test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

DavidEU

Nemanja Matic

Started by DavidEU,

4,161 posts in this topic

Good money. 

And as a person that cast stones at the board for a couple of weeks, I don't see them as that daft in not buying anyone. 

The only question is who we will get? 

Let's hope it's a good one. 

Continue the trend with young players. Don't know much about Renato but Conte asked for him so that's a plus. 

19 minutes ago, Hybrid Angel said:

Some are arguing that we're directly strengthening United but you can also look at it a very different way. United were gonna sign a DM anyways and I'm just happy that they didn't get one better than Nemanja and you best believe there are a couple of those on the market; Fabinho, Nzonzi, or Dier would have taken United to the next level. Even Dendoncker would have been a better option. 

It still improves the United first XI but at the end of the day United not getting a much better player like those mentioned above is a silver lining.

Nzonzi and Dier are worse all-round players than Matic. They wouldn't take Manchester United any further than Nemanja will. Nzoni are pretty good at defending but he's barely making any difference in opposition half.

Clockwork, Johnnyeye and Leif like this

I wasn't up to sellling him to manure, but I won't mind if Chelsea actually replace him with someone better. And that's nit such a hard task. Chelsea just need to start signing players, hope it's gonna be soon, but soon,  is gonna be too late. 

the wes likes this

7 minutes ago, pHaRaOn said:

Nzonzi and Dier are worse all-round players than Matic. They wouldn't take Manchester United any further than Nemanja will. Nzoni are pretty good at defending but he's barely making any difference in opposition half.

Completely disagree. Not sure how much you've watched those two players but I find Nzonzi and Dier to be much better than the Serbian in the offensive aspect. The former has transformed himself into a regista with defensive capabilities in the last few years, and Dier is much more comfortable on the ball than Matic. Defensively, Matic is very overrated. He chases shadows instead of being proactive and trying to read the play.

Wallosh likes this

As long as we actually spend this money on buying another CM then I'm okay with it.

I'm just growing more and more concerned with the level of outgoings, whereas it seems like at the moment, no one is on the horizon. Sandro deal looks dead in the water,no more talk of any CM's coming in.

I know we've made some good signings so far in terms of Baka, Morata and Rudiger, but we need DEPTH. Right now we're a puddle.

RoyalBlues likes this

6 minutes ago, Hybrid Angel said:

Completely disagree. Not sure how much you've watched those two players but I find Nzonzi and Dier to be much better than the Serbian in the offensive aspect. The former has transformed himself into a regista with defensive capabilities in the last few years, and Dier is much more comfortable on the ball than Matic. Defensively, Matic is very overrated. He chases shadows instead of being proactive and trying to read the play.

I've watched N'Zonzi and I don't know how can you state that he's "much better" in offensive phase of the game. At what exactly he's better?

DYC. and Blue-in-me-Veins like this

A more mobile consistent cm needed . Hope he wins as many titles since Mata went to utd lol 

the wes likes this

Good money but at the moment we are going for a very long season with barely any depth.

Has anyone here watched Matic over the last two seasons?

He's a shadow of the player that joined us and will only be a slight improvement over Felliani. Hardly strengthen them

My biggest worry is having 18 players that can adequately do a job when needed. Hope we're busy in the next week & half.

Wallosh, Barbara and Miki-Liki like this

Guys, lets be honest. Ramires is a better player than Matic in almost every aspect of the game. This is the player United is buying for 40m. Lets stop the madness. Matic is no more than an ultra limited player. Thank god Jose is a big fan, since he is probably the only manager in the world that is willing to pay more than 20m for him. 

Wallosh, Peace. and Fernando like this

4 hours ago, LAM09 said:

Has anyone here watched Matic over the last two seasons?

He's a shadow of the player that joined us and will only be a slight improvement over Felliani. Hardly strengthen them

My biggest worry is having 18 players that can adequately do a job when needed. Hope we're busy in the next week & half.

Hmmm, Matic is the same player. Limited since the first day he joined. He had a Great debut: THAT game against City. So people started the bullshit about Matic being world class. He is just slightly better than Mikel. Pretty one dimensional player. Im happy he is leaving for big money.

Ahh Matic.. 

Good bye pal. Thanks for the painfully left sided runs towards the oppositions corner flag and the occasional goal. 

Barbara likes this

Mixed feelings personally, although he was immense in two and a half seasons, his effectiveness has slowly dwindled. He seems to have never recovered from the Barnes tackle...

He was decent last season but I guess his style is more suitable if we were to have a conservative approach. Him and Kante were solid but we were more of a threat with Cesc in the side.

In many games I felt with him and Kante, we were relying too much on Hazard and Costa alone up top for creativity/goals because both Kante and Matic seemed redundant.

I'm only worried if we don't go for another DM to replace him as we need cover for the amount of games we're playing..

We should go for Fabinho now, him and Bakayako would go together nicely and that would piss off United fans as well..

On a side note, I wouldn't like to be TheWiz right now...

Wallosh likes this

1 quality game to every 10 average/poor games. Doesn't weaken us massively and not getting any younger. Like others have said it worries me less united getting Matic rather than Fabinho .

Most gutting part is its seems Sandro isnt coming our way otherwise Matic would have been part of the bargain (unless Juve have no interest in him)

Wallosh likes this

feels like we putting our season on a currently injured,never played in the premier league,new signing to hit the ground running. I would have preferred atleast competition for that spot for him in Matic. who I`d class as a good option in "horses for courses" situations. he will need to be replaced and this transfer window you gotta pay 20-30 mill for a career back up.

Tautvix and Johnnyeye like this