Nemanja Matic

.Cee

For record Cesc has two things about him. 1.) he is shit in big games 2.) he drops form big time in second, read crucial part of season.

1069814_1551574195128650_700811988939299

big time? So if he repeats 2009 or 2008 won't be enough? Damn if he repeats even 2009 - which is more than our AMs without penalties normally do, then it's still big time drop of form?

also I didn't know wins in the second part of the season gave additional points. If he collaborated with X points in the first half of the league, they have the same weight as any points in the second, if you didn't know.

This reasoning only apply to knockout competitions...

Actually yh xCech is right somewhat, looks at the gif movement Barnes's leg was kind of already swing as a result of passing the ball, Matic was running at full speed to stop co collision was inevitable. On the face of it still looks a red card worthy though for me.

Actually yh xCech is right somewhat, looks at the gif movement Barnes's leg was kind of already swing as a result of passing the ball, Matic was running at full speed to stop co collision was inevitable. On the face of it still looks a red card worthy though for me.

yeap.

For record Cesc has two things about him. 1.) he is shit in big games 2.) he drops form big time in second, read crucial part of season.

Back in summer when we signed him that was all I was thinking about the signing. While he is fantastic footballer, these two reasons dont make him a winner and we need those in our team. When people started to jump on bandwagon how fantastic signing he was, I remained calm. Performing superbly against average decent sides is one thing but performing consistently through season against any team is another. Cesc had no good game against big team (good game for his standards) except for PSG.

The excuse that he was ill or injured is irrelevant trust me. He is the kind of character whole career and I doubt he will change. But I hope he will. Hope for the good of Chelsea.

Cesc has the absolutely most crucial role in the team. He is the motor, the creator, the beggining of everything we do. If you have someone like him who drops form down in second half and against big teams, then you are fucked. Cesc is big fish against small sides, but that wont win you trophies. Period.

The form of Cesc since january and form of Chelsea since january is extremely connected as you can see. Our attack, the flow from midfield has dropped big time and we were shit in attack for most parts of games in 2015. I am not saying we are shit solely because of Cesc, but thing is Cesc is our key part and if he is shit, whole team follow that patch. And you wouldnt want inconsistent key part of your team would you?

The sooner people realise that, the better.

That said, rest of our attackers and Mou dont help the situation either.

I think Cesc would be ok going forward. I saw glimpses of his self today. He saw a lot of the ball and was passing around ok. That's why we had 70% possession numbers. I think he is struggling with the final ball. The big difference I see between 2014 and 2015 is that he is not going far forward. Probably because of the Tottenham and Liverpool games he is concerned that we will get caught up in a counter attack. Earlier in the season we were playing worry free, confident that Matic, Cahill, and Terry would do the job. But the Spurs game feels like a turning point this season

I think Cesc would be ok going forward. I saw glimpses of his self today. He saw a lot of the ball and was passing around ok. That's why we had 70% possession numbers. I think he is struggling with the final ball. The big difference I see between 2014 and 2015 is that he is not going far forward. Probably because of the Tottenham and Liverpool games he is concerned that we will get caught up in a counter attack. Earlier in the season we were playing worry free, confident that Matic, Cahill, and Terry would do the job. But the Spurs game feels like a turning point this season

Glimpses against the worst team in the league or one of the worst is unacceptable.

Personally I would myself acted the same way. Barnes almost broke Matic's leg and i'm glad at least it didn't break. Barnes should have got his second yellow for that tackle as he also had a fair crack at Ivanovic who his Matic's best mate. The ref should be protecting the safety of players. If Barnes got a deserved yellow earlier Im sure he would not have gone in like that on Matic.

1069814_1551574195128650_700811988939299

big time? So if he repeats 2009 or 2008 won't be enough? Damn if he repeats even 2009 - which is more than our AMs without penalties normally do, then it's still big time drop of form?

also I didn't know wins in the second part of the season gave additional points. If he collaborated with X points in the first half of the league, they have the same weight as any points in the second, if you didn't know.

This reasoning only apply to knockout competitions...

Duh. I was pointing at CL not so much at pL. In another post i said cesc is useful for pL but not CL. In pl you have small teams that cesc is perfect against.

And what does statistics say about hid performnces in big games anyway? He is also the top runner but everyone who watches his games will see he gets overrun by opponent and doestn even sprint after him. And to throw stats from 5 yrs ago isnt useful in first place.

He can boost stats all he wants but some prefer a CM that would deliver performnces on consistent basis including against top teams like Modric or Pirlo etc. Cesc will never boss midfield against better team and thats a fact. He isnt big game player.

Your overprotection to certain players is funny. They are cute and nice personalities etc, but try to explain that cesc is big game consistent player to someone else not to me. I watched him long long time and you cant change my opinion. Cesc will if he actualy puts a good performance against psg for example but we all know its hard to happen.

Btw im not saying he is shit or not useful. Just not a big game player and someone who would deliver top performances over whole season.

Some people I know said to me that barnes just tried to pass and matic kicked the ball with his leg and the leg of barnes just moved forward naturally.

Yes, that does explain the initial collision, but the only way for Matic's leg to bend like that is if there is significant pressure put into it. If it was just his movement for a pass then he would just scraped up his leg with his studs and they both would've went down no problem. However, Barnes clearly wanted to leave a bit on Matic and he's done a lot more than that, whether he was fully aware of what he was doing or not.

I think his holdup play under extensive pressure is absolute shit. And thats a problem for someone who is key playmaker and eventualy a big problem for team.