test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

DavidEU

Nemanja Matic

Started by DavidEU,

4,226 posts in this topic

i really would like to keep matic as i think conte can get the best out of him. if he is determined to go minimum value needs to be 30 mill and if they do want to throw zaza in ill gladly take him. without zaza 35 in the current market and ill say enjoy your time in Italy

He ain't getting any younger. He is what, late 20's now? He's already looking like he's on a decline and maybe the Italian league will suit him. I would prefer to bring in a younger, better version and/or keep Chalobah around to fight for a place in the first team also. I say the more centre mids the better for us. As much as everyone critiques Mikel, he's been a fantastic servant to the club, and most of all he loves playing for the club, so for me he is more important than Matic. 

I would be quite sad should he leave. Was one of my favourite players in the league winning campaign, and I'm certain he can find again his form. Shame.

So Matic leaves but Mikel stays. Lol. At least Chalobah looks to be staying but I feel the coddling with long term servants like Iva and JT get, so too will Mikel and he'll knock Nathaniel down the pecking order. I don't get it. Why would Matic leave when the new manager has shown confidence in him unless the club getting Kante insulted him which is hilarious considering he struggled last season and has no excuse to complain he's the #1 guy.

2 hours ago, Blue Gino said:

So Matic leaves but Mikel stays. Lol. At least Chalobah looks to be staying but I feel the coddling with long term servants like Iva and JT get, so too will Mikel and he'll knock Nathaniel down the pecking order. I don't get it. Why would Matic leave when the new manager has shown confidence in him unless the club getting Kante insulted him which is hilarious considering he struggled last season and has no excuse to complain he's the #1 guy.

They all need to leave apart from Chalobah. 

I wish I was in charge of this club's transfers. Matic is a good player at times even great but he isn't top class because of his obvious weaknesses. I'd sell him to Juve and sign his replacement Paredes from Roma who's currently available.

Hazard Cesc/Oscar Kante Mahrez

Paredes

That midfield is easily attainable if we had the ambition of a big club. The obvious weak link would be Cesc/Oscar which we could replace the following season.

Despiadado.Maleante likes this

The gift Allegri would like to have is Matic. Conte insists he is not for sale, but the player is trying to force his hand. (GdS) #CFC #Juve

Matic has reiterated that he wants to leave, because he wants a new experience and #Juventus is considered the ideal team with CL (GdS) #CFC

If Juventus can give us a decent offer just sell him. Otherwise both him and Juventus can fuck off. By 'decent' I mean anything north of 20m pounds which I know is low for some but I don't really rate him anymore. Given how woeful he's been the team would improve with him on the bench.

Sell. Woeful offensively and bang average defensively. He purely uses his size to defend and is a very reactive player who is always chasing rather than snuffing out the danger. Not to mention he has been regressing since that game against Burnley in our title winning campaign.

It's time we go for players who are not only good on the defensive side but also have a footballing brain and can at least do the basics such as first touch passes and protecting the ball under pressure. That's what made us so successful 10 years ago, great defensive players who also had a ton to offer on the technical side. It seems our board has tried to replicate those years but they have only bought players who are only big and strong. 

I haven't watched Thiago Maia but from what I've heard we need players like him. Good technically and defensively.

kellzfresh and nono like this

Reading this thread, I can't help but laugh at the fact that this time last year he was "the best defensive midfielder in the world" :lol: 

The reality of course is somewhere in the middle. He's a good but limited player who thrives in certain roles and systems. 

Gilvorak and nono like this

On 31 July 2016 at 6:48 PM, Jason said:

Why would Matic said what he said a few days ago about Conte giving him a special feeling if he had wanted to leave in the first place? Sounds like BS rumours from Di Marzio.

Did he say that in an interview with Chelsea TV? If he did, I'm afraid we can discount almost all of it. The in-house TV station regularly abuses our players by pointing a camera at them, shoving a microphone in their face, asking a banal question and expecting  them to find something informative, interesting, and remorselessly positive to say. It's excruciating watching at times. The channel is desperately in need of and new editor with a whole raft of new ideas.

Anyway, comments delivered on  that platform carry little weight I think.

Essien19 likes this

42 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Good. Matic is frustrating atm but I still hope that Conte's going to revive him. We forget how good he was between 2012-2014. Still remember when people were frustrated about him not being able to play in Chelsea midfield in 2014 Champions League knock-out stage and what difference he would make to our chances.

If he won't improve then we just sell him next year, it's as simple as that.

Still don't know what's got him, remember when he said he didn't celebrate goal against Sunderland because he has his reasons ? Weird.

4 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Did he say that in an interview with Chelsea TV? If he did, I'm afraid we can discount almost all of it. The in-house TV station regularly abuses our players by pointing a camera at them, shoving a microphone in their face, asking a banal question and expecting  them to find something informative, interesting, and remorselessly positive to say. It's excruciating watching at times. The channel is desperately in need of and new editor with a whole raft of new ideas.

Anyway, comments delivered on  that platform carry little weight I think.

Not 100% sure but don't think it was with Chelsea TV. In any case, here's what he said in full.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3714397/Nemanja-Matic-warms-Chelsea-stay-given-special-feeling-new-boss-Antonio-Conte.html

10 hours ago, CHOULO19 said:

Reading this thread, I can't help but laugh at the fact that this time last year he was "the best defensive midfielder in the world" :lol: 

The reality of course is somewhere in the middle. He's a good but limited player who thrives in certain roles and systems. 

Yes, it would indeed be somewhere in the middle if one values the options here and facts, equally.

I for one would gladly revise my opinions of certain players in the squad had they received a 20m+ offer from a club like juventus, but that's just me.

Blue Colored Sky likes this

The narrative changes everyday. He and Conte must know each other inside-out by now since they have "meetings" everyday it seems like. Yesterday he had a meeting and decided he wanted a new challenge. Today he had a meeting in which Conte convinced him to stay. Two days ago he wanted to go.

Wonder what tomorrow will bring...

Just now, Pizy said:

The narrative changes everyday. He and Conte must know each other inside-out by now since they have "meetings" everyday it seems like. Yesterday he had a meeting and decided he wanted a new challenge. Today he had a meeting in which Conte convinced him to stay. Two days ago he wanted to go.

Tomorrow will bring us buying Matuidi and selling Matic in Italy

20 minutes ago, Pizy said:

They media got tired of doing the same about Costa and have now turned to Matic.

Reading the Costa news was hilarious. One day he was "100% staying and committed to Conte" and the next day he was "alienated, not in speaking terms with Conte, close to Atletico" and that went on and on for a couple of weeks. Guess they needed a new topic to sell newspapers with so now it's Matic they're talking about.

Of course there's truth in the reports that Juve are very much interested but the media know fuck all about what's going on in Matic's head and what him and Conte have discussed privately.

Bloody hope he's staying. Need all the personnel we can utilise right now. Wonder if he'll ever capture that 2014 form.. Sigh.