward, at least say why it doesn't sound right.

Andrew Mangan, a 28 year old who has never played higher than the third tier of English football and was released by part-time Hyde FC in the sixth tier a few years ago scored against us when playing for Shrewsbury.

To be fair he still looked better than Mo Salah that night...

Btw i've seen Moses' name on this thread a few time, let's not forget Moses was shit under similar circumstances at Liverpool. Now look at him for Stoke where he feels important again and is playing regularly.

To say he has the talent to capitalize on our mistakes is like saying anybody who manages to capitalize on our mistakes is talented and that includes people like Shane Long, Jozy Altidore, Connor Wickham etc.

Andrew Mangan, a 28 year old who has never played higher than the third tier of English football and was released by part-time Hyde FC in the sixth tier a few years ago scored against us when playing for Shrewsbury.

To be fair he still looked better than Mo Salah that night...

Boy, you are really trying, aren't you? Still got a long long LONG way to go reach Phil's level.

To say he has the talent to capitalize on our mistakes is like saying anybody who manages to capitalize on our mistakes is talented and that includes people like Shane Long, Jozy Altidore, Connor Wickham etc.

Altidore scored a shitty tap in goal, my comment was solely about Salah seeing how he played and the different type of goals he scored.

Agree that scoring against us, should not be a measurement for us to sign one player.

But actually Salah was very good back then. I quoted this from wiki

'He won the Swiss Super League in his first season with Basel, and was awarded the CAF Most Promising African Talent of the Year in 2012. In 2013, he was awarded the SAFP Golden Player award for being the best player in the Swiss Super League'

Someone will said 'it is only Swiss league ffs', okay, but you must be something to be awarded CAF most promising african talent, not only because he scored against us.

Emile Heskey and Robbie Fowler scored against us. They ended up in Australia.

William Gallas both played for us and scored against us. He ended up in Australia.

Damien Duff played for us and was a winger. He ended up playing in Australia.

Mo Salah?...

not funny at all

Salah not came here for only scores a goal against us. He had very very good level in Europa League 2013. Was one of the main culprit that Basel arrive to the semifinals. I remember so much his round Against the Spurs... was unstoppable.

He has not done what was expected of him? Yes, but anyone who say that he came here for only scores against us, is because not seen him before.

Why are people so rude over here, he is still so young.

The potential is there, if he can't reach it here, i'm not against a loan somewhere else. He can be great one day, there is no need to complain like that. give him 2 more years and i'm sure he will be great somewhere

moses had a good start to his pool days. Scored a winner, assisted a couple. Then the suarez ban got over and pool started playing 3-4-1-2 with moses in the floating role and henderson as a RW/RWB. after 2 poor performances in a role he is not suited to at all, against united and arsenal that too, he was benched for coutinho who cane back fron injury and simply could not fight for his place back.

Also, pool's attack was one of the best in the world last season. Moses not being able to break in is still acceptable. Moses is essentially a good cover for injuries or cup matches. Both of which pool dint have.