test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

DavidEU

Nemanja Matic

Started by DavidEU,

4,161 posts in this topic

United is not a exactly a rival. Since SAF left they became a Europa League side. Its like selling a player to Everton. 

DDA and Tomo like this

6 minutes ago, Henrique said:

United is not a exactly a rival. Since SAF left they became a Europa League side. Its like selling a player to Everton. 

Not for ever...

7 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

Not for ever...

We will see. I think it can go in both directions. Jose's short-termism moving Utd up places or his overrated and/or overpriced beanpoles (Pogba, Lukaku, Matic, Fellaini among others) imploding under the pressure. Jose is not known to get the best out of young players but rather squeeze the best out of finished products. He doesn't have many of those at Utd. They still have not enough players to unlock packed defenses, one could say even less without Ibrahimovic. I wish them all the worst. 

Barbara likes this

Comment on Red Cafe in the Matic thread

He's someone comfortable on the ball, but also a tank defensively. He's not just a destroyer type but can actually pick out a pass and won't give it away stupidly or just be a liability on the ball. And gives us yet more height and physicality.

Do you want to burst his bubble or shall i?

kellzfresh likes this

6 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Comment on Red Cafe in the Matic thread

Do you want to burst his bubble or shall i?

Seeing a lot of the same thing on Twitter. Also things like "He was an absolutely vital part of Chlesea's team last year. One of their best players." 

I think he'll do very well initially but his shortcoming will become apparent as the season goes on. He's a definite upgrade on Fellaini and Carrick at his age so I still think it was dumb to sell him there. He's not going to elevate their overall level like all their fans are now saying. When they play quick passing, highly mobile midfields theyll struggle.

Tomo and kellzfresh like this

The Serbian midfielder made his debut in the 2-1 win over Sampdoria last night at the Aviva Stadium in Dublin.

And although Chelsea is part of his history, Matic seemed to make a dig at his old team-mates.

When asked for his thoughts on the current United squad, Matic said: “They are amazing.

“I played in a few clubs in my career, but these guys are amazing.”

On 8/3/2017 at 11:23 AM, xPetrCechx said:

The Serbian midfielder made his debut in the 2-1 win over Sampdoria last night at the Aviva Stadium in Dublin.

And although Chelsea is part of his history, Matic seemed to make a dig at his old team-mates.

When asked for his thoughts on the current United squad, Matic said: “They are amazing.

“I played in a few clubs in my career, but these guys are amazing.”

I hate comments like that, not respectful really. Okay he maybe is angry with the club, but keep it away from public...

2 minutes ago, zekinjo said:

Conte on Matic sale to United: " You have to ask the club ". 

Ouch!

I don't think we sold matic without conte's premission.

Like I and others have said, Matic is still too good of a player to have sold to a direct rival. There's no way Conte would've sent him there if it were completely up to him. Much like Cech to Arsenal where Mou would've blocked that.

xPetrCechx likes this

3 minutes ago, zekinjo said:

Conte on Matic sale to United: " You have to ask the club ". 

Ouch!

I don't think Conte is going to stay with us beyond next season. 

Already more friction between him and the board you can see it with these types of comments. 

laura90 likes this

Conte didn't want to sell matic to Manu, Chelsea did it.

Conte just said to matic he won't start here and can leave.

Typical board love profit so they sold him to United. The dispute was where he should go. Couldve sold him to juve lesser and loosened them up on sandro.

3 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

Typical board love profit so they sold him to United. The dispute was where he should go. Couldve sold him to juve lesser and loosened them up on sandro.

Idle speculation. You can't force someone to join another club so it appeases the fans.

OhForAGreavsie likes this

1 minute ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Idle speculation. You can't force someone to join another club so it appeases the fans.

And Conte?

On 8/1/2017 at 7:50 PM, Pizy said:

Seeing a lot of the same thing on Twitter. Also things like "He was an absolutely vital part of Chlesea's team last year. One of their best players." 

I think he'll do very well initially but his shortcoming will become apparent as the season goes on. He's a definite upgrade on Fellaini and Carrick at his age so I still think it was dumb to sell him there. He's not going to elevate their overall level like all their fans are now saying. When they play quick passing, highly mobile midfields theyll struggle.

The question is,..how often are they going to face highly mobile midfields like that?

I agree he's not going to set them on fire in the Champions league or any big game, but he will do a good job for them over the entire season

Jason likes this