Mohamed Salah

kobematabryant

I think Salah has another problem that no one here is paying attention to: Its called "communication".

Mourinho -and all good managers in general- like to have linguistic linkages on their team. Adds natural harmony and understanding. (Azpi/Fabregas/Costa)

(Willian/Felipe/Ramires/Oscar/[Costa])

(Cahill/Terry) [extremely advantageous to have two CB's that can speak the same language!]

And to a lesser extent you see it with the Serbian duo. As well as the Belgian.

Where does Salah fit in all that? He does not (he barely speaks Arabic, let alone English!!!).

I have no doubt in my mind that he is more skillful than Willian, Schurle, Moses and Ramires, especially when it comes to attacking creativity and positioning himself in great scoring opportunities. But he cannot do that without (a) being given a lot more playing time, a luxury Chelsea cannot afford to give right now, and, (B) improves upon his linking with the rest of the team -especially Fabregas.

Salah is NOT shining with Egypt either, ever since Abotreka - its legendary playmaker - retired two years ago. There IS a better Abotreka in Chelsea: his name is Fabregas. He's the only one who can give Salah a lifeline at Chelsea, and show what he's capable of.

Errm....you weren't on here when we signed Salah, of course you don't recall!

And actually, the general consensus, apart from a very few who were still dramatic about Mata leaving, was that he was a good signing who will give us pace on the wings and whose value can only increase: http://forum.talkchelsea.net/topic/17158-mohammed-salah/page-11

I don't think so. Majority of the people on here dint want him.

Even the link u have supplied, its pretty evident.

In fairness he's had next to no game time this season, but when he has he hasn't looked great. I'd like for him to stay as he will get more chances in the cup competitions for sure. You don't become a bad player overnight, he has quality and the potential to grow.

We gave Torres 3.5 years ffs.

i don't understand because he's better than willian , better than Schurlle i don't know. why is he on the bench ? i don't understand

What? Willian is much much better than Salah. Schurrle might be off form but he is also a better player. Salah is not a bad player and certainly has potential but he has failed to impress in the very few chances given to him. Sociedad would be good for him I think.

In fairness he's had next to no game time this season, but when he has he hasn't looked great. I'd like for him to stay as he will get more chances in the cup competitions for sure. You don't become a bad player overnight, he has quality and the potential to grow.

We gave Torres 3.5 years ffs.

You know exactly how poor a player is when someone brings in torres into the argument. :)

You know exactly how poor a player is when someone brings in torres into the argument. :)

Nothing to do with that, I'm saying we gave a player as horrifically shit as Torres more than three seasons to adjust, and people here won't even give Salah 12 months.

I think he needs to go. He needs time out there to get better and while I don't think he's a bad player I don't see him overtaking any of our current wingers. They just demand too much demand...his best chance is getting a shot while Andre is struggling and it's still not really happening.

He can only leave if we sign another pacey player to replace him. Our wingers aren't that quick. Andre has speed, but not much acceleration, while Willian and Oscar (who can play on the wing) are not that pacey. Hazard is the only one with both speed and acceleration and he really shouldn't be playing every freaking game.

Salah may still not be the final product as his delivery is not there, but his pace makes him a very interesting sub, esp when defending a lead.

This is right now, regardless of his development from now on.