test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SeB

What will José Mourinho's Chelsea look like?

Started by SeB,

24 posts in this topic

Seb, do you get paid for this? Either that or you have some sort of extreme typing fetish, hence the "stiff" competition by hyperdeath as kellzfresh described.

kellzfresh likes this

Bloody brilliant once again Seb. I have a few doubts, I'll come back home and get back to you on that.

hjperdeath gave him some stiff competition for sure

Haha no way in hell. I write pieces like this for local clubs, I can no way find the patience, or at this phase of my life, the time to write something like this on Chelsea .

SeB and kellzfresh like this

Bloody brilliant once again Seb. I have a few doubts, I'll come back home and get back to you on that.

Haha no way in hell. I write pieces like this for local clubs, I can no way find the patience, or at this phase of my life, the time to write something like this on Chelsea .

True, Seb must have taken days to get this finished. I havent finished reading it yet but i gave him a like for that crazy effort :fainthv9:

SeB likes this

Great article SEB!

It will be interesting to look at the propensity of different players to blend into the system and lead roles while the big games leave however the issue of what role to give to individuals in relation to the need to maintain a form of collective balance. Will Eden Hazard, Juan Mata and Samuel Eto'o to Chelsea be able to make differencies at key moments with new responsibilities ? Will they even combine impact of the game and ability to convert the momentum of their team in goals and wins ?

This truly the question at hand and one of the core components of form-issues (e.g.. Hazard). When truly evolving or learning a performance curve always drops before it rises again. I hope we can have the patience to see it rise to new heights, really!

Again: great article.

SeB likes this

Thanks for the feedback guys

On what aspects ? Sounds a bit pompous but it's quite simple actually: either you block the flanks to oppose your midfielders to press (usually what's done in 433 formations) or you pack the middle and force the opponent onto the sides of the field (4321 and narrow 4231 shapes).

Maybe it is my english but it is really hard to read.

Thanks for the feedback guys

On what aspects ? Sounds a bit pompous but it's quite simple actually: either you block the flanks to oppose your midfielders to press (usually what's done in 433 formations) or you pack the middle and force the opponent onto the sides of the field (4321 and narrow 4231 shapes).

Oh that way, took it in a different way. Thanks .

Once again , brilliant !

SeB likes this

Maybe it is my english but it is really hard to read.

Simple language isn't used. There are terms used, which was even made me read it once or twice. You'll get used to it eventually.

Great article SeB, took a while to read but you know... great in depth analysis as usual! How long did this take you btw? Must of been a while....

Simple language isn't used. There are terms used, which was even made me read it once or twice. You'll get used to it eventually.

To be honest it feels like it comes from Google translate.

Amazing piece.

Every time i see post's from Seb, The Skipper, Peace, hjperdeath amoungst others i get even more wound up about the journalist's and "experts" that grace the paper's/TV in England. I have seen a few of the lifesapitch videos where the journalist's get together and it's almost cringe-worthy not just what they are saying but that they are getting paid to say it. It actually makes me feel sick.

Sorry for the rant back on topic, top writing, the only criticism i have is that you don't post more often :)

SeB, CHOULO19 and ╫rue Blue like this

It feels like I took a 30h weekly course on football tactics except that in one hour (how long it took me to read the whole thing without stopping once, except to use the dictionary).

Brilliant analysis and I wish it was made some sort of passport to talk about Mourinho here. First read this piece and then complain or praise what Mourinho is doing. Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant.

what I love about the French guys here is that I learn so much from them (although not only from them)!!! It does help girls to understand the sport better ;)

SeB likes this

Brilliant, just brilliant. Uncovering how the defensive setup forces the attackers to go wide and then press them into mistakes for the pivot to intercept was genius.

Fantastic article :worship::worship::worship:

SeB likes this

tumblr_lq3tajOIwv1qcx9em.gif

Great article. One of the best i've read so far in the forum, even though it took about an hour and half to finish.

All new perspective on team analysis for me. Top notch stuff. :clap:

SeB likes this

:clap: for the who article, but this point in particular which has distorted the views of many people. It is particularly evident in the case of Mata who was practically exempted from defensive duties even under Benitez.

It should also be borne in mind that the absence of instructions defensive has certainly had the effect of distorting lens when analyzing the performance of Juan Mata and Eden Hazard in the past,

This as well is an excellent point:

Interrogation elements however remain about the relative value of players away from their optimal form ( Hazard, Mata, Eto'o ) which must then make sure to optimize their running to the benefit of the group before being able to make differences with the ball.

But about the recovery system, since we are forcing opponents to the bi-line (something I've noticed as well), then why play Iva over Azpi despite his lack of tendency to stop crosses. In every single game this season there has been at least on one occasion, Iva's inability to stop a cross has resulted in a chance (Benteke's goal, Salah's goal..etc).

Another thing I wanted to ask you about is what you think Jose asked the pivot to do differently in the past couple of games. He's obviously opted for Mikel over Frank, possibly for his defensive abilities or Ramires' inability to play the deeper holding role as well as Mikel does as evident by the Manu and especially the Bayern game. But you could see, especially from the Fulham game that Mikel has been give a different role than his usual holding role because he was sometimes making runs after passing the ball and providing numerical advantage. He isn't playing exactly like Ramires because Mikel was still the one who picked the ball up from the back four and combined with the fullbacks much more often, but it was somewhere between the original double pivot with completely same roles and interchangeable positions and the holding-box to box pivot we've played in the past.