test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BlueLion.

MOTM

Started by BlueLion.,

Should we change the format of the MOTM poll?   43 members have voted

1. 1. Choose an option

• No - keep it how it is.
    • No - keep it how it is; BUT change it so the winners from the last two/three months cannot be nominated.
    • Yes - have two polls; one award for "general" MOTM, and one for "football" MOTM.
    • Yes - change it so the staff choose five people, and then the forum can vote from that shortlist.
    • Yes - other reason (please explain in a post).

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

185 posts in this topic

now that I disagree. Almost every thread don't have those problems. It's a few of them - at least among the ones I read on a daily basis (my fave players' threads, Mourinho thread, matches threads, international and english football threads).

also your last line is the whole point of the discussion. Discussing topics is the purpose of forums in general. It's becoming less and less about discussing football and more and more about personal attacks and else.

When I say almost every thread I don't mean all of them at the same time :). The discussions move on from topic to topic, at the end you'll have a hard time finding topics where there hasn't been a discussion (of the bad kind) recently. It happens in pre-during-post match threads, player threads, Mou thread, etc... I think some of the only threads that are safe are those of ex- and youthplayers (unless these players say something bad about our club, because that would causes some new storms) and serious articles (even those are not always safe).

Yes, it might've been a slight exagerration, but the point still stands :).

Barbara likes this

LOL, this has become ridiculous!

People are overreacting to their bones, especially those defending 'football' discussions/members/whatver...

It works both ways mate, you can go on about us exaggerating, you guys see this as not a problem, and those are the ones doing it.

Why not just scrap it? It's meaningless as an award and nothing more than a popularity contest.

As someone who hasn't been visiting much recently, then there's been one standout member who contributed content to this site in the last month that was genuinely interesting and worth logging on for. To me that makes them worthy of MOTM - if they're not winning it then what's the point?

It becomes a cliquey exercise in rewarding quantity over quality - nothing intrinsically wrong in that if you're a teenager looking for validation but rather pointless otherwise.

SinineUltra and Barbara like this

It works both ways mate, you can go on about us exaggerating, you guys see this as not a problem, and those are the ones doing it.

I am doing what? I very rarely post GIFs or jokes outside the General Threads...

To be quite honest, some of those complaining (you, zolayes, etc) post more 'funny' stuff in innapropriate places than I do!

I just find stupid and immature to think your opinion is more valid than the majority in here. It is a loser reaction. ;)

I am doing what? I very rarely post GIFs or jokes outside the General Threads...

To be quite honest, some of those complaining (you, zolayes, etc) post more 'funny' stuff in innapropriate places than I do!

I just find stupid and immature to think your opinion is more valid than the majority in here. It is a loser reaction. ;)

And where do i say that? my post got 7 likes, so a large part of people do agree with my post on the matter. I never demanded changed I just complained with the way the system is. 90 percent of your posts aren't on football, you're just one of the friendly sorts on here that get a lot of votes, nothing wrong with that but your votes are taking an undeserved place in the system. There are far better posters than you on the forum, however you post a lot but in the off topic sections and that's what is the problem when it comes to votes.

Because people in your category are getting all these votes out of nothing. It's time that people who deserve it actually get nominated nevermind bloody voted.

And where do i say that? my post got 7 likes, so a large part of people do agree with my post on the matter. I never demanded changed I just complained with the way the system is. 90 percent of your posts aren't on football, you're just one of the friendly sorts on here that get a lot of votes, nothing wrong with that but your votes are taking an undeserved place in the system. There are far better posters than you on the forum, however you post a lot but in the off topic sections and that's what is the problem when it comes to votes.

Not true, when I was gettig voted, I was clearly one of the best posters in the forum. I had a voice in every thread and I embraced many intelligent debates more than anyone at that time.

As you say, 90% of my current posts are outside the football forums nowadays. Hence I never get nominated anymore.

Because people in your category are getting all these votes out of nothing. It's time that people who deserve it actually get nominated nevermind bloody voted.

That is just your point of view, which is clearly not what the majority thinks, hence we always win the award!

You and 7 more (according to you) believe those winning are not worth it. Sorry, but no one will fucking care, because there are many more who think otherwise. And since this is a democracy, what the bigger percentage of the active members think will have the final decision, whether you like it or not...

Not true, when I was gettig voted, I was clearly one of the best posters in the forum. I had a voice in every thread and I embraced many intelligent debates more than anyone at that time.

As you say, 90% of my current posts are outside the football forums nowadays. Hence I never get nominated anymore.

