test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rubber bullets

Having a different opinion.

Started by Rubber bullets,

37 posts in this topic

Sadly you're right, i have got it at points in the last year or so (including a couple of times recently), sometimes to the extent where you would think i did something that was worthy of a ban.

Rubber bullets likes this

Just from the match thread alone you've called two people idiots. I haven't been hostile to you once even if I am the ones who disagree with you most, even go through it I haven't insulted.

But you do be controversial for the sake of it, it's always you who takes the side everyone disagrees with. And the Mourinho argument isn't convincing in the slightest and never has been. And you also never know when to stop with your arguments, you dash to a brand new argument or bring something else up quickly. You also miss the point entirely when you've been proven wrong just to start a new argument and sidetrack the old one, you did this exact thing today to me in the match thread when I made I quoted you for the 2nd time in the thread.

So this thread isn't convincing me when you're out there insulting people as well, at least have something to back yourself up with. Because what you've said to people could class as a 5 point warning.

You've just basically proved my point ,someone who seemingly does not like someone else having different opinions and want to put it down. And don't try and act like some sort of angel. You have shown plenty of times aggressive behavior and a need to throw insults yourselves, which leads to the other acting aggressive as a response. This is getting quite sad.

You've just basically proved my point ,someone who seemingly does not like someone else having different opinions and want to put it down. And don't try and act like some sort of angel. You have shown plenty of times aggressive behavior and a need to throw insults yourselves, which leads to the other acting aggressive as a response. This is getting quite sad.

But you have constantly been arguing about it, enough is enough, we get it you don't like Mourinho but this is getting silly. When Rupert was banned it was clearly evident the forum don't take a liking to people arguing about the same things, so why don't you just stop? Not once have I insulted you and I'm not putting you down with sarcasm or anything I'M TELLING YOU that you need to have a limit. It's almost every thread we lose in you want to start another argument about Mourinho which goes on for 10 pages, and that's no lie because the match thread we are on now has went on for over that.

I've been offensive in the past, I've called peoples name in the past, but notice something? That was in the past. Since coming back from my ban I haven't insulted one member directly, I'm respecting opinions but not all opinions have to be respected. Because some go too far, if someone agreed with terrorism, do i have to respect that opinion? No I certainly don't, that's just a borderline example, that's not comparing so before you jump to another boat which always do I'm not saying any debates are close to people agreeing with terrorism, it's just an example.

But you have constantly been arguing about it, enough is enough, we get it you don't like Mourinho but this is getting silly. When Rupert was banned it was clearly evident the forum don't take a liking to people arguing about the same things, so why don't you just stop? Not once have I insulted you and I'm not putting you down with sarcasm or anything I'M TELLING YOU that you need to have a limit. It's almost every thread we lose in you want to start another argument about Mourinho which goes on for 10 pages, and that's no lie because the match thread we are on now has went on for over that.

I've been offensive in the past, I've called peoples name in the past, but notice something? That was in the past. Since coming back from my ban I haven't insulted one member directly, I'm respecting opinions but not all opinions have to be respected. Because some go too far, if someone agreed with terrorism, do i have to respect that opinion? No I certainly don't, that's just a borderline example, that's not comparing so before you jump to another boat which always do I'm not saying any debates are close to people agreeing with terrorism, it's just an example.

Most of the time when I make a post, you immediately criticize me for being "different" as some sort of way to try and belittle my opinions just because they are different. You problem is that you don't like anybody criticizing Mourinho and seem to follow what my original post was about members holding grudges against others.

That is the whole point about my concern. Anyone who believes in something that is different which therefore reflects on what they post, is to people like you something that should be silenced. You certainly don't have to agree with different opinions, you can certainly can explain why you don't agree. But there is many cases here where people don't want different opinions being displaced simply because someone has the audacity to say it. So much for 21st century enlightenment.

Not true.

Some criticised Mourinho's tactics/team selection/subs against United and basically got told their opinions were irrelevant.

But they're not against Mourinho.

The fans on this forum have always been like that, I've known that since I've been a member here and I signed for this forum 3 years ago.

