Willian

Jase

Why? Hulk isn't even that good tbh. Willian is better and deserves to start.

1. Personally I cant say that Willian is better for sure.

2. Scolari likes to stay true to the players that he chooses, he'll probably use the same starting XI from the Confederation Cup.

1. Personally I cant say that Willian is better for sure.

2. Scolari likes to stay true to the players that he chooses, he'll probably use the same starting XI from the Confederation Cup.

he is better for sure than Hulk because that isn't that hard to start with.

Thing is NT teams are about instant chemistry more than long-term chemistry. So Hulk worked well in the confed cup and has been around for a while... therefore chances of Willian displacing him are minimal as Willian is quite new in the group

Thing is NT teams are about instant chemistry more than long-term chemistry. So Hulk worked well in the confed cup and has been around for a while... therefore chances of Willian displacing him are minimal as Willian is quite new in the group

Well I haven't watched enough of Hulk.

Your second point is the same as mine :)

Do you rate Hulk only based on national games? Because Hulk was one of best (if not best) players in Russia (I know...) but also very good in CL run.

I dont think Hulk or Willian is better but Hulk sure has better finishing.

Do you rate Hulk only based on national games? Because Hulk was one of best (if not best) players in Russia (I know...) but also very good in CL run.

I dont think Hulk or Willian is better but Hulk sure has better finishing.

I rate him for what he is, regardless of where he plays.

and please, as you said yourself, doing well in Russia means absolutely nothing... and I disagree on the very good CL run. Good, nothing outstanding or even very good.

He's limited, something Willian isn't imo. His finishing is on and off, depends on the day.

I rate him for what he is, regardless of where he plays.

and please, as you said yourself, doing well in Russia means absolutely nothing... and I disagree on the very good CL run. Good, nothing outstanding or even very good.

He's limited, something Willian isn't imo. His finishing is on and off, depends on the day.

Hulk has never impressed me, one of the most overrated players in the world.

Do you support Brazil? How far do you think they'll go? Have you seen the anti-WC propaganda?

Hulk has never impressed me, one of the most overrated players in the world.

Do you support Brazil? How far do you think they'll go? Have you seen the anti-WC propaganda?

Brazil is third in my preference, behind Germany and then Belgium.

I'm not anti-WC here, I'm not anti-WC in general, I just don't enjoy it all that much...

I think Brazil has good chances of reaching the final, and from there, who knows. I think the biggest chances are Germany's anyway... They're my faves and my preference.

The only reason I haven't bought a Germany kit yet is because it's so ugly that I can't imagine myself wearing that. Their second kit is very similar to my Brazilian side and it seems it was even a homage. Can't find it here :(

Last world cup I bought Spain's kit just before it started and I guessed right that the final would be Spain beating Netherlands. I'm actually pretty good guessing WC winners, lol.

If we do sign Fabregas he might end up on the bench more often than not, kind of what happened to Mata when he came in last season

WHAT??????????????????????????????????

HOW????????????????????????????

how is fabregas going to play RW for us?

fabregas will be our second pivot player and a direct competition to rambo.

even if we go 4-3-3, we will play hazard-willian on the wings with salah-schurrle as the back ups, while matic, rambo, cesc, mvg, oscar as the CM options.

how does it even make sense to say that willian will be affected if cesc joins!!!!!

WHAT??????????????????????????????????

HOW????????????????????????????

how is fabregas going to play RW for us?

fabregas will be our second pivot player and a direct competition to rambo.

even if we go 4-3-3, we will play hazard-willian on the wings with salah-schurrle as the back ups, while matic, rambo, cesc, mvg, oscar as the CM options.

how does it even make sense to say that willian will be affected if cesc joins!!!!!

Thank you. It's like he's never even seen Fabregas play.

How come that he isnt starting ahead of Hulk? He has incredible work rate and better link with Oscar, he can play left right or center and he has decent finish, not the best but Hulk wasnt anything special either.

I didnt watch Brazil too much recently in friendlies, but was Willian that bad or sth? How come Bernard is better than Willian (at least Scolari favours him more)?

