test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

DavidEU

Nemanja Matic

Started by DavidEU,

4,238 posts in this topic

I have absolutely no idea why people are complaining about this, we just absolutely fleeced United for an incredibly average player, who cares if its for a rival, Matic might even make them worse, no fight, no spirit, afraid to get stuck in, no creativity, hardly an ultra defensive presence, just a passenger for most of the game, terrific business by the club.

Also, dont worry, we'll sign a replacement, we wont go into next season without making at least 3 aditions

Tomo, Blue-in-me-Veins and Fernando like this

Sad to see him go was good for at least 5 games a season where he completely bossed a midfield but for that price you can't pass that up. It does leave us very thin in the middle but hopefully the club has some things planned

Johnnyeye likes this

Nearly doubled our money for a squad player. Let's see it be reinvested during this window.

£35m + £5m in addons I read on Dailyfail.

If so, glad we held them to the knife on the price...... Jesus, I'd love to negotiate at Chelsea for a payrise.

Reckon it's going to be one new important arrival before Burnley, then I think two more players (maybe three if we are lucky) in the last days of the market, to complete the squad, a la Marcos Alonso last summer. Not top players, but decent, to play a rotation role.

0007 likes this

35 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Now the big question, what are the board going to do with this money.

Nothing lol 

17 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Now the big question, what are the board going to do with this money.

The answer on that question should been wrapped up days before we take the money from United. 

I am not worried about him doing well too much.

I am, however, worried about this being the catalyst to release Pogba as a pure attacking beast in the mold of Toure. He already was getting there last year. Mourinho is about make it very easy for him.

MefiX19 and Johnnyeye like this

Always a bit sad to see a player who was part of winning team go, but honestly I'm least bothered I can be. He has no charisma whatsoever and last few months was a struggle to watch him. His current version is the player we do not want to have in the squad anymore. We'll always have his first half a year here when he was a beast, a City performance, a few dozens of awesome games in 14/15, decent showing in last year campaign with cherry pick on the top, that goal against Spurs. Thanks for that. He has become a joy killer lately and he killed momentum of so many attacks. As a squad player, yeah he can stay, but for that money we have option to sign more complete player.

BTW His and Jose statement on official Man Utd website looks incredible hilarious like a text randomly generated in Fifa/FM Career mode, I can tell that none of them have nothing to do with this whatsoever. Ha ha.

Can't think of scenario we won't sign a midfielder now.

Both Manchester clubs now have excellent depth in midfield. United have Pogba, Herrera, Matic, Fellaini, Carrick, and Fosu Mensa to choose from in the middle of the pitch.

We have Kante, a Fabregas who will unfortunately struggle against good sides, and Bakayoko who's injured.

Surely, surely the ONLY way we'd have let Matic go today is because something is done and dusted. Unbelievably stupid by the club otherwise and I refuse to believe that they're stupid enough to not have this already planned out.

xPetrCechx and MichaelDance like this

4 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Surely, surely the ONLY way we'd have let Matic go today is because something is done and dusted. Unbelievably stupid by the club otherwise and I refuse to believe that they're stupid enough to not have this already planned out.

Remember this is chelsea bro lol. But in all seriousness we HAVE too surely have a player lined up, but the only midfielder we have been linked with for while is sances and apparently now he's definitely staying a BM, so am stumped.

Thank you for everything Matic, wish you all the best in the future and goodluck, once a blue always a blue. Cheers and KTBFFH

so he's basically leaving because we brought in bakayoko? If so, good riddance, don't need players with such weak fighting spirit... let's bring in a quality CM and we'll be good in midfield

MichaelDance likes this