Willian

Jase

I think it's more about what the nation wants, rather than what Scolari wants.

Brazil's history suggest that they've always enjoyed players that can entertain a crowd. You won't see Brazil playing like Italy or France. At least not in this life.

That's why David Luiz and Hulk are untouchable in Scolari's first eleven, although you can easily find some other players better than them. One thing is for sure - if those two were Germans, I bet Mertesacker/Boateng and Muller were starting ahead of them.

Dante and Miranda, as centre-backs, are better than Luiz. No doubt about that.

Fernandinho (or Hernanes) should start over that mug Paulinho.

Willian > Hulk.

As for Dani Alves and Fred - they are lucky enough that there's no one decent to replace them, only 2nd hand players.

If that was the case Coutinho and Lucas Moura would have made the squad and starting 11 even in place of Paulinho/Ramires and Hulk respectively. And what's entertaining about hulk? is it how regularly he falls flat on his arse or how often he surrenders possesion in embarrassing fashion. I'm not exaggerating when I say he's one of the most frustrating players to watch in world football which makes your post a bit weird.

Willian does not have a decent finish. He had 4 goals in 42 games with us despite playing the #10 in most games. Hulk was overrated by many on here (who wanted to pay 50M pounds for him) but he can score. The way the team is setup, it is definitely understandable to go with someone who can score (and cut in from the wing) than it does a work-rate guy.

You must be crazy.

I think it's more about what the nation wants, rather than what Scolari wants.

Brazil's history suggest that they've always enjoyed players that can entertain a crowd. You won't see Brazil playing like Italy or France. At least not in this life.

That's why David Luiz and Hulk are untouchable in Scolari's first eleven, although you can easily find some other players better than them. One thing is for sure - if those two were Germans, I bet Mertesacker/Boateng and Muller were starting ahead of them.

Dante and Miranda, as centre-backs, are better than Luiz. No doubt about that.

Fernandinho (or Hernanes) should start over that mug Paulinho.

Willian > Hulk.

As for Dani Alves and Fred - they are lucky enough that there's no one decent to replace them, only 2nd hand players.

lol

The "nation" wants Willian starting games. He is way more "entertaining" than Hulk.

I think with the Fabregas signing his place is under even more threat especially if he does not improve in the final third

Not really.

Aside from Hazard, Willian is the attacking player that played most of our top matches. Aside from the West-Ham game Mourinho always preferred Willian in the 4-3-3 setup. He was the player Mourinho raved about in having improved since the Shakthar days. He's also a player that would give his life for the team (not literally) A fact Mourinho touched up upon after Hazard's critical mistake when he didn't not cover his fullback against Atletico. Mourinho values defensive stability above almost anything, seeïng he never criticised any of the defending 4.

Willian is also seen as a winger, and both Oscar and Fabregas are not. Schürrle will always be the main threat for Willian's starting spot (and Salah too a lesser extent).

Oscar will be our Number 10 next season, but Mourinho won't think twice about replacing him with Fabregas if he performs the way he did in the last part of our season. I don't think Mourinho was up in joy when he saw Oscar performing like he did in Brazil. Mainly because he expected it, and it validates most people concerns that he was holding himself back for the World Cup.

• 2 weeks later...

probably the worst set-piece taker in the current football world. atrocious at freekicks, corners and also penaltys as it seems.

He was decent at it today.

Just missed a penalty, but that isnt the sum of him as a player any more than Oscar's missed free header against Mexico in the olympic final is his sum as a player.