test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

10. Willian

Started by Jason,

6,383 posts in this topic

probably the worst set-piece taker in the current football world. atrocious at freekicks, corners and also penaltys as it seems.

probably the worst set-piece taker in the current football world. atrocious at freekicks, corners and also penaltys as it seems.

He was decent at it today.

Just missed a penalty, but that isnt the sum of him as a player any more than Oscar's missed free header against Mexico in the olympic final is his sum as a player.

Duppy Conqueror likes this

His FKs were dangerous when he came on, but I had a feeling he would miss the penalty. Only seems to score great goals!

I was gutted for him when he missed but at least they're through. Hate to see our guys fail on the big stage like that, it was such a bad penalty.

Stay away from them in the future though! :lol:

iseah100 likes this

I was gutted for him when he missed but at least they're through. Hate to see our guys fail on the big stage like that, it was such a bad penalty.

Stay away from them in the future though! :lol:

Wanted to see Chile win. But I was crushed when Willian missed. As much as I dislike Brazil, i still love our guys haha.

Bernard>Willian

Scolari needs to make that change next time.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Styles likes this

Think you are totally exaggerating it because of one penalty miss. Granted that one was atrocious but he at least been decent in free kicks and/or corner kicks for us. It's not as bad like you're making it out there.

Barbara likes this

probably the worst set-piece taker in the current football world.

Schurrle, Lampard and Oscar - 3 worse than him within the Chelsea squad itself.

Think you are totally exaggerating it because of one penalty miss. Granted that one was atrocious but he at least been decent in free kicks and/or corner kicks for us. It's not as bad like you're making it out there.

He never scored a free kick in his career I think, don't know where you got that from. Overall he is a good player though, a bit overrated but a good player nevertheless.

He never scored a free kick in his career I think, don't know where you got that from. Overall he is a good player though, a bit overrated but a good player nevertheless.

You misunderstood the point. Was talking about Willian delivering free kicks for others to score, not shooting directly at goal from free kicks himself. Moreover, Willian has hardly ever take free kicks for us when it is facing directly against the goal.

how could you possibly know he never scored a goal from a free kick in his career? Don't turn your assumptions into facts, even if you put the 'I think' at the end of the sentence. If you think he never did - because there's no way you would have followed his entire career - then you could make that a question...

and here you go. At mark 5:00

You're welcome ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CU00fg0aCxg

edit: btw watching that video, I hope Hazard gets to this level of decision making... Willian knows perfectly when to shoot and when to pass. He isn't selfish - he doesn't even shoot that much - but when he sees an opening he goes for the shot and I think that's one of the improvements we need to see in Eden. Yeah, it's great that he's a team-oriented player, but he needs to shoot on occasion. There are moments he's in a great position to shoot and he passes to a teammate that sometimes isn't even in a better position than he was.

Rambo likes this

I 100 precent knew that he would miss a pen if he took one. ....

His low confidence is not suitable for top class football. I am very sorry. We must get another AM. WORLD-CLASS ONE.

how could you possibly know he never scored a goal from a free kick in his career? Don't turn your assumptions into facts, even if you put the 'I think' at the end of the sentence. If you think he never did - because there's no way you would have followed his entire career - then you could make that a question...

and here you go. At mark 5:00

You're welcome ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CU00fg0aCxg

edit: btw watching that video, I hope Hazard gets to this level of decision making... Willian knows perfectly when to shoot and when to pass. He isn't selfish - he doesn't even shoot that much - but when he sees an opening he goes for the shot and I think that's one of the improvements we need to see in Eden. Yeah, it's great that he's a team-oriented player, but he needs to shoot on occasion. There are moments he's in a great position to shoot and he passes to a teammate that sometimes isn't even in a better position than he was.

Videos like this most of the times just 'lie'. Willian is not a good decision maker. Willian doesn't know perfectly when to shoot and especially not when to pass. He shoots less than Eden. He is afraid to create chances. Eden truly needs to improve on that aspect (shot when possible) as-well I agree, but Willian is no better. Willian lacks a lot. Not so much in the techniquel zone but in the minded aspect.