That is just your point of view, which is clearly not what the majority thinks, hence we always win the award!

You and 7 more (according to you) believe those winning are not worth it. Sorry, but no one will fucking care, because there are many more who think otherwise. And since this is a democracy, what the bigger percentage of the active members think will have the final decision, whether you like it or not...

Well I'm the reason why this thread got made so your point right there is invalid, so chill with the getting angry because I really don't give a fuck about how angry your going to get.

And sorry but you've never been one of the best, one of the most popular yes but not one of the best.

So you basically want the people you like to win MOTM and place the people you don't like in a category that is eligible to win it even though most members don't agree with your judgement. The only way we can meet your 'demands' is that if we make a format where you simply unilaterally assign the winner of the MOTM every month.

Shall I add that to the poll?!

Rmpr likes this

So you basically want the people you like to win MOTM and place the people you don't like in a category that is eligible to win it even though most members don't agree with your judgement. The only way we can meet your 'demands' is that if we make a format where you simply unilaterally assign the winner of the MOTM every month.

Shall I add that to the poll?!

Oh yeah, I think i forgot to add that part of it in, or did I say that in your imagination?

Well just bear with me here but no matter how much you hate me expressing it in that way just doesn't do you any favors, because all your doing is lying.

I've already said what needs to be said I'm not repeating myself for the 50th time.

Oh yeah, I think i forgot to add that part of it in, or did I say that in your imagination?

Well just bear with me here but no matter how much you hate me expressing it in that way just doesn't do you any favors, because all your doing is lying.

I've already said what needs to be said I'm not repeating myself for the 50th time.

You were naming people who do not deserve to win MOTM and making a "category", as you put it, of people who are stealing the award from the people who deserve to win it. You're assuming that just because you think someone deserves or does not deserve to win the award then that is a fact or at least objectively acceptable by everyone else. I'm sorry, but that is arrogant beyond belief!

Rmpr likes this

Hmm. I think that the "like" feature has exacerbated many of the problems that are being discussed right now. With regards to the gif-posting too, on many occasions, they seem to be posted to get more likes (I'm not accusing anyone in particular, just generally). It can also lead to competition, jealousy, etc.

Anyone think maybe we should remove the feature for a month or so and see if things get better?

You were naming people who do not deserve to win MOTM and making a "category", as you put it, of people who are stealing the award from the people who deserve to win it. You're assuming that just because you think someone deserves or does not deserve to win the award then that is a fact or at least objectively acceptable by everyone else. I'm sorry, but that is arrogant beyond belief!

People who get nominated just for posting gifs and jokes rather than someone who is posting a strong argument on football is wrong in my opinion, I think it should be changed, because people aren't getting the respect they deserve. I'm fighting for them, if that's arrogant then what is even the point in your argument?

zolayes and Melanicus like this

Hmm. I think that the "like" feature has exacerbated many of the problems that are being discussed right now. With regards to the gif-posting too, on many occasions, they seem to be posted to get more likes (I'm not accusing anyone in particular, just generally). It can also lead to competition, jealousy, etc.

Anyone think maybe we should remove the feature for a month or so and see if things get better?

That's an interesting point. I think the point behind "likes" or rep points is that they are kind of like "retweets" on twitter. One posts who represents the opinions of many people gets voted up instead of having people repeat the same opinion over and over again. But then again, many, if not most, forums don't have that feature and are doing just fine. So it's definitely an interesting idea.

People who get nominated just for posting gifs and jokes rather than someone who is posting a strong argument on football is wrong in my opinion, I think it should be changed, because people aren't getting the respect they deserve. I'm fighting for them, if that's arrogant then what is even the point in your argument?

The problem is, usually what is "wrong" and who "deserves respect" is defined not by one man, but by the majority of the public. This is true not just for forum but for society as whole. The theory of people who only post GIFs and jokes winning it fails when you look at the names of the winners: http://forum.talkchelsea.net/topic/10101-member-of-the-month/

Tell me who there falls into that category? Skipper? Strike? Stingray posts a lot of GIFs, but go back to June when he won it and you can see that he was one of the most active members, especially in the players threads where he was constantly making debates and discussions. WHS? I've never seen him post a GIF. TOPTB certainly didn't win it for posting jokes. Same for Skipper (again) and Peace.

Those are the winners of the last 7 MOTM awards. They just don't back your theory and I struggle to think why any one of them would not deserve the award.

Rmpr, Stingray and Strike like this