Willian

Jase

You can scratch mbappe from your list. 200m is the number for mbappe. 
They paid almost that for him before he even won the WC. Probably the most expensive player in the world right now.

Kante is the only bargaining chip we have, but we need to stop kidding ourselves. Set that bar much lower.

23 hours ago, Fernando said:

Tammy has not been good. 

Hopefully we spend big on a striker. 

Would love mbappe but that's hard to pull off. 

He is second top scorer in league. He has a few odd games where he does not perform. It happens. Overall he has been a big plus for us. 1 goal away from double figures already. I agree on buying another striker but to supplement Tammy at this moment of time. If Tammy goes on a barren run for the next 20 games or so then yeah but right now, harsh to say we need a new starting striker.

On 27/10/2019 at 2:18 AM, communicate said:

You can scratch mbappe from your list. 200m is the number for mbappe. 

Mbappe will not go for a pound under £250m, and would not be surprised in the least if he is sold for close to £300m (around 350m)

probably a good guess is 300-325m euros (around £260-280m atm)

he is, after all, only 20 years old still (turns 21 towards the end of December)

and will have the title of world's best player completely to himself in 2 to 3 years (as CR7 (around 37) and Messi  (around 35) will be far too old then, and even Neymar will be 30 (he turns 30 in the season after next)

I see no youth atm who is at Mbappe level, maybe Camavinga has similar (or a little less) potential, but he is a hybrid DMF/CMF and so far does not show massive scoring ability

by this time next year we will all know if anyone is going to step up

Mbappe has Messi/CR7 scoring levels ability, and at a far younger age than they did

he has scored 5 goals in the last 81 minutes he has played for PSG

I have never seen a player with his elite burst speed when he tirns it on, plus he has insane technical skills

I think we are mad as ass to not make a bid for him, pay whatever it takes

his revenue-making ability is OFF THE CHARTS

Lampard is a perfect manager for him

Roman certainly has the goddamn money (he has regain billions in the last 2 years due to some smart financial moves and the ruble gaining some back, at one point it took over 100 to equal the pound, now it is 20% or so stronger)

we will have around half a billion quid in the kitty if we sell off all the dead-weight (plus what we already have from other sales)

even if Mbappe cost £275m

that still leaves us over £200m MORE (possibly well over) left to spend before we would have to drop a dime (IF we have been smart that 500+ m quid could have been over £650-700m, as I have shown for ages) in net spending

we are the biggest club in what still is the most important (although Brexit is fucking us up, but that is a whole different subject) city in the world at certain levels

The only thing we really lack (and it is HUGE) is a new goddamn stadium (thanks Home Office you CUNTS!!)

toss Mbappe (who can play ANYWHERE up front), Chilwell, a top 5 or 6 CB (say Romagnoli or Konate or Skriniar or Giminez) and a WC DMF (Thomas Partey (insanely low £45m release clause now) is who I would go for, or roll the dice on Camavinga) into mix and then replace and add as needed over the next summer after the coming one (ie 2021) window

and we are top 6 in the world within a year or two

deffo CL and EPL challengers

9 hours ago, Simon1991 said:

There is ASBOLUTELY no way Mbappe is coming to Chelsea, get down to earth people...

Vesper you seem like a very nice person but often times you seem to think the transfer market is football manager, which it is not.

If he's got his heart set on Madrid/Barca then I agree it would be a waste of time even trying.

However if he sees England as a genuine option then we have to put our name in the hat and I think we would stand a better chance then people think.

9 hours ago, Simon1991 said:

There is ASBOLUTELY no way Mbappe is coming to Chelsea, get down to earth people...

Vesper you seem like a very nice person but often times you seem to think the transfer market is football manager, which it is not.

Money is what money is. Sell him on a comprehensive vision. I refuse to buy into the FM characterisation in general. The only thing we truly lack to be a MASSIVE magnet for top 10 players across the board (and a couple at or near the top) is the bloody stadium. Somehow that needs to be adressed and completed by the late 2020's. We would have been moving into a magnificent one if the Home Office had not fucked Roman due to Russia-US geopolitical tensions that were exploded in intensity due to the 2016 yank presidential elections.

