Willian

Jase

11 hours ago, 1905didierblue said:

Every manager has chosen willian as their right winger. So either they are all frauds, or a lot of fans here don't understand the game as well as they think they do. 

I know what I think is right.

Did they? Conte and Sarri both picked Pedro when it was a set choice out of either (apart from that brief period in 2018 when Willy's form shot up to Hazard territory).

Edit: @NikkiCFC has already covered this.

57 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Did they? Conte and Sarri both picked Pedro when it was a set choice out of either (apart from that brief period in 2018 when Willy's form shot up to Hazard territory).

Edit: @NikkiCFC has already covered this.

Willian played more minutes in 2018/19 and 17/18. 

I always remember as it being quite close between them but the scales tipping more towards willian than Pedro. And those minutes confirm that

2 hours ago, 1905didierblue said:

I always remember as it being quite close between them but the scales tipping more towards willian than Pedro. And those minutes confirm that

17/18 was probably more down towards Willian having those two months of undroppable form and then being more suited to playing in the 352 Conte implemented compared to Pedro.

Last season I'm not sure how he got more minutes because it seemed whenever it was a straight choice between one or the other for the right wing (ie when one wasn't injured or we weren't playing false 9) Pedro seemed to get the nod more often than Willy, case in point Europa final.

On 03/10/2019 at 7:23 AM, NikkiCFC said:

Stats in the PL :

Willian 204 games 29 goals 

Pedro 129 games 28 goals 

So in the last couple of seasons Pedro was our best right winger. And before Kalou gave us much more than Willian overall. But that's not a point. We needed to upgrade on both Willian and Pedro for about 3 years now. 

Pedro plays in the centre of the attack more often, whereas Willian is clearly unsuitable for that role (that's why he 's a corner taker).
It's absurd to pick on Willian, we should transfer list 5-6 players before we get to Willian.

3 hours ago, 1905didierblue said:

2 hours ago, Tomo said:

17/18 was probably more down towards Willian having those two months of undroppable form and then being more suited to playing in the 352 Conte implemented compared to Pedro.

Last season I'm not sure how he got more minutes because it seemed whenever it was a straight choice between one or the other for the right wing (ie when one wasn't injured or we weren't playing false 9) Pedro seemed to get the nod more often than Willy, case in point Europa final.

Willian has indeed started more games and played more minutes than Pedro in the last 4 seasons but think injuries/suspensions have to be taken into account here. From 2015/16 till 2018/19, Willian missed only 12 games while Pedro missed 23, that's 11 games and 990 minutes difference. In any case, here's the full stats comparison:

WILLIAN

2015/16 - 45 starts + 4 subs = 3,881 minutes (missed 4 games)

2016/17 - 21 starts + 20 subs = 2,026 minutes (missed 4 games)

2017/18 - 33 starts + 22 subs = 3,053 minutes (missed 2 games)

2018/19 - 43 starts + 13 subs = 3,533 minutes (missed 2 games)

PEDRO

2015/16 - 30 starts + 10 subs = 2,781 minutes (missed 10 games)

2016/17 - 33 starts + 10 subs = 2,723 minutes (missed 1 game)

2017/18 - 28 starts + 20 subs = 2,509 minutes (missed 4 games)

2018/19 - 36 starts + 16 subs = 3,099 minutes (missed 8 games)

4 hours ago, Tomo said:

To me, it really seems like a coin toss. Or rather based on form, need of the hour and opposition.

Which includes the last season for me. 

8 hours ago, the wes said:

Chelsea are  to open contract talks with 31-year-old Brazil forward Willian, whose current deal expires at the end of the season. (Express)

jesus fucking h christ!!!

UNLESS

we sign him and THEN sell his arse

Timings key to the announcement if he is signing on for another year.

Take the Terry departure announcements for example, when it was initially done in 15/16 fans lost their shit and eventually the club caved and gave him a new deal. A year later we were storming to the title without him playing so when the announcement was made fans were sad but there was absolutely no scope to be outraged over the decision at that point.

Hope people always talking shit on his name finally give him the credit he deserves. The amount of times he tracked back and regained possession. He should of had 2 assists to his name, if CHO scored that one on one. Some of the bashing he was getting in past few weeks have been nothing short of embarrassing.