Willian

Jase

Willian was confirmed as a Chelsea player on 28 August, for a fee in the region of £32m, after Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich had reportedly contacted fellow Russian billionaire Kerimov personally. Clearly happy with the late change of destination, the Brazilian international commented "I'm very happy to be here, it's been a dream of mine to come and play here. Chelsea are one of the best clubs in the world, and now I'm going to play for one of the best managers in the world, so I'm very happy and looking forward to it."

Willian made his Chelsea debut as a substitute in a shock home loss against FC Basel, and made his full debut for the club in a League Cup win against Swindon Town the following week. He scored his first goal for Chelsea on his Premier League debut, a sublime long-range effort against Norwich City that clinched a 3-1 win for the Blues in early October. Having been eased into the Chelsea side by José Mourinho, by December Willian had established himself as a regular starter along side Oscar and Eden Hazard in the triumverate of attacking midfielders behind the striker. By the turn of the year he was consistently demonstrating his skill in attacking areas and his notable workrate was no doubt a factor in Mourinho's evident faith in the Brazilian. He scored his second goal for the club against Southampton on New Year's Day. Reflecting on his move to Chelsea in January 2014 he told the FIFA website I kept an eye on Chelseas fortunes after they first tried to sign me. I developed a bit of a soft spot for the club. The problem was that Shakhtar didnt want to let me go. And then Anzhi came in and met my release clause fee, he explained. But that made my desire to play for Chelsea all the stronger. It took a while, but now Im here, and I couldnt be happier.

Click here to view the record

Interesting to see how he'll fit in our midfield, and whether he's going to be a regular starter ahead of KDB and Oscar or not. Or maybe Jose will choose to rotate KDB and Oscar with Mata in the CAM role, while giving Willian more matches on the right wing. Who knows...still early days.

Can't wait to see how he turns out in the PL.

Interesting to see how he'll fit in our midfield, and whether he's going to be a regular starter ahead of KDB and Oscar or not. Or maybe Jose will choose to rotate KDB and Oscar with Mata in the CAM role, while giving Willian more matches on the right wing. Who knows...still early days.

Can't wait to see how he turns out in the PL.

I believe Oscar and Mata will rotate the CAM and Kevin will be used in the wing, not sure if rotating with Willian - most likely as Hazard is the man Mourinho is putting his money on and will rarely miss starts. If anything between Oscar and Mata is more likely Willian will rotate with the only leftie in the AM - Mata.

Etoo-Mata-Hazard-Oscar-De Bruyne-Wilian

In terms of pure technical skills it matches (even surpasses for me) Barcelone and the six Messi-Pedro-Sanchez-Iniesta-Neymar- Fabregas

Wouldn't say surpassed but maybe matching yeah.

It's great to see Chelsea turning into such a technical team. I hope Mourinho provides a platform for all of them to perform on whilst having a solid defensive structure (the latter which I'm sure he'll achieve). If we do that we'll definitely see something magical.

not even close.

pls... Messi is still the best in the world, but both Xavi and Iniesta while still playing well are already on the descending side of their careers and aren't the players they were two years ago (maybe not even a year ago). How long has it been since you've watched them?

I'm not saying both attacks match, as our fellow mate, but not even close is a stretch.

I think it's very close, if not a match as he suggested.

Pedro and Sanchez are really overrated, Neymar has to prove himself in Europe more than any of our players and Fabregas isn't as proficient at Barça as he was at Arsenal. The only clear advantage is Messi. The rest is a draw or us having a slight edge

We need more time and more xp

Chelsea will be the next power house but they have to know each others. Just see how Mata and Hazard are a joy to watch when the link up with each others. Need to see that with the other ones and we would be the greatest team in england of all time

pls... Messi is still the best in the world, but both Xavi and Iniesta while still playing well are already on the descending side of their careers and aren't the players they were two years ago (maybe not even a year ago). How long has it been since you've watched them?

I'm not saying both attacks match, as our fellow mate, but not even close is a stretch.

I think it's very close, if not a match as he suggested.

Pedro and Sanchez are really overrated, Neymar has to prove himself in Europe more than any of our players and Fabregas isn't as proficient at Barça as he was at Arsenal. The only clear advantage is Messi. The rest is a draw or us having a slight edge

Even if talking about pure skills Chelsea has the edge, right now if both teams were to play against each other, i'm pretty sure Barca would still be technically superior.

Cause individual skills thrive in collectiveness, in stability, in knowledge of your partners.

That's what the difference is between a player with pure technical skills (Hatem Ben Arfa matches Messi in that aspect), and a technical player, who's able to put these skills at the service of the game.

Even if talking about pure skills Chelsea has the edge, right now if both teams were to play against each other, i'm pretty sure Barca would still be technically superior.

Cause individual skills thrive in collectiveness, in stability, in knowledge of your partners.

That's what the difference is between a player with pure technical skills (Hatem Ben Arfa matches Messi in that aspect), and a technical player, who's able to put these skills at the service of the game.

They know each others. @ the end of this season we will see another chelsea already

Etoo-Mata-Hazard-Oscar-De Bruyne-Wilian

In terms of pure technical skills it matches (even surpasses for me) Barcelone and the six Messi-Pedro-Sanchez-Iniesta-Neymar- Fabregas

Ronaldo-benzema-dimaria-ozil-isco-modric

Mandzukic-Ribery-Robben-muller-goetze/kroos-shaqiri

bayern still the best for me. But chelsea look really good now