test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

10. Willian

Started by Jason,

6,383 posts in this topic

When I watch him play Stoned then I really see what this guy is all about, his dribbling is amazing and his work rate is awesome. He seems to be lost once he gets past the player because the runs in front of him aren't there. I can only see him getting better and better.

iseah100 likes this

First touch, passing, shooting, decision making and intelligence (if that counts as an aspect of talent)

The wording was "far". Willian doesn't excel in any of these aspects far better than Moses, especially his decision making and intelligence are as bad/good as Moses's.

The wording was "far". Willian doesn't excel in any of these aspects far better than Moses, especially his decision making and intelligence are as bad/good as Moses's.

lol

sorry, but is there anything that Moses isn't far worse than Willian? Maybe they have about the same pace - Will may have more even - but everything else, yes, he's far better than Moses, not because Willian is that great, but simply because Moses is that bad.

The Chels, Madmax and Henrique like this

Willian's decision-making is decidedly sub-par however that is something he will improve upon with time and experience. For a new signing in a new league, I think he's done okay. A 7/10 for his debut season for me.

Blue Armour and bethos1 like this

Nice goal tonight, curious if he becomes a starter come WC.

I don't think so.. It looks like Scolari doesn't really want to change the Confederation Cup winner team. Fred, Oscar, Hulk and Neymar will be the starting attackers unless anyone get injured.

I think Hulk will be a starter ahead of him.

Why? Hulk isn't even that good tbh. Willian is better and deserves to start.

Why? Hulk isn't even that good tbh. Willian is better and deserves to start.

1. Personally I cant say that Willian is better for sure.

2. Scolari likes to stay true to the players that he chooses, he'll probably use the same starting XI from the Confederation Cup.

Henrique likes this

1. Personally I cant say that Willian is better for sure.

2. Scolari likes to stay true to the players that he chooses, he'll probably use the same starting XI from the Confederation Cup.

he is better for sure than Hulk because that isn't that hard to start with.

Thing is NT teams are about instant chemistry more than long-term chemistry. So Hulk worked well in the confed cup and has been around for a while... therefore chances of Willian displacing him are minimal as Willian is quite new in the group

Thing is NT teams are about instant chemistry more than long-term chemistry. So Hulk worked well in the confed cup and has been around for a while... therefore chances of Willian displacing him are minimal as Willian is quite new in the group

Well I haven't watched enough of Hulk.

Your second point is the same as mine :)

Do you rate Hulk only based on national games? Because Hulk was one of best (if not best) players in Russia (I know...) but also very good in CL run.

I dont think Hulk or Willian is better but Hulk sure has better finishing.

Do you rate Hulk only based on national games? Because Hulk was one of best (if not best) players in Russia (I know...) but also very good in CL run.

I dont think Hulk or Willian is better but Hulk sure has better finishing.

I rate him for what he is, regardless of where he plays.

and please, as you said yourself, doing well in Russia means absolutely nothing... and I disagree on the very good CL run. Good, nothing outstanding or even very good.

He's limited, something Willian isn't imo. His finishing is on and off, depends on the day.

iseah100 likes this

I rate him for what he is, regardless of where he plays.

and please, as you said yourself, doing well in Russia means absolutely nothing... and I disagree on the very good CL run. Good, nothing outstanding or even very good.

He's limited, something Willian isn't imo. His finishing is on and off, depends on the day.

Hulk has never impressed me, one of the most overrated players in the world.

Do you support Brazil? How far do you think they'll go? Have you seen the anti-WC propaganda?

Hulk has never impressed me, one of the most overrated players in the world.

Do you support Brazil? How far do you think they'll go? Have you seen the anti-WC propaganda?

Brazil is third in my preference, behind Germany and then Belgium.

I'm not anti-WC here, I'm not anti-WC in general, I just don't enjoy it all that much...

I think Brazil has good chances of reaching the final, and from there, who knows. I think the biggest chances are Germany's anyway... They're my faves and my preference.

The only reason I haven't bought a Germany kit yet is because it's so ugly that I can't imagine myself wearing that. Their second kit is very similar to my Brazilian side and it seems it was even a homage. Can't find it here :(

Last world cup I bought Spain's kit just before it started and I guessed right that the final would be Spain beating Netherlands. I'm actually pretty good guessing WC winners, lol.

iseah100 likes this

If we do sign Fabregas he might end up on the bench more often than not, kind of what happened to Mata when he came in last season

If we do sign Fabregas he might end up on the bench more often than not, kind of what happened to Mata when he came in last season

WHAT??????????????????????????????????

HOW????????????????????????????

how is fabregas going to play RW for us?

fabregas will be our second pivot player and a direct competition to rambo.

even if we go 4-3-3, we will play hazard-willian on the wings with salah-schurrle as the back ups, while matic, rambo, cesc, mvg, oscar as the CM options.

how does it even make sense to say that willian will be affected if cesc joins!!!!!

The Skipper likes this