I understand Big Phil wants players he trust, but Hulk realy didnt do anything vs Croatia and recent games.

How come that he isnt starting ahead of Hulk? He has incredible work rate and better link with Oscar, he can play left right or center and he has decent finish, not the best but Hulk wasnt anything special either.

I didnt watch Brazil too much recently in friendlies, but was Willian that bad or sth? How come Bernard is better than Willian (at least Scolari favours him more)?

I understand Big Phil wants players he trust, but Hulk realy didnt do anything vs Croatia and recent games.

I think it's more about what the nation wants, rather than what Scolari wants.

Brazil's history suggest that they've always enjoyed players that can entertain a crowd. You won't see Brazil playing like Italy or France. At least not in this life.

That's why David Luiz and Hulk are untouchable in Scolari's first eleven, although you can easily find some other players better than them. One thing is for sure - if those two were Germans, I bet Mertesacker/Boateng and Muller were starting ahead of them.

Dante and Miranda, as centre-backs, are better than Luiz. No doubt about that.

Fernandinho (or Hernanes) should start over that mug Paulinho.

Willian > Hulk.

As for Dani Alves and Fred - they are lucky enough that there's no one decent to replace them, only 2nd hand players.

I wouldn't add Luiz to that list at all, considering he is regularly Brazil's best defender whenever he does play for them. He justifiably keeps players like Miranda and Dante out.

You can't say the same about Hulk.

Willian does not have a decent finish. He had 4 goals in 42 games with us despite playing the #10 in most games. Hulk was overrated by many on here (who wanted to pay 50M pounds for him) but he can score. The way the team is setup, it is definitely understandable to go with someone who can score (and cut in from the wing) than it does a work-rate guy.

I think it's more about what the nation wants, rather than what Scolari wants.

Brazil's history suggest that they've always enjoyed players that can entertain a crowd. You won't see Brazil playing like Italy or France. At least not in this life.

That's why David Luiz and Hulk are untouchable in Scolari's first eleven, although you can easily find some other players better than them. One thing is for sure - if those two were Germans, I bet Mertesacker/Boateng and Muller were starting ahead of them.

Fernandinho (or Hernanes) should start over that mug Paulinho.

Willian > Hulk.

As for Dani Alves and Fred - they are lucky enough that there's no one decent to replace them, only 2nd hand players.

Your posted is a bit dated - as far as playing exciting goes. Brazilians learned that lesson with the 1982 and 1994 teams. Of course there are many people that would rather see us play exciting football and draw rather than pragmatic and win, but when 1982 lost and 1994 won, that myth died here. We'd rather win, in whatever way that comes (and believe me, at some point - before 1982, the opposite was true, we'd rather lose playing beautiful, exciting football, and then we lost and people changed - most of them anyway).

There's no attachment or excitement coming from Brazil fans towards Hulk. There's a part of us that have a soft spot for Bernard for his last years in Atletico Mineiro, but even then I wouldn't say it's a significant part. We aren't claiming for anyone.

The general public has been falling in love for Luiz - he wasn't until the Confed Cup as popular here as he was for Chelsea since he's been there. And he's been brilliant for Brazil more often than not. I have no idea why Dante - another not popular player here - is in that team instead of Miranda (hated by many who disliked his ex-club Sao Paulo, but also not a significant part of the crowd), but it has nothing to do with excitement (Luiz and Dante don't do anything exciting when playing for Brazil - actually Dante doesn't know what exciting is unless his poor decisions that gives us heart attacks count).

Luiz is viewed by most Brazilians as the guy we can trust to give his 101% in each match, a player that has a lot of clutch and unless fans followed him in Chelsea I don't think any Brazilian would associate brain-fart and David Luiz in any form.

As for the others - Paulinho over Hernanes and Fernandinho and Alves and Fred having spots in the team, I think you have a point. Hernanes is way too much better than Paulinho and I wouldn't be surprised if this would turn into the first change in the starting XI. I still don't know why Hulk is playing ahead of Willian though, but if he's dropped Bernard will replace him because for Felipão Willian is Oscar's replacement and if there's one thing Felipão is stubborn about is who replaces who - especially in a WC.