test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spike

Closed Diego Costa

Started by Spike,

3,705 posts in this topic

would pay it in a heartbeat but im not sure he would want to leave atletico

Definitely a long shot, but this is where the tripled wages and Mourinho (who shares the same agent) come in. If it happens, I'd be ecstatic, if it doesn't, well it was never likely anyway.

Powerhouse, warrior and the guy can finish. Would be a turning point if we could get this guy! Media like to beat the drum. Fingers crossed. We can play the Mourinho way with this guy.

sodasys likes this

Willian is showing himself to be pretty good at whipping low crosses into the box, against Sunderland we could have had 3 or 4 goals from them if Demba had done his job and got his foot on them. Not to mention the couple of long balls Luiz put right on Demba's chest past the defenders but he wasn't clinical enough to make something of it. Considering how hard it is to get good strikers at the moment I don't think we could have any objections to Costa, probably in the top 2 or 3 we could hope for.

sodasys and kellzfresh like this

If we sign Costa we will need to adjust how we play, have the attacking midfielders play around the striker, as opposed to playing within themselves like Carlo said but he would be a good signing no doubt. Robust, pacey, powerful, good in the air can finish can find clever passes, why not?

V.good striker just afraid that he can't be like that in a different playing approach other than Simione's one, at A.Madrid he easily finds so much spaces in the opponent's last third, at Chelsea that wouldn't happen.

Ba's problem was almost the same when the approach and the feed have been changed, (long balls and crosses in open spaces with Newcastle) to in feet passes feed and no spaces in the opponent's last third.

And the result as you can see is catastrophic.

He will be useless if we dont fix our striker delivery. Crossers, deep passers are dreadful here...

Even if all he can do is score sitters, that will be a HUGE improvement

Mouri_Matic likes this

more and more rumours saying he has a buy-out clause of €38 million are coming. if that's true, i think the price is fair. every striker atletico touched so far turned to gold - bobo vieri, kun aguero, torres, falcao, forlan. and let's not forget jimmy. diego costa could be our next hasselbaink.

He's not leaving At. Madrid and nor are they letting him go. They're tied in first with Barca in La Liga, doing very well in the CL and it's a World Cup year. He'll be gone in June though.

yuvala and Sheva. like this

He's not leaving At. Madrid and nor are they letting him go. They're tied in first with Barca in La Liga, doing very well in the CL and it's a World Cup year. He'll be gone in June though.

If he has a release clause then they can't do much about it (depending on the clause).

Compared to the rumours of us getting Falcao or Cavani, this one actually holds some appeal for me. Firstly he's a good age. Secondly the price isn't stupid and thirdly he actually looks like the type of player who might thrive in our league. He reminds me a little of Negredo in that he's robust, but he's also a bit of a workhorse rather than simply a finesse player. The temperament is always an issue but he's done well to step up and take Falcao's workload in the team.

The problem lies with what then happens with Lukaku.

But overall I like the idea of this guy in the team. He'll definitely give defences something to think about which creates that inch of space our midfielders need and he's very much a Mourinho-type player.

If he has a release clause then they can't do much about it (depending on the clause).

Compared to the rumours of us getting Falcao or Cavani, this one actually holds some appeal for me. Firstly he's a good age. Secondly the price isn't stupid and thirdly he actually looks like the type of player who might thrive in our league. He reminds me a little of Negredo in that he's robust, but he's also a bit of a workhorse rather than simply a finesse player. The temperament is always an issue but he's done well to step up and take Falcao's workload in the team.

The problem lies with what then happens with Lukaku.

But overall I like the idea of this guy in the team. He'll definitely give defences something to think about which creates that inch of space our midfielders need and he's very much a Mourinho-type player.

He had an even lower release clause last summer, when Liverpool met it, but he was merely using them to get a better contract with Atletico.

I think it's highly unlikely for him to leave in January in the form he's in. Once the summer transfer window opens though, he's as good as gone. Atletico will get another truck load of money, Costa will get another monstrous pay rise, and both parties will move apart grinning.

Negredo is a beast but Costa is much better, faster and stronger. He's so good he was playing out wide last season whilst Falcao was still there.

We could even play two strikers in some games and just watch Costa and - a then more developed - Lukaku just bulldozing their way through helpless defensive lines. It would be a thing of beauty.

He won't leave Athletico in January.Things are going quite well for him and his club,they are on level with Barcelona and are in the knock out stages of the Champions league.I see no reason why he would want to leave so soon.

ChelseasMessiah likes this