Nemanja Matic

.Cee

Feels like he's not breaking down attacks as he used to. He's not making enough of those "stab" tackles and interceptions. I've a feeling that the incident with Burnley that could have broken his leg is in his head...

...or he's just tired..

We always complain about players not getting rest, but when they do there form becomes shit. Has happen to him, Cesc and Costa

Nobody is talking about giving them three matches of rest lol.

Once in a while they should get one match to relax and start the next game.They will not lose form after one match of absence,so it will only make them better.After playing 120 minutes against PSG,I am sure that Cesc is tired and he should have had a rest day against Southampton,but Mourinho did not give him the rest he needed.

Matic is a good player but his biggest weakness is his lack of mobility. Maybe that would be fine if he could compensate by his reading of the game but he cant do that either. ramires proved to be better because he has the legs to intercept their passes.

Honestly, id rather have Schneiderlin than Matic anytime of the week.

Honestly, having Wanyama or Cesc next to you is huge difference when comes to defending.

he's turned in to shit the last couple of games

Whole team has.

This lad has regressed in a big way, his reading of play is one of the biggest problems.....he's lost it right now.

Everyone is lost in this team right now. Cesc turning crap is one of major reasons. He is a passer of the game realy. Just jogging all the time, not chasing the ball etc. He has one oddly good tackle every game, but allround he is no where near people think he tracks, runs and chases opponent for ball. Slow as fuck too and needs 5 seconds to turn around. Zero mobility. Matic plays leading role in team when we defend, but our CBs, our fullbacks, Cesc turned into crap recently, while Costa, Willian and Oscar do nothing in attack to release pressure from midfield.

It'd be great to have Schneiderlin here in a midfield 3 with Cesc and Matic. Jose would obviously never select this (especially the back 4!) but I'd love to see:

Courtois

Azpi Zouma Varane Luis

Schneiderlin Cesc Matic

Willian Costa Hazard

Equipazo.

Our coach is Mou. I think it has become clear Azpi will never play RB regulary, Luis wont be our starter. And good luck with that U-21 CB pairing. While both are good, you just cant play two so young defenders in season when we will be probably chase CL too. Just no.

Secondly I would rather buy someone faster and more mobile than Scheniderlin, because our midifeld is already slow.

Thirdly, we struggle in creating chances, but we would add another DM instead of Oscar. That right side though; Azpi, Schneiderlin, Willian. Florent Malouda would give more creativity from that right side than those three players.

Either we add another DM instead of Oscar, but also top RW and very allround, fast full back or we just keep the team as it is with some minor additions.

Matic is a good player but his biggest weakness is his lack of mobility. Maybe that would be fine if he could compensate by his reading of the game but he cant do that either. ramires proved to be better because he has the legs to intercept their passes.

Honestly, id rather have Schneiderlin than Matic anytime of the week.

Yo, Scheiderlin is an excellent player and all but over Matic? Nope.

Yo, Scheiderlin is an excellent player and all but over Matic? Nope.

I think he's a superior defensive midfielder to Matic. Morgan is more mobile, stronger tactically and faster at releasing the ball. Nemanja has only looked good against the lower sides, where his lack of speed and mobility is less of an issue. he struggles against fast players and when he's beaten he can't do much about it. His midfield partner in Fabregas is not the most dynamic player either, which is why I think the midfield duo is as much of a problem as the center back duo.

I think he's a superior defensive midfielder to Matic. Morgan is more mobile, stronger tactically and faster at releasing the ball. Nemanja has only looked good against the lower sides, where his lack of speed and mobility is less of an issue. he struggles against fast players and when he's beaten he can't do much about it. His midfield partner in Fabregas is not the most dynamic player either, which is why I think the midfield duo is as much of a problem as the center back duo.

Matic was poor the last two games.

He was exceptional against city in several games, he was good in europe, against liverpool etc.

Cut the crap and stop bandwagoning Schneiderlin just because we played southampton last weekend and Schneiderlin had better game than Matic who was way below his standards.

That said Scheiderlin is quality player, but not better than Matic. Just not.

And if we are going for a more defensive CM to pair Matic and Cesc, I hope we go for someone in mould of Vidal then. Faster and mobile, b2b with allround quality.