Mbappe (I do not want to solely focus on him but he is the biggest fish out there) already has a history of wanting to play for us. We stupidly failed to sign the lad years ago.

Look at PSG. They are in a shit league, had basically zero history of true impact, and now, simply due to cash infusions, are a top destination club in the world. Same for SHITTY. They are in bloody MANCHESTER ffs.

I am NOT saying we need to spend PSG/Shitty money at all. We already have a huge pile of cash built up, and more to come as long as we sell smart (granted a huge issue as we already have shit away well over £200m (could be as high as 300m) in lost potential sale revenue and stupid buys.

I bloody well damn refuse to get into a 'little club' mentality versus those 2 Spanish cunt teams. Barca and Madrid as cities are shit in terms of global impact and culture versus London. We are already the biggest club in the city. We need to build off that.

Mbappe is not a make or break proposition, I will be well damned if I launch into football from a stance of a priori capitulation for the club I love with all my little blue heart.

Stop thinking big and invariably you start to become small.

I don't do small. I don't ever settle. I always make the maximum effort when I have a goal. Even if I do not achieve it, I have the satisfaction if knowing I gave my best.

Why should Chelsea FC be any different? In it to win it or GTFO.

PS

GET THE STADIUM SORTED ROMAN OR SELL THE DAMN TEAM.

Tempus fugitD3ZojGJ.gif

3 hours ago, Vesper said:

Money is what money is. Sell him on a comprehensive vision. I refuse to buy into the FM characterisation in general. The only thing we truly lack to be a MASSIVE magnet for top 10 players across the board (and a couple at or near the top) is the bloody stadium. Somehow that needs to be adressed and completed by the late 2020's. We would have been moving into a magnificent one if the Home Office had not fucked Roman due to Russia-US geopolitical tensions that were exploded in intensity due to the 2016 yank presidential elections.

Mbappe (I do not want to solely focus on him but he is the biggest fish out there) already has a history of wanting to play for us. We stupidly failed to sign the lad years ago.

Look at PSG. They are in a shit league, had basically zero history of true impact, and now, simply due to cash infusions, are a top destination club in the world. Same for SHITTY. They are in bloody MANCHESTER ffs.

I am NOT saying we need to spend PSG/Shitty money at all. We already have a huge pile of cash built up, and more to come as long as we sell smart (granted a huge issue as we already have shit away well over £200m (could be as high as 300m) in lost potential sale revenue and stupid buys.

I bloody well damn refuse to get into a 'little club' mentality versus those 2 Spanish cunt teams. Barca and Madrid as cities are shit in terms of global impact and culture versus London. We are already the biggest club in the city. We need to build off that.

Mbappe is not a make or break proposition, I will be well damned if I launch into football from a stance of a priori capitulation for the club I love with all my little blue heart.

Stop thinking big and invariably you start to become small.

I don't do small. I don't ever settle. I always make the maximum effort when I have a goal. Even if I do not achieve it, I have the satisfaction if knowing I gave my best.

Why should Chelsea FC be any different? In it to win it or GTFO.

PS

GET THE STADIUM SORTED ROMAN OR SELL THE DAMN TEAM.

Tempus fugitD3ZojGJ.gif

You are somewhat right.  If we would just throw enough money at it, we probably could eventually land a player like Mbappe the City/psg way. We would need a richer owner first tho. (we gave the cash already but the deal would never be sanctioned by Roman) ..but do we really still wanna be a buy-it-all club? Chelsea is not a retort club like those two but one with massive tradition. The path of growing from within we have recently chosen is the right one IMO. Mega deals unhinge the wage structure and foster egos.i think you hit the nail on the head with expanding the brand tho. We are the best club in the global capital,  the most influential city in the world (London is top of all corresponding rankings like the global city ranking, GaWC, the city power index etc). We should leverage that way more. It is kinda hard because there are so many clubs from here but if owner/board were as visionary and ambitios as you then we would be much further. 

