test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

Willian

Started by Jason,

6,904 posts in this topic

Can't believe I'm actually hoping he stays for another season. 

I hope Ziyech changes this because settling for Willian as your 1st team RW shows where we are at as a club right now.

21 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Lampard said after the game that he pulled up in training on Friday. That's all we can base it on for now.

If that theory was true however, I would be disappointed that Willian couldn't be trusted to put everything in for Chelsea. After all, there is a trophy and medal opportunity to add to his collection. One which at his stage of his career, may not present itself again.

I can remember us agreeing to sell Brian Laudrup to Copenhagen before playing them in Europe and he still played and scored the goal to knock them out. In my opinion you give your all for your team that you are contracted to, no matter the circumstances. There are no excuses for anything less.

Imagine if Lamp force Willian to play and Lamp need to make 3 sub for injury. 

Again, the short turnaround from season finish until start is so short, deals in and out will be done rapidly from now on.

Even the teams who are left playing for stuff will have agreements in place in principle to conduct their deals.

It will be also interesting to see if Brentford go up when they play Fulham tomorrow, if they don't I can see us going for Benhrama.

kellzfresh likes this

So...Spuds or Arse, I wonder?

Would kind of be a weird one for Arse to want him because they've been hyping up their young players like Saka and Martinelli. Willian signing there for 3 years would surely effect their playing time. On the other hand, Willian is the type of experienced player Arse need in big games they often bottle.

Spuds make much more sense. He and Bergwijn rotating with one another is probably be a Mourinho wet dream.

My bet is that he reunites with his best mate David Luiz. I think he'll be very solid for either of them but as long as we do good business I don't think we'll regret letting him move. 

I'm already preparing myself to be annoyed when Willian raises his game to "stick it to us" when we play against him twice next season. 😂

So that's him gone then. Bye bye, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Can't say I will miss him when he's gone. In the short term (first half of next season) I think the squad would still be better with Willian than without him, but it would be madness to give in to his demands and offer him a 3 year deal on super high wages just because there are some question marks on how fast Ziyech will settle in. No matter the circumstances Willian is not, nor has he ever been, worth the wages he's demanding and a 3 year deal would be ridiculous for a 32yo player.

on his day world class, But otherwise a decent squad member overall.

goodluck to him if hes off

No idea why the club is seemingly trying to pull out all the stops to keep him. Constantly been playing hardball, so just let him go.

Shame it's a number of years too late, though.

killer1257 likes this