test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BlueLion.

MOTM

Started by BlueLion.,

Should we change the format of the MOTM poll?   43 members have voted

1. 1. Choose an option

• No - keep it how it is.
    • No - keep it how it is; BUT change it so the winners from the last two/three months cannot be nominated.
    • Yes - have two polls; one award for "general" MOTM, and one for "football" MOTM.
    • Yes - change it so the staff choose five people, and then the forum can vote from that shortlist.
    • Yes - other reason (please explain in a post).

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

185 posts in this topic

I've won it before, back when the competition was higher ;), so there's nothing to be bitter about.

Skipper & Strike are quality members, but in order to be considered you need to have an uber active month, which means 'putting yourself about'. Whilst the likes of Peace (for example) give us condensed gems every now and then, yet.. when it comes down to the voting, are forgotten about. Timing is also a factor, only the last 2 weeks of the month are considered by most casual members.

Bushman (of all people) was nominated a month or so ago, on that basis alone the entire thing should be scrapped.

Peace gets some nominations almost every single month. He is probably one of the members to make it onto the poll the most times. He's one it twice: once before he 'left' for a few months and another after he returned. Only one of 5 members who managed to win it twice. Another member who has won it twice is SeB who has a very low post rate in comparison to other 'regulars'.

The theory of "quantity over quality" fails when you look at the list of members who have won MOTM since it was made. And so does the theory about members who only post in the pub or funny memes. Not that there is anything wrong with either if that is what the community chooses.

Rmpr, Stingray, The Skipper and 1 other like this

No. The quality of posts (and even the atmosphere on this site) was much better when people like Kostas, LDN etc. posted frequently (or at all) back in the days...

First, it was a joke.

Second, that is what you think. It doesnt make it a fact. Again people confusing their own opinions with facts!

Third, this bullshit of 'back then' it was so much better (not only regarding you nor the forum) gets on my nerves.

Stingray and didierforever like this

Had to be sure. :Goober:

Fuck you :Goober:

First, it was a joke!

Second, that is what you think. It doesnt make it a fact. Again people confusing their own opinions with facts!

I didn't say that it's a fact. It was my opinion, though, I believe that's what most people think who have been active on here for more than 1 year.

Fuck you :Goober:

I didn't say that it's a fact. It was my opinion, though, I believe that's what most people think who have been active on here for more than 1 year.

I do think it is interesting ....why are people that are on here for longer than 1 year so absent in what happens now? Do they no longer care?

Rmpr likes this

I've won it before, back when the competition was higher ;), so there's nothing to be bitter about.

Skipper & Strike are quality members, but in order to be considered you need to have an uber active month, which means 'putting yourself about'. Whilst the likes of Peace (for example) give us condensed gems every now and then, yet.. when it comes down to the voting, are forgotten about. Timing is also a factor, only the last 2 weeks of the month are considered by most casual members.

Bushman (of all people) was nominated a month or so ago, on that basis alone the entire thing should be scrapped.

What she said ^ !!! :-)

Stingray likes this

Than you cant come and say 'it was [higher] though'. Because it was only better for people like you and Terminator X. It doesnt mean it was really better, it is just your own opinions!

Sorry if I am rude, but people just like to moan because new members rule the party nowadays...

If this is a serious question then let me oblige...

I myself am less active because it feels like this forum has had an influx of those stupid moving pictures. I read about two posts per page that are worth reading in most threads ai visit. When I first joined here I could be sitting at my laptop reading a page of quality football banter between the likes of Peace, LDN Blue, Cappri, Seb and others for a good 40 minutes. I'm not sure if it's because I'm less active but don't even get to read many of TorontoChelsea's posts that I found very interesting due to the fact I just can't be fucked to flick through all the repetative moving picture posts.

Guess I am that of the Oldskool mould and just don't feel this new wave style that alot of people here seem to have adopted.

It was a very serious question DDA, mate. I love the serious debate as well ..... You must know that considering you explicitly said I deserved the last motm, remember?

I do get a bit worried, though. Most of he gifs stay in the pub area. But hey ... If people want hem out, i will be the first to quit!

But then let us have a poll on it?

Ps: you say the repetitive moving posts, but my god there has been repetitive bad quality serial writing on here a well. Maybe that just comes with numbers, mate?

I don't care who "rules the party" now. The only reason I'm active (and always was) on TC is the simple fact that I want to keep myself informed about Chelsea (and about a few other topics to some extent).

Barbara, Melanicus, DDA and 1 other like this

It was a very serious question DDA, mate. I love the serious debate as well ..... You must know that considering you explicitly said I deserved the last motm, remember?

I do get a bit worried, though. Most of he gifs stay in the pub area. But hey ... If people want hem out, i will be the first to quit!

But then let us have a poll on it?

In all honesty I can't remember who I voted for in the past. I have been voting BluesChick for as long as I can rememver but do recall you having excellent months where I felt if the award had gone to you then I would have deemed it justified. I never have taken this award very seriously due to facts that Term-X stated especially when WHS won it, even if he is the slickest member on TC!

If this is a serious question then let me oblige...