18 hours ago, Simon1991 said:

Isn't Drogba one of his favorite players? There's a chance as long as we pay up enough money. He will run down his actual contract anyways, no way he extends to be stuck at PSG during his prime years.

6 hours ago, Nicco said:

Isn't Drogba one of his favorite players? There's a chance as long as we pay up enough money. He will run down his actual contract anyways, no way he extends to be stuck at PSG during his prime years.

I am sure the same was said of Nicolas Pepe and many other players from the French league but in the end it means fuck all. 

Lets be real. The only step up Mbappe can realistically make from PSG and in his career where he is a WC winner at aged 20,  who cost 180m euros, is probably Barca or Real. Or Juventus maybe. Or Bayern on the slimest. 

I keep seeing people say on here and also twitter, Roman should spend 500 or 600m with the transfer ban and Morata/Hazard sales but lets be honest, this isnt FIFA and the days of clubs spending 500m will never happen due to FFP.  I doubt in the next 5 years we will ever spend 100m on 1 single player yet alone over 250-300m which would be Mbappes minimum price at least.

2 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

I am sure the same was said of Nicolas Pepe and many other players from the French league but in the end it means fuck all. 

Lets be real. The only step up Mbappe can realistically make from PSG and in his career where he is a WC winner at aged 20,  who cost 180m euros, is probably Barca or Real. Or Juventus maybe. Or Bayern on the slimest. 

I keep seeing people say on here and also twitter, Roman should spend 500 or 600m with the transfer ban and Morata/Hazard sales but lets be honest, this isnt FIFA and the days of clubs spending 500m will never happen due to FFP. 

Bayern won't afford him.

I said on another thread (maybe this one) that if he has his heart set on Real then that's that but if he see's England as a genuine option I think we have as much a chance as any (English club).

On 31/10/2019 at 2:02 AM, OneMoSalah said:

I keep seeing people say on here and also twitter, Roman should spend 500 or 600m with the transfer ban and Morata/Hazard sales but lets be honest, this isnt FIFA and the days of clubs spending 500m will never happen due to FFP.  I doubt in the next 5 years we will ever spend 100m on 1 single player yet alone over 250-300m which would be Mbappes minimum price at least.

The £500M kitty is/will be banked money from so many sales and no real buys. It is FFP neutral. I have posted very detailed lists of where it all comes from.

21 hours ago, Vesper said:

The £500M kitty is/will be banked money from so many sales and no real buys. It is FFP neutral. I have posted very detailed lists of where it all comes from.

Doesnt mean it will happen still FFP neutral or not.

I think expecting us to spend even 300m in the one window is going pretty much into fantasy land. The money may be there as you explained but I severely doubt we will spend all that.

Plus 500m is how many new players realistically if its spent wisely? We only need maybe 4 or 5 players in the summer if Frank is going to continue with using our youngsters so I cannot realisitcally see us spending half a billion in one window, I dont think anyone can, thats more the point.

Just seems like something people dont seem to get, which is why I referred to the real life running of a football club being nothing like FIFA career mode....

9 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Doesnt mean it will happen still FFP neutral or not.

I think expecting us to spend even 300m in the one window is going pretty much into fantasy land. The money may be there as you explained but I severely doubt we will spend all that.

Plus 500m is how many new players realistically if its spent wisely? We only need maybe 4 or 5 players in the summer if Frank is going to continue with using our youngsters so I cannot realisitcally see us spending half a billion in one window, I dont think anyone can, thats more the point.

Just seems like something people dont seem to get, which is why I referred to the real life running of a football club being nothing like FIFA career mode....

I think £300m is well in the realms of possibility. We spent £200m (summer 2017) before inflation shot up to what it is now.

I think Marina will be more willing to back Lampard's wishes compared to previous managers because Frank's more likely to communicate and compromise (ie give me the top player in this position and I'll fill the gap in the other with a youngster compared to Antonio "I want all my first choice targets or I'm going to make life here untenable" Conte who I imagine went in with a sledgehammer and said my way or the highway).

Time will tell but I wouldn't be surprised one iota to see us spend £300m next summer.