test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spike

Closed Diego Costa

Started by Spike,

3,705 posts in this topic

I am not saying fuck his nation, I am saying that if his nation refuse to pick him when he feels he should be picked then why should he pledge his allegiance to that nation? Diego Costa is a good player who should have been playing for Brazil regularly for the last 2 years when you look at his performances and the strikers ahead of him. They wouldn't pick him for a year so hes been put off playing for them obviously because he doesn't feel like they want him. Its his choice, I agree with his decision, why should he say no to Spain if he has a better chance of playing for them?

FIFA rules are there for a reason, if the rule says he can change his allegiance then he can change his allegiance, he won't be the last player to do this and he certainly isn't the first.

You are missing the point entirely...

1) Stop trying to view what is best for his career, international football is not about that. It is about playing for the country you feel you belong to. You keep talking about Spain being the best option for him to play, but what I am saying is that this isnt supposed to be the decisive factor. The factor should be playing for the country you feel you belong to and defending the colors of your nation.

2) When you look at his performances in 2013 and the competition available, he should be the starter for Brazil (no doubt). But that is why he was called, no? However, before that, there wasnt a big enough reason for Scolari to do so. He was even loaned out to Rayo Vallecano in 2012, no way he should have been called up for the past 2 years. You are making it as if Brazil lost the Conf Cup because Fred and Jo missed all their goal chances. It was not like that!

3) My problem with Diego Costa is the fact he doesnt respect neither Spain nor Brazil. All he wants is what is beneficial to his own purposes. He wants to be Brazilian when its convinient and Spanish when it is not. If he feels he is Spanish and belongs there (as he states in his letter to CBF), than why he played for Brazil? Forget the rules, I am not discussing whether it is legal or not. I am saying it is wrong. He shouldnt have played for Brazil if he looks himself as a Spaniard. All he did was use Brazil!

Whatever, continue the discussion via PM if you want to. I will educatedly continue to debate with you!...

Well I'm not gonna lie but I find it extremely stupid that a manager has to pick certain players to keep the fans happy. Really strange. Fans are really important in footballl but fans don't pick the teams, fans don't train players to go and win world cups or confederation cups.

It is stupid, dont need to try to be polite. It is fucking ridiculous...However, it is how things work here, so people post how they are!

For instance, Fernandinho might have played exceptionally well last season. But Felipao would NEVER leave Paulinho outside of the team when everyone here was praising him like hell. Even if he felt it was better for the team, he would never start a war with the media over one player.

So, that is why he would not call Diego Costa and leave Fred or Jo out if there wasnt anyone in the media or fanbase asking for him to be called. That is what I was saying, basically!

Well Thiago, Rafinha and Rodri were also born in brazil, but are now playing for spain...

Except for Rafinha, Im not sure he actualy played for either of them on pro level?

It's not like we need any of them either. And besides Thiago (but he's not a finished product) I don't think I'll ever think we should have secured them.

It's not like we need any of them either. And besides Thiago (but he's not a finished product) I don't think I'll ever think we should have secured them.

Well, you have plenty of options nowdays, brazil is finaly looking like good old brazil :)

Except for striker, you have big names like Pato, Damiao or Fred but they are all just above average. However as long it works for you, thats great. As for Costa, he would fit good in your team, but my opinion on all this is that Felipe called him back then for those friendlies and then just forget about him during Conf cup and brought Fred and Jo(?!) instead. Its not like they would be world class, while Costs was actualy inform. Anyway then Spain showed up with interest and Brazil did right after just because of spain. So I see no reason why should you guys be pissed about Costa, its Brazil NT fault to not call him earlier. I wont ever get why Felipe calls up many relatively unknown brasil serie a players (that dont even play much once they get call), but he leaves the likes of Willian, Fernandinho, Costa or even Felipe Luis or Hulk wait so long to get call.

Well, you have plenty of options nowdays, brazil is finaly looking like good old brazil :)

Except for striker, you have big names like Pato, Damiao or Fred but they are all just above average. However as long it works for you, thats great. As for Costa, he would fit good in your team, but my opinion on all this is that Felipe called him back then for those friendlies and then just forget about him during Conf cup and brought Fred and Jo(?!) instead. Its not like they would be world class, while Costs was actualy inform. Anyway then Spain showed up with interest and Brazil did right after just because of spain. So I see no reason why should you guys be pissed about Costa, its Brazil NT fault to not call him earlier. I wont ever get why Felipe calls up many relatively unknown brasil serie a players (that dont even play much once they get call), but he leaves the likes of Willian, Fernandinho, Costa or even Felipe Luis or Hulk wait so long to get call.

I really wish he would call Willian and Fernandinho and I've been saying that since I've seen them playing for Shaktar last year.

Barbara likes this

I really wish he would call Willian and Fernandinho and I've been saying that since I've seen them playing for Shaktar last year.

They should both be starting or on the verge of IMO, especially Fernandinho. They should definitely be in the squad already.

This *could've* been Brazil's team:

Costa

Neymar - Oscar - Lucas

Fernandinho - Ramires

Marcelo Luiz Silva Alves

Cesar

With the likes of Willian, Hulk, Dante, Paulinho etc. on the bench to switch it about...

