test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

DavidEU

Nemanja Matic

Started by DavidEU,

4,161 posts in this topic
2 hours ago, Tautvix said:

I see you are not getting numbers right.

He will be 29 on Tuesday;

So finally the fee is going to be 40m and not 50 as reported a while ago by the telegraph and other reports. It remains a good deal but I feel we could have gotten more since we're selling to a rival. I guess in the end they were the only ones willing to pay that much.

Just now, Rapkun said:

So finally the fee is going to be 40m and not 50 as reported a while ago by the telegraph and other reports. It remains a good deal but I feel we could have gotten more since we're selling to a rival. I guess in the end they were the only ones willing to pay that much.

You have to spend money in order to be a better team. Matic suits United perfectly and they got the CM they were craving.

Was he world class? On his day, yes (Too far between). Was I completely frustrated with him some games? Yes. Did I want him going to a direct rival considering thats the position they desperately need to cover? Absolutely not, this is a completely mindless move from Chelsea.

What a midfield United have now.

pHaRaOn and Johnnyeye like this

2 hours ago, Chelsea4 said:

Winner medals?! Should we have kept Mikel because he has Champions League medal?

U and I both know the contribution of Mikel and that of Matic towards the title. Big teams/managers will always be on lookout for qualities (among others) from player who are winners and have won big trophies because they get the same mentality to the team. There is a reason why Matic is wanted by Jose and not Mikel, I cant help if someone cannot see that difference ...

Matic is far from useless. Selling him will only be the right choice if he doesnt become a key player for United, and if we dont struggle in the middle. We are apparently getting really well paid for him, but it means little if the money isnt invested into another strong CM. 

Johnnyeye and kellzfresh like this

37 minutes ago, Chelsea4 said:

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! We are finally getting rid of him.

DF_DrULXkAAX40l.jpg.aacf89f2c3dca25b3e9ad2a2c58b3965.jpg

Is that photoshop that picture?? 

I read that it's Matic's face photoshopped on Schweinsteiger's body.

3 minutes ago, the wes said:

Is that photoshop that picture?? 

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

I read that it's Matic's face photoshopped on Schweinsteiger's body.

DF_NptFXoAA1eDD.jpg

29 minutes ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

He's 28 until he's 29. That's how it works.

He's a lot nearer 29 than he is 28. That's a fact.

If Conte left him behind then he must be causing issues regarding this move. Its best we sell and forget. 

40 instead of 50? The fuck is wrong with us. I said somewhere in this thread and I repeat

Chelsea sell to the rich and give to the poor. Why even negotiate the price with those fuckers 50 or fuck off. Pretty sure selling him now will only mean we need to spank a few millions more when we buy another midfielder because the other teams know we have money.

The reputable journalists are all reporting done deal now and may be announced today.

Really hope we immedietly throw every penny of his fee at another CM. Forget a loan, just try to buy Renato Sanches. Young, super talented and can be eased into things here without massive expectations.

TheIceMan likes this

Does make me laugh though that there is one market for us and another for everybody else but we seem to cave in almost every time when its to do with our players. 

Should have held out for £50m, in this wild transfer market.

Fuck this shit.

The transfer sum doesn't even matter now; you're giving United the opportunity to fill a major hole in their squad for which there is no other player available. Bravo, whoever the fuck is in charge!

I hope we have another midfielder lined up and that's why this is finally going through.

Also, I don't get all the hate.  Matic was a big part of our 2 league wins in the past 3 years.  Sure, he has his limitations, but he gave as much effort on the pitch as anyone else during that time.  Personally, I'll remember him fondly and wish him all the best.