Matic, Schneiderlin and Cesc would be slowest and most immobile midfield of the top sides. Zero creativity. Ut would be good if they parked inside penalty area and defend for 90min though.

But some of us want to see more from our team. Thats why we bough Hazard, Oscar, Willian, Costa, Cesc etc.

Matic was poor the last two games.

He was exceptional against city in several games, he was good in europe, against liverpool etc.

Cut the crap and stop bandwagoning Schneiderlin just because we played southampton last weekend and Schneiderlin had better game than Matic who was way below his standards.

That said Scheiderlin is quality player, but not better than Matic. Just not.

And if we are going for a more defensive CM to pair Matic and Cesc, I hope we go for someone in mould of Vidal then. Faster and mobile, b2b with allround quality.

Matic, Schneiderlin and Cesc would be slowest and most immobile midfield of the top sides. Zero creativity. Ut would be good if they parked inside penalty area and defend for 90min though.

But some of us want to see more from our team. Thats why we bough Hazard, Oscar, Willian, Costa, Cesc etc.

Good in europe? He was terrible both times against PSG. First leg our midfield had no intensity and no mobility. We could only regain possession deeper in our own half. The second leg, he was decent in the first half but as soon as Oscar was subbed (no pressing) he was being outplayed by Verratti/Matuidi. I could even make a case for the Sporting and Maribor away games, where he allowed them the space to counter. the liverpool games honestly, you could've chosen a better example than those especially in the cup. 34 year old Gerrard was more mobile than Matic and won every challenge, the Sterling/Coutinho duo was running past him like he was non existent. He also got dragged out of position several times trying to track them and opened spaces for Liverpool to exploit.

Now my point is not that Matic is bad, far from that. I think he's a good player. but he's not that world class DM people are making him out to be. He's far too slow and immobile. He lacks the tactical awareness to compensate for it too and he forgets to cover for the marauding Ivanovic or gets caught trying to dictate the tempo like he was doing on a consitant basis at the start of the season. Lack of pressing upfront terribly affect his game and he can't steal too many balls when it happens. I think the tactical aspect has a lot to due with the fact that he was previously an attacking midfielder, and generally I feel about Matic that he's more of a deep playmaker like Fabregas rather than a pure n6. His offensive side of the game is really good, and its showing against the lower sides. but I think we need something different against the top sides to have a chance at winning an european trophy.

I didn't suggest a midfield of Fabregas Matic Schneiderlin. I said I would rather have Schneiderlin next to Cesc because I think he's a better defensive midfielder.

I said I would rather have Schneiderlin next to Cesc because I think he's a better defensive midfielder.

Fair enough that's your opinion. I would rather find someone else to partner Matic though, not Fabregas. There is absolutely no reason to replace Matic, that would be imo unnecessary bordering on idiotic. He's been one of our most influential player since we signed him. Matic isn't only a rudimentary defensive midfielder as well, he is incredibly useful in attack too. At times he resembles more a box-to-box midfielder than a standard DM.

Long story short: Replacing Matic with Schneiderling would be stupid.

Fair enough that's your opinion. I would rather find someone else to partner Matic though, not Fabregas. There is absolutely no reason to replace Matic, that would be imo unnecessary bordering on idiotic. He's been one of our most influential player since we signed him. Matic isn't only a rudimentary defensive midfielder as well, he is incredibly useful in attack too. At times he resembles more a box-to-box midfielder than a standard DM.

Long story short: Replacing Matic with Schneiderling would be stupid.

I wouldn't mind it either if we had a dynamic creative midfielder like Modric, Verratti instead of Fabregas. but we signed him now and its very unlikely that we go for another player. and to be fair to him, he delivered assists and he's improving his defensive side of the game.

What I find really worrying though, is that we tried to play Fabregas higher in europe. and the weaknesses of Matic got the better of him. I'm afraid Matic Ramires in the pivot is still not the answer.

I'm the only one who noticed how ridiculous one-footed is Nemanja Matic ? Seriously, I can't compare another midfielder at this level with him. He feels pain whenever he has to play with his right foot. He can break fluids of an attack and also when he does his driving runs forward when the ball rolls to his right, the power action is as good as dead. I find it very problematic. When he finally uses it, the pass has less accuracy and power, even the simple, short one.

Maybe you shouldn't read my post, because when once you noticed this, your view will change and you will be uncomfortable with this ...