I myself am less active because it feels like this forum has had an influx of those stupid moving pictures. I read about two posts per page that are worth reading in most threads ai visit. When I first joined here I could be sitting at my laptop reading a page of quality football banter between the likes of Peace, LDN Blue, Cappri, Seb and others for a good 40 minutes. I'm not sure if it's because I'm less active but don't even get to read many of TorontoChelsea's posts that I found very interesting due to the fact I just can't be fucked to flick through all the repetative moving picture posts.

Guess I am that of the Oldskool mould and just don't feel this new wave style that alot of people here seem to have adopted.

Nah, it was objectively better.

The pub conglomerate changed the landscape of the forum.

Well ok. Take it back then. You can have it.

Let us see how you did it, maestros :-) i dare you Term, Kojo, DDA, Zola, Torontochelsea and everyone else. Let's switch roles. Take that initiative and let it rip.

I am glad I can learn. I will gladly refrain from posting and watch you guys.

I think a new award for best newbie should be introduced, I've got lots of good feedback since I joined would make my year to win that :)

I think a new award for best newbie should be introduced, I've got lots of good feedback since I joined would make my year to win that :)

there is one at the end of the year I think

this, everything, but especially the bold. Just like in high school - and I wonder how much that influenced on this award existing in the first place - it comes down to popularity. Guys like Peace. don't feel the need to be popular and consequently isn't the kind of profile that will make it to the poll or win it. It's been quantity over quality as you suggested in your previous post. The Skipper is a guy who has both things imo. But I guess their main point here is that not only contributions about football should be taken into consideration.

I think the staff should take it a little bit more seriously when many different people are complaining about how things are here right now and where they're heading and stop to think just for a little bit why is that. You're not the 1st, 2nd, 5th or maybe not even the 10th member I read complaining how things changed around here (in the last 3 weeks or so). Some quantified it saying the change happened about 1 or 1-1/2 year from now (I can't say because I'm here only for 3 months). More often than not those people complain about quality. I guess it's obvious what's happening and it seems it'll only get worse. But hey, at least it will be fun, right? The thing is I've never seen anyone saying the 'old days' here used to be boring or lacked fun. It's just a new trend that invaded it here and it seems like now it's supposed to be 'fun' (I can think of another word that would be more appropriate) more than it's supposed to be about Chelsea. It affected even the football discussions... I understand that the club became global in the last few years and that there are a lot of new football fans all around the world and it also has an influence, but I think it's the vision that is changing. At some point people won't bother to complain anymore and will leave. And then the least relevant thing - or among the less relevant things - might be football - which is a shame and also sad as this still is the best place to talk about Chelsea among the other CFC forums I know.

And then the people like you who complained based in the past - or me who complains based on what it is now without a reference of how it used to be, but enough to know things are weird - are labeled many things. but I've never exchanged a PM with you or with any of the guys I've seen complaining about the same thing (Amels just had the same complaint a few posts after yours). We aren't a secret club targeting a certain group. It's happening for everyone to see, but then we're moaners, the anti-fun committee, the pretentious or whatever else I've read around (can't remember), but it's odd to see a place named Talk Chelsea reinforcing some of things being reinforced here lately. But nobody stops to think that people from different ages, from different countries, who joined the forums on different times are all complaining about quality... It seems people just roll their eyes and think 'there come the moaners' (or whatever), but won't stop to think the moaners are growing and they might as well as leave at some point... Also people shouldn't confuse fun with silliness and childish behavior. Though those three things may be easy to be mixed, they are not the same. and I see more of the last two than the first here... But you make a complain about the environment here and 10 people come saying you're whatever they want to think you are and don't even stop to think if your complaint makes sense in the first place...

Also most people don't care about this poll. There are about 150 registered members (statistically speaking it's probably much more - just compare the amount of votes in the Man of the match) coming here every day and this poll has about 30 votes, sometimes 40 votes (like this month that was nearly 50 I guess). This is how much people care about an award that only exists in TC (at least I've never seen something similar in the many tennis, movies, literature, TV shows, Chelsea and football forums I've been part throughout the years).

And before a word is said about 'this kind of post' I'm not here supposing I own the truth or that I'm better than someone else or whatever... it's just that people seem to overlook the many complaints in different threads and boards that are slowly spreading throughout the forum. I can't say for someone else, but I'm not against fun - and even some mild silliness (I'm the queen of silly, it would be contradictory to say I hate silliness when I'm a silly person). But Talk Chelsea is changing and I wonder if there will be a breaking point where it'll be less to talk about Chelsea in a realistic and thoughtful way than it'll be about something else...

/rant

edit: only after I posted I realized this thread already had two pages. So many quality posts here by zolayes, DDA, Amels, Term X. So yeah, it seems a lot of us still want to talk Chelsea mostly here...

And one thing about the quantity... as I said The Skipper posts quite often and it isn't too much - sometimes I even want him to post more. (he isn't a babbler like me, although I really posted too much during my first month, getting used to the forum, getting to know people, etc... [it was a shameful amount of 1200 posts in one month and then 1100 split in the next two - and if things continue as they are, it'll be less and less]). So the quantity someone posts isn't a problem, it's what it's in those posts regardless if they're 70/day or 7/day. If TorontoChelsea, The Skipper, bir_c (I guess I misspelled it), Peace., DDA among others decide to post 100 posts a day I'll happily read them all. Sometimes I even re-read their posts and I've learned so much about football in those three months with you guys, for real.

Term-X and Amblève. like this