It's very solid.

They should both be starting or on the verge of IMO, especially Fernandinho. They should definitely be in the squad already.

This *could've* been Brazil's team:

Costa

Neymar - Oscar - Lucas

Fernandinho - Ramires

Marcelo Luiz Silva Alves

Cesar

With the likes of Willian, Hulk, Dante, Paulinho etc. on the bench to switch it about...

It's very solid.

I would still have Luiz Gustavo instead of either Fernandinho or Ramires for that extra bit of defensiveness. And he's also an offensive asset, he has good passing range on him. I'm a huge fan, the guy is a beast. Not so sure about Lucas either... but it may be worth a shot. I have nothing to say about the others. They really seem to be the best choices for those positions.

Barbara likes this

I would still have Luiz Gustavo instead of either Fernandinho or Ramires for that extra bit of defensiveness. And he's also an offensive asset, he has good passing range on him. I'm a huge fan, the guy is a beast. Not so sure about Lucas either... but it may be worth a shot. I have nothing to say about the others. They really seem to be the best choices for those positions.

Does Paulinho not start anymore ?

I wouldnt want rambo to start for brazil....As much as I like rambo, he can't pass...

I would prefer gustavo-paulinho-oscar

with rambo/ hernandes first off the bench...

brazil is stacked in the cm and cb position.

I wouldnt want rambo to start for brazil....As much as I like rambo, he can't pass...

I would prefer gustavo-paulinho-oscar

with rambo/ hernandes first off the bench...

brazil is stacked in the cm and cb position.

I'm definitely seeing an improvement on his passes. Against City they were sublime (talking about Rambo).

robsblubot likes this

Well he played well last season and scored what was it 20 goals? Where was his call up to play at the Confederations Cup? He didn't get one despite you could say a good CF, or a different sort of CF to Fred, being the Brazilian national teams weakpoint. Obviously he has to wait to gain Spanish citizenship so perhaps he couldn't have played for them or perhaps he could have but still by picking Spain he obviously feels he is valued more and wanted more doesn't he? Why else would he pick to play for them?

then why didn't Spain try to get him for the same CC as they also played it? He's been living there for years and as far as I know he has the spanish passport for a while too, or you think he got it last month? and even if he did get it after CC, he could have tried to get it earlier if they were so interested.

kellzfresh and Rmpr like this

Come on guys, you still have more than enough good players even without Costa.

If you think losing out on this guy is bad, just take a moment to think about the situation here up north. Everyone was pissed when Carl fucking Jenkinson chose to represent England rather than Finland. Yes, that's how bad our other full-backs are. :P

then why didn't Spain try to get him for the same CC as they also played it? He's been living there for years and as far as I know he has the spanish passport for a while too, or you think he got it last month? and even if he did get it after CC, he could have tried to get it earlier if they were so interested.

If Spain included him in there Confederations cup squad there is a chance they would have to wait for international clearance like they are now. They wanted to use him in the last international break but FIFA hadn't cleared him to do so yet.

If Spain included him in there Confederations cup squad there is a chance they would have to wait for international clearance like they are now. They wanted to use him in the last international break but FIFA hadn't cleared him to do so yet.

they could have tried it months before CC. Didn't you just backup your argument saying he scored 20 goals last season? So they have a guy scoring 20 goals a season for them, in their soil, and they overlook him and you tell me they can do it and Felipão can't? Sorry man, but this has double standards written all over. They could have gone to FIFA 2-3 months before CC and get the clearance in time for him to play. They didn't because they weren't interest, even if he was shining for all their people to see.

I don't mind you agree with him and Spain, but the argument you give to defend it, it's weird imo, as you're saying Brazil is wrong for having overlooked him for CC, but you don't say the same about Spain, when Spain was much closer to him than we are, as he plays there...

Rmpr likes this

I'm definitely seeing an improvement on his passes. Against City they were sublime (talking about Rambo).

besides Rambo seems to have no problems passing to the back of the net... :P

On Diego Costa, I have no problem with his choice and don't really understand why it's anyone's business - certainly not Scolari's.

Whether Spain will or not get them, that's a different discussion and not really important to me; don't support spain and don't think Diego is good enough to tip the balance one way or another.

BTW, it's not an age of striker abundance in Brazil atm. Last real special one was Ronaldo before getting fat and retiring. Fred and Jo are so common to me.

Dion likes this

Come on guys, you still have more than enough good players even without Costa.

If you think losing out on this guy is bad, just take a moment to think about the situation here up north. Everyone was pissed when Carl fucking Jenkinson chose to represent England rather than Finland. Yes, that's how bad our other full-backs are. :P

Lol

Who advises him, choosing to leave brazil for spain when the next world cup is in brazil is such a stupid decision :doh:

I really don't want chelsea to get him anymore. The last thing I want to see is him having a problem with luiz, oscar and ramires for not being patriotic. It could ruin our dressing room spirit.

thats like one pass.....

thats like one pass.....

No. I'm not talking about his pass that should have been an assist, his passes were very sharp in general.