Nemanja Matic

.Cee

Honestly, Matic is so incredibly one-footed that it's painful to watch. Everything he does is with his fucking left foot only. There have been so many times I wanted to shout 'USE YOUR RIGHT FOOT FOR FUCKING SAKE!!!'. :doh:

True, it's a major weakness. He can only turn one way, is forced to everything with his left (making him easier to read) and he's easily passed by on his right. Willian is like that with his right foot but he has the advantage of being quick.

True, it's a major weakness. He can only turn one way, is forced to everything with his left (making him easier to read) and he's easily passed by on his right. Willian is like that with his right foot but he has the advantage of being quick.

He has also become like Mikel to be honest, taking one touch too many before passing the ball, which makes it all the more worse since he only has one foot!

He has also become like Mikel to be honest, taking one touch too many before passing the ball, which makes it all the more worse since he only has one foot!

Excessive touches, I agree. But he's always had that in his game. It's the disappearance of his driving runs forwards that makes it more annoying.

Excessive touches, I agree. But he's always had that in his game.

True but he always know when to release the ball early previously. Now...he's just hogging onto the ball before passing it sideways or backwards.

It's the disappearance of his driving runs forwards that makes it more annoying.

Yeah. Still remember that game where he bossed Toure at City two seasons ago.

nah even his movement is completely different than mikel's. Mikel stays back even when he is free to move forward. His passing range is different too and he does make runs forward - something mikel never does. I remember a few runs in last game myself. The fact we played without a striker made things worse IMO - multiple players roaming about the same areas.

Hazard did exactly the same thing (holding to the ball when he should pass it). Perhaps the players are trying to hard and should been playing the simpler game.

Not sure if this has been pointed out in the pre-match thread but Matic will be suspended for the last 16 first leg after picking up his third booking of the competition against Porto.

That's quite a huge blow, especially if we get PSG/Juventus.

• 3 weeks later...

His handball was Fabregas' fault.

He has a habit for these strange mistakes, doesn't he?

Gave away a silly one against Southampton earlier this year as well. I don't want to overreact or anything like that but maybe Henrique had a point when he said Matic isn't all that great some time. Heck, perhaps even the Arsenal fans had a point when they said Coquelin is better than Matic. And...maybe Mourinho had a point too when he said took the players - including Matic - to another level that they weren't capable of reaching yet.