Willian

Jase

Nr 10? most of the time he was out wide and Hazard was playing as our nr 10, of course our AMs changes positions all the time but Willian was mostly wide left today.

Actually, if you check Willian's heat map you'll find that he was more central-right.

which is just further proof that some people will keep repeating it on a broken record just to suit their agenda and ignore some facts - as they usually do

When people are talking about the number 10 role at Chelsea, of course we don't mean a static 10. Even when Oscar plays there he moves out wide and interchanges positions a lot. That goes without saying obviously.

Willian was the designated number 10 today and interchanged a lot with Hazard and Cuadrado (especially the former).

Would be kinda funny if he kicks on from here and end this season with at least 10 goals/assists. From potentially being benched/sold to undroppable if he keeps this type of performance up.

Football is a funny game haha

To be honest there is nothing to suggest Mourinho even thought about dropping of selling Willian.

Just to add to what Barbara wrote. The Hazard/rest thing is getting out of hand. I just checked the stats. He's played 2211 mins this season, the most of any Chelsea player except Terry and Ivanovic and the difference is between them and Hazard is only 39 mins! For comparison, Matic has played 2160 mins, Fabregas has played 1871 mins, Costa has played 1603 mins, and both Willian and Oscar have played 1602 and 1588 mins respectively.

Why doesn't Mourinho ever consider resting Hazard? Doesn't he know he has gotten injured at the critical stages of the last two seasons and that those sort of mins are beyond excessive for an attacking midfielder? No wonder he is under-hitting passes more and more in the last few matches. Mourinho needs to manage his players better. I was crying for Hazard to be rested during December, but he never was.

Because before we had no good options to replace him with, considering Jose didn't trust Shirley.

Now, however, we have a couple of alternatives:

R Willian Oscar Cuadrado L

OR

Cuadrado Oscar Willian

OR

Willian Cesc Cuadrado

OR

Oscar Willian Cuadrado

So I think we will see him rested soon, likely at Burnley, but you are kidding yourself if you think he will be rested at PSG.

Had a couple of iffy decisions but... Wow does he seem like a different player. The talent was always obvious, just hope he keeps up this kind of form. His decision making seems to be improving, he's more confident, more assertive and a lot more unpredictable. Not the old shuffle-run around-pass backwards Willian. And what a finish that was, delighted for him.

Deserves more game time in the #10 position, given that Oscar is slumping.

Had a couple of iffy decisions but... Wow does he seem like a different player. The talent was always obvious, just hope he keeps up this kind of form. His decision making seems to be improving, he's more confident, more assertive and a lot more unpredictable. Not the old shuffle-run around-pass backwards Willian. And what a finish that was, delighted for him.

Deserves more game time in the #10 position, given that Oscar is slumping.

I thought Willian was in #10? He looked completely new as well!

If we were to rest Hazard, my first option for that more free-roaming left-wing role would be either Cuadrado or Remy. Willian is perfect for right-wing and the no.10 as a hard worker but will be never be that player who will decide the games for us week in week out. That said, I feel it's great that our current best line-up of Hazard-Willian-Cuadrado could well be the one Jose might use in the big games as well. That is quite worrying for Oscar, and if he doesn't improve in that aspect (of being reliable enough for big games), I can't see him staying at the club beyond summer.

If we were to rest Hazard, my first option for that more free-roaming left-wing role would be either Cuadrado or Remy. Willian is perfect for right-wing and the no.10 as a hard worker but will be never be that player who will decide the games for us week in week out. That said, I feel it's great that our current best line-up of Hazard-Willian-Cuadrado could well be the one Jose might use in the big games as well. That is quite worrying for Oscar, and if he doesn't improve in that aspect (of being reliable enough for big games), I can't see him staying at the club beyond summer.

Willian would be better on the left wing imo. He has a nice shot and he is able to cut inside to his right. He did that a couple of times vs Villa and Everton.

I think he's a confidence player (as most of our blokes seem to be these days) and as such I'm not surprised at all that after a few consecutive good performances he popped up with the winner. Really happy for him.

I think the ability we now have to rotate Hazard, Fabregas, Willian, Cuadrado, Ramires and Oscar around Matic/Mikel is massive for us going forward. None of those first 6 that I mentioned are tied down to just one position which is fantastic.

Surprised that Willian was played in the No.10 role against Everton but at the same time, not surprised either. Mourinho has showed in the past he will do that if we attempt to play on the break, not necessarily for the entire game but certainly when we can get loads of opportunities to counter and Everton was the perfect opposition for such approach. If we had played one of the lesser sides instead, Willian would have started out wide.

That aside, credit where is due for his performance. Was solid, looked threatening and finally scored a goal this season that's actually vital. Can definitely still improve with the final passes though...

As above mentioned since Cuadrado has signed Willian has been much better. Looks that bit more purposeful when he has the ball, created Hazard's goal v Villa and then scored a huge goal vs Everton. Think that in its self is a sign of him knowing he has to score and assist more to stay in the team maybe he will go and get a few more goals and assists before the season is finished.

As above mentioned since Cuadrado has signed Willian has been much better. Looks that bit more purposeful when he has the ball, created Hazard's goal v Villa and then scored a huge goal vs Everton. Think that in its self is a sign of him knowing he has to score and assist more to stay in the team maybe he will go and get a few more goals and assists before the season is finished.

We'll see...