test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

10. Willian

Started by Jason,

6,503 posts in this topic

"At the same time, Willian is a better player coming from the sides. In my opinion I would go with Oscar as a No. 10 and Willian coming from the side."

- Jose

Willian has all the tangibles to take on defenders. So quick, creates space for himself a lot. I feel like we all watched it over the span of the entire season with Chelsea. As soon as he gets the ball on the side, he squares up against the defender. Jabs his feet around really quickly, and pokes the ball into space past the first defender. Jumping over the defenders outstretched leg.

Unfortunately, this is where he can get a little frustrating, he cuts the first defender up across the field, then cuts again, and again, and again, and again until he is pretty much dribbling across the pitch dodging tackles lol and then he finds Hazard with a safe pass who sometimes does the same thing the other way haha

It's somewhere between the second and fifteenth touch across the width of the pitch that I sorta feel a true "playmaker" would have the vision to play a dangerous, risky ball vertically/through the cutback lane created by chasing defenders (rather than horizontally). Something Silva, Mata (used to), Iniesta, Messi, etc.

There is a little sense of enjoyment/excitement watching defenders pounce hopelessly trying to tackle, I'd hate to have to mark him 1v1 lol could just be me.

DYC. likes this

If that is what the future holds for Brazil, then I'm afraid they have the same chances as Romania to win a World Cup again.

Isn't there this guy named Neymar who is supposed to be the future of Brazil? Hmm.

Gave it a go, but looked well of the pace.

Luckily for him, £48m David Luiz made him look like Ronaldinho in comparison :lol:

Not much of a future then...

If that is what the future holds for Brazil, then I'm afraid they have the same chances as Romania to win a World Cup again.

Bernard, Oscar and Neymar are the going to be the 3 moving forward. I understand that this is a chelsea forum, however, you guys really need to take your blue tinted glasses off. Willian did nothing for brazil and after this world cup, there a good chance he doesnt get called up again because of his age and the amount of ams brazil has in their u23s.

Had willian never moved to chelsea, willian never would of gotten called up by scolari.

Bernard, Oscar and Neymar are the going to be the 3 moving forward. I understand that this is a chelsea forum, however, you guys really need to take your blue tinted glasses off. Willian did nothing for brazil and after this world cup, there a good chance he doesnt get called up again because of his age and the amount of ams brazil has in their u23s.

Had willian never moved to chelsea, willian never would of gotten called up by scolari.

There's no chance Brazil is ever winning the world cup or dominating football with those 3 as its future core

How often have you seen Bernard's play at club level over the past year?

How often have you seen Bernard's play at club level over the past year?

IN shaktar? None.

For Brazil? every match on the national team and a few for club level.

Bernard is the only ams that runs constantly. Oscar, neymar, willian, coutinho, lucas will not give the constant runs that bernard does for the team. It's mind boggling you guys cant see the potential in Bernard and the role/fit he has with the squad moving forward. He has very good technique, is fast/quick and a passes decently well. His only setback is he's a hobbit and will be limited in terms of his defensive output.

I think he's got immense ability and he's also fortunate to have physical strength and pace. The limitations in his game is really down to his mentality. He just needs to assert himself and be more daring on the ball. But he has all the tools in my opinion.

Barbara, zolayes and kellzfresh like this

I think he's got immense ability and he's also fortunate to have physical strength and pace. The limitations in his game is really down to his mentality. He just needs to assert himself and be more daring on the ball. But he has all the tools in my opinion.

KTF he has only had one year with us

dee25 likes this