Sam has just been starting controversy since Mourinho even joined, he called Michael Essien a cunt and a disgrace just because he had it in his head that Mourinho was going to play him every game. Anyone who says things like that isn't a real fan, that's just plain disgraceful. Sorry but if Rupert got banned then so should this guy.

Not true.

Some criticised Mourinho's tactics/team selection/subs against United and basically got told their opinions were irrelevant.

Some did criticise others blatantly attacked. Personally if I know it's not going to be a constructive debate, I just avoid it. I suggest everyone else do the same. I know it will never stop (the argueing, bickering, petty insults) because this is the internet, so I just ignore it and try to get by in my own way.

Stingray likes this

Having a different opinion is something, having a complete opposite opinion than the forum is another one.Some may understand exceptions here, other over-react because of it.

Kojo likes this

We should close this topic and open one to discuss the use of gifts and use of those stupid 9gag like pics. They are just killing the forum, and making a football forum look like a turned based rpg gaming forum full of nerds.

Guess that is for me then? I have more issues with serial cynics spewing negativism every chance they have.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, absolutely.

I'll keep my eye on things. People call others "idiots" for their opinions - instead they should break the argument down critically and offer a counter-opinion. It really isn't that hard.

After being bothered about this for a year and a half I feel its gotten to a point that I need to speak up about this, and I do this with the knowledge that some will accuse me of whining and self promoting my interests only.

But I do find that this forum is becoming increasingly and increasingly hostile to what one might see as minor opinions and those that differ to what might be seen as the consensus of this forum; and that members are displaying more and more behaviors of that to a religious cult in that many on here seem to think that only there opinion (that is seen as the norm) can be expressed and that anything else is unacceptable and needs to be shot down . In fact its quite disturbing that a number of people on this forum seem to have quite primitive and tribal like behaviors when they read someone's post that they do not agree with. Instead of saying in a civilized manner that they don't agree with the opinion, they seem to instantly want to result in personal attacks, low-brow sarcasm and attempts to push down the poster as being stupid for simply having a different opinion on a number of issues on this forum.

And while I feel its becoming a big problem here since the last year and half, it seems that since June its becoming more and more absurd as much more aggressive behavior is being displayed. Some members seem to hold personal grudges against others and continuously try and pick fights and start flame wars all because they disagree with a number of issues and feel that its there sense of duty to start another fight in some absurd attempt of trying to silence the other. Which then leads to the other themselves becoming aggressive which leads to even more tensions.

Its quite worrying as someone who has been in student politics discussions (which are often very polarized and can get quite aggressive themselves) which still retain a sense of respect and decency in their conduct. It does not reflect well on the modern Chelsea fan (or indeed the modern football supporter) as a intelligent and accepting 21st century person if they can't stand it that other Chelsea fans may not agree with (for example) the manager or what he decided. Or the performance of a player and whether he should be in the team or not. And while it may be natural that more people who support a football club may be drawn together on a consensus, I find it disheartening that anyone who thinks differently on this forum must be seen as some sort of enemy and need to be bashed just for the fact that heir opinion may differ.

I will leave it at that.

I didn't read what you wrote but yea this forum can be very hostile to people who have a different opinion. Just ask bushman and me.

btw do you support another club?

I didn't read what you wrote but yea this forum can be very hostile to people who have a different opinion. Just ask bushman and me.

btw do you support another club?

NishC, I do not have any problems with folks of different opinions. Certainly, I do have one with folks who constantly post derogatory remarks about Chelsea players, as seen recently.

NishC, I do not have any problems with folks of different opinions. Certainly, I do have one with folks who constantly post derogatory remarks about Chelsea players, as seen recently.

ik. I was mentioning the insult we received for our opinions on United in the English Football Thread.

ik. I was mentioning the insult we received for our opinions on United in the English Football Thread.

Somehow, not too long ago, I was punished for much less. A 10 bad points for a little banter, then.

As you might have seen here, some of us do think differently, post differently, but to read dribbles by.....not my cup of tea, sorry.