test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spike

Closed Diego Costa

Started by Spike,

3,705 posts in this topic

Flavour of the month.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/diego-costa-chelsea-transfer-target-2480742

Jose Mourinho wants Chelsea to buy a big-name striker in January - with Atletico Madrid’s Diego Costa on his wish-list.

Manager Mourinho believes the Blues need to add a new forward in the winter transfer window to strengthen their title challenge.

The Norwegian One likes this

The Guardian are reporting the same.

It's unfair to call him flavour of the month given how well he played out wide last season supporting Falcao.

He's the complete striker, strong, two footed, lighting quick..

What a progress he made, and this season he realy shows he's top class. Got to be Brazil's no.9 in WC or at least compete with Fred.

Thought he's decided to play for Spain now?

Have my doubts whether his robust style would actually suit the playing style that we are (supposedly) trying to implement here. And let's not forget that he may be shining now for Atletico Madrid because they are playing a style that suits him (and his team) and the fact that they also play with 2 strikers, which could have been beneficial to him.

Fuck Diego Costa!

Scolari isn't keen on him, right?

So if his own national team doesn't want him, where is he at fault if he wants to play for a side that could actually use his talent?

In my opinion, he should stay in Spain. We have Torres, Eto'o, and Ba who are all looking to be somewhat back to form under Mourinho. We also have Lukaku if we decide to recall as well.

A DM should be our main and only priority. Then we can worry about offloading.

Scolari isn't keen on him, right?

So if his own national team doesn't want him, where is he at fault if he wants to play for a side that could actually use his talent?

In my opinion, he should stay in Spain. We have Torres, Eto'o, and Ba who are all looking to be somewhat back to form under Mourinho. We also have Lukaku if we decide to recall as well.

A DM should be our main and only priority. Then we can worry about offloading.

Actually, Brazil is desperately in need of a striker. We have Fred, but he is in his last days and too injury prone, so a quality back-up is very important. And Diego Costa can be exactly what we need.

However, I find it very disrespectful the way he is treating his own country, it is very unpatriotic and not deserving of playing a World Cup inside Brazil!

I bet Scolari shares the same feelings I do. So, he will be divided by what is right to what is fair. But I will trust his final judgement, whatever it may be.

Now, none of that actually matters to Chelsea...

What matters is that Diego Costa wont add anything game changer to our attacking. He will be an expensive unnecessary player, especially because we already have 3 strikers in our squad!

I also agree 100% when you say we need to spend on someone to play in the pivot and not someone like Diego Costa...

EDIT: I have said all of this but I dont deny he is a very good player who can score goals. That is unquestionable!

Moustradamus likes this

Atletico always have a top striker. When Costa leaves, they will get someone else and he'll do just as well.

I'm jealous :tiphat:

Probably it will be Leo Baptistao :)

Sheva. likes this

You do realize football is a squad game these days, right?

yes but we play with a single striker and still have Torres with 2 more years left on his contract...

http://www.eatsleepsport.com/chelsea/blues-linked-with-atletico-swap-1653785.html

Not sure how reliable the above story is, but to sacrifice Courtois & Torres for a flash in the pan, is not my way of thinking.

Why are ppl even linking news like this? We all know that won't happen. We have an intelligent manager who would never do something like that.........

We all know that Diego Costa is not a solution to our problems. I respect him as a player, but he's simply not good enough to lead our attack. We should be looking for players like Lewandowski, Falcao, Cavani etc etc...

AswinR likes this

What happened to Jackson Martinez? Diego Costa is gonna be another expensive flop as far as i can tell.

Can't tell the same about Martinez. But then again any striker is a risky buy at Chelsea.

So its better to channel the cash into a CM/CDM rather than a striker at January. Khedira maybe. Its not like we can buy 32m striker and still get a 30m CM.