test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

DavidEU

Nemanja Matic

Started by DavidEU,

4,238 posts in this topic

Nemanja Matic speaks out on leaving Man United for Jose Mourinho reunion at Tottenham

The former Chelsea midfielder has played under Jose Mourinho at two clubs after having followed him to Manchester United leading to inevitable links to Tottenham Hotspur

https://www.football.london/tottenham-hotspur-fc/transfer-news/nemanja-matic-jose-mourinho-spurs-17472647

On 24/12/2019 at 11:37 PM, NikkiCFC said:

He already benches Winks, Ndombele and Lo Celso for Dier :lol: Dier-Matic would be his dream midfield. Add Fellaini as well. 

Winks is bang average anyway. Neat and tidy on the ball but struggles against low blocks or in bigger games. So is Eric Dier but I think he serves a clear purpose in their team under someone like Mourinho. Giovanni Lo Celso and Christian Eriksen arent deeper players anyway they are 10s imo so dropping them for Dier to solidify their midfield in a team that was conceding too many goals and arguably top heavy in attack, at any other club, under any other manager, it would hardly be a stupid move. 

Matic on the other hand, would be a backwards move for Mourinho and Spurs, 100% agree but its just bog standard usual from the media to make these links. Theres a lot of sources saying Conte and Simeone are pushing to get him in the door at Inter and Atletico, which strikes me as more plausible than at Spurs who usually play 4231 or 433 and already have plenty numbers in Dier, Winks, Sissoko, Ndombele, Lo Celso, Eriksen, Dele Alli. Plus 

Vesper likes this

On 19/01/2020 at 6:17 PM, !Hazard! said:

Unbelievable how bad he has become. We clearly parted ways at the right time

he is the Groot of MFers

Image result for Groot soccer

7 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

not a surprise, as out of nowhere he has found a second wind and has been playing very well with Pogba and Bruno

one of the biggest surprises of Manure this year

NikkiCFC likes this

not a surprise, as out of nowhere he has found a second wind and has been playing very well with Pogba and Bruno
one of the biggest surprises of Manure this year
His physicality is a huge bonus. Matic and Pogba can outmuscle any team

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

Vesper likes this

9 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

His physicality is a huge bonus. Matic and Pogba can outmuscle any team

and Pogba is going to renew :(

On 19/01/2020 at 6:17 PM, !Hazard! said:

Unbelievable how bad he has become. We clearly parted ways at the right time

lol, we both fucked up on him

OGS has resuscitated his career

I reallllly loved him here, it was my hate of Manure (and Mou at Manure) that got me off the Matic train

killer1257 likes this

and Pogba is going to renew 
Yes, but I think Fernandes is the key for their future success. Pogba is very inconsistent and injured all the time.

Apart from LB and maybe CB, their team has everything.
The right amount of pace, physicality and creativity combined with direct football (With direct football I mean that United not only make creative passes, they also have guys like Fernandes that shoot from the distance)

Speaking of Serbian midfielders Danilo Pantic (still Chelsea player, where is his thread?) is by our media reports going to sign tomorrow for Cukaricki and it is not even a loan like previously reported, small fee and he will leave us permanently (finally). :wave:

Vesper likes this

9 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Speaking of Serbian midfielders Danilo Pantic (still Chelsea player, where is his thread?) is by our media reports going to sign tomorrow for Cukaricki and it is not even a loan like previously reported, small fee and he will leave us permanently (finally). :wave:

Meh. I don't miss Matic and I'm not bothered about him there. Another player that United fans have done a 180 on since Bruno joined. They all called him shit and wanted him sold ASAP. One of the most active threads I saw on RedCafe recently was "who should be the Matic replacement?"

Let's see what everyone thinks of him once United aren't in a purple patch beating up on shit teams. I'd rather they keep him around than buying someone better.

Matic is one of those players who is limited but effective if given the correct role. We got decent money for him and sold him at his peak value so I am not that upset we lost him. However, at times this season i.e. against all the smaller teams who have beat us up, we really could've done with him. Further, as his fee essentially went on Baka, the sale wasn't as great as it should've been.