Mohamed Salah

kobematabryant

No, we are able to sign him because he has turned 18, but he can't play for us until he gets the permit. That's what Jose said in the summer.

This was from last July...

Traore has been around the Blues’ Under-21 team for the last 18 months, but he is not currently eligible for a UK work permit, meaning Chelsea have been unable to formally sign him.

Source: http://metro.co.uk/2013/07/27/jose-mourinho-desperate-for-chelsea-to-finally-sign-trialist-bertrand-traore-3901045/

And this from earlier this month...

Chelsea's main problem, though, was obtaining a work permit for him - he was only in the UK on a student visa. However, with those legal criteria now met and Traore now 18, the Blues finally officially got their man to open this month's transfer window.

Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2532523/IN-THE-SPOTLIGHT-Bertrand-Traore-Chelseas-Burkina-Faso-wonderkid.html

And mind you, he turned 18 last September but we were only able to confirm his signing this month because of the work permit.

How many outfield players have Man City played more than 3 times this season?

I'll give you a clue. It rhymes with 17.

huh??? seriously?

lets see city's player and their no. of apperances in all competitions.

player-appearances

1.richards-8

2.kompany-17

3.Pablo Zabaleta-27
4.Joleon Lescott-17
5.James Milner-30
6.Samir Nasri-28
7.Álvaro Negredo-33
8.Edin Džeko-27
9.Aleksandar Kolarov-27
10.Javi García-28
11.Jesús Navas-32
12.Sergio Agüero-23
13.Jack Rodwell-7
14.David Silva-22
15.Gaël Clichy-20
16.Fernandinho-29
17.Martín Demichelis-15
18.Matija Nastasić-18
19.Stevan Jovetić-6
20.Dedryck Boyata-6
21.Yaya Touré-29
with that squad strength i can actually see why they are being tipped to do a domestic treble this season. oh well!!!

This was from last July...

And this from earlier this month...

And mind you, he turned 18 last September but we were only able to confirm his signing this month because of the work permit.

All those reports are based on a claim by the Daily Mail that he has been granted a work permit. But I'm not too sure about that mainly because it is the daily fail and because we decided to loan him abroad to Vitesse. If he did have a work permit, I think it would have made much more sense to loan him inside England.

But what I am sure of, is that he does not need to get a work permit for us to be able to sign him. We signed him back in October because he has turned 18 not because he got a work permit:

"The announcement (Traore's signing) makes no mention of the player being granted a work permit in England, although I'd assume that's the next logical step in this process. The youngster can't play for either the senior side or the U21 squad without that"

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/chelsea-fc-transfer-rumours-news/2013/10/31/5050348/official-chelsea-sign-bertrand-traore

All those reports are based on a claim by the Daily Mail that he has been granted a work permit. But I'm not too sure about that mainly because it is the daily fail and because we decided to loan him abroad to Vitesse.

:lol: I know Daily Mail is a dodgy source but I don't think they are gonna write BS on things like work permit. And what's so surprising that we loan him to Vitesse anyway? We practically do that with most of our younger players.

If he did have a work permit, I think it would have made much more sense to loan him inside England.

That is your own opinion...

But what I am sure of, is that he does not need to get a work permit for us to be able to sign him. We signed him back in October because he has turned 18 not because he got a work permit:

"The announcement (Traore's signing) makes no mention of the player being granted a work permit in England, although I'd assume that's the next logical step in this process. The youngster can't play for either the senior side or the U21 squad without that"

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/chelsea-fc-transfer-rumours-news/2013/10/31/5050348/official-chelsea-sign-bertrand-traore

That was only an agreement to sign him. You can't formally confirm the signing of someone without a work permit - http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/3597985/title/traore-move-completed (on 31st December 2013).

I know Daily Mail is a dodgy source but I don't think they are gonna write BS on things like work permit. And what's so surprising that we loan him to Vitesse anyway? We practically do that with most of our younger players.

I'm not saying that they are making up BS, I'm just saying that they might be confused about the matter. They've written completely false stuff about us before like that article about FFP and us a week ago.

That is your own opinion...

I'm saying this because Jose said in preseason that if he does not get a work permit then we'll loan him abroad.

That was only an agreement to sign him. You can't formally confirm the signing of someone without a work permit - http://www.chelseafc...-move-completed (on 31st December 2013).

Yes you can! That's what I've been trying to say. At least that's what was being said in the summer by everyone. Just check his thread.

I'm not saying that he hasn't got the permit, I'm just saying that we don't know that he has.

I'm not saying that they are making up BS, I'm just saying that they might be confused about the matter. They've written completely false stuff about us before like that article about FFP and us a week ago.

Maybe but then again, it could be just a case of paranoia. One can't imagine how complicated the work permit rules can be as opposed to the FFP.

I'm saying this because Jose said in preseason that if he does not get a work permit then we'll loan him abroad.

Yes you can! That's what I've been trying to say. At least that's what was being said in the summer by everyone.

I'm not saying that he hasn't got the permit, I'm just saying that we don't know that he has.

Doesn't mean we have to keep in England even with the work permit though.

Maybe but then again, it could be just a case of paranoia. One can't imagine how complicated the work permit rules can be as opposed to the FFP.

Doesn't mean we have to keep in England even with the work permit though.

Pretty sure he hasn't got his work permit yet.

And we can't officially sign a player if they haven't got a work permit but since we did, Traore should have it.

That is of course depending on how you want to interpret things...

All depends on the price, for £10m he could be a decent risk, for £16m he's a poor signing. It does seem like our scouting is based off who plays well against us

sky scout seems to rate him pretty highly- http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/15198/9048796/scout-mohamed-salah