Willian

Jase

Actually he has been getting some praise for some time now. its not only now that people changed their opinion.

No, it's more or less this month... Go back a few pages and read those comments.

No, it's more or less this month... Go back a few pages and read those comments.

He's been getting praise from late November to mid February. After a few bad games since then people have decided he is worthless, but his form is picking up again in recent weeks.

If I was in charge of him I would have him running at defenders instead of constantly slowing play down. He is a much better player when he gets at people and we look very dangerous when he does that.

Didn't think he was bad. But didn't think he was great. Really hate it when he plays on the sides. He has good crosses but we have low commitment putting men the box so it is useless. He needs to adjust more and control the tempo of the game better.

That does not only depend on him. You know that don't you?

Yes it does. He needs to create those chances. He has the ability to create more chances. Why doesn't he do that?? Cuz he isn't performing at his best, why isn't he making more assists - he doesn't have good vision and doesn't pass good enough. Why doesn't he score more? Because he isn't performing at his best.

Yes it does. He needs to create those chances. He has the ability to create more chances. Why doesn't he do that?? Cuz he isn't performing at his best, why isn't he making more assists - he doesn't have good vision and doesn't pass good enough. Why doesn't he score more? Because he isn't performing at his best.

I gotta disagree with you. Creating chances and assists does not only depend on Willian. It also depends on the offensive players, making the right runs and patterns, finding space behind the defense and getting into good position. If you play football you will know what I mean. If players aren't moving and waiting for the ball to be given to them underneath their feet, then I don't think you will have a great chance of creating opportunity.

As far as him not scoring, I agree with you. He should be scoring much more and needs to work on his shots.

I gotta disagree with you. Creating chances and assists does not only depend on Willian. It also depends on the offensive players, making the right runs and patterns, finding space behind the defense and getting into good position. If you play football you will know what I mean. If players aren't moving and waiting for the ball to be given to them underneath their feet, then I don't think you will have a great chance of creating opportunity.

As far as him not scoring, I agree with you. He should be scoring much more and needs to work on his shots.

Sure. Correct. But it also depends on Willian. You watch Hazard for example, he creates way more chances. Now, I don't expect Willian to create as much but he HAS to create more like every world-class player does. Believe he can create more. He should go pass a player and I know he can and cross it into the middle of the box, that's what I want and he nearly but nearly does that.

And actually I think I am the only one here that thinks that but Willian's shots are quite good in my opinion, the problem is that he nearly finds space for himself to shoot from.

Yes it does. He needs to create those chances. He has the ability to create more chances. Why doesn't he do that?? Cuz he isn't performing at his best, why isn't he making more assists - he doesn't have good vision and doesn't pass good enough.

I seriously don't understand how you want someone who isn't the team's main playmaker (he's the third option even when Hazard and Oscar play) and who isn't in his natural position to provide even more chances than he has already... You do know he had an assist yesterday right? And should've had another had Demba Ba scored.

Why doesn't he score more? Because he isn't performing at his best.

I've explained all of this to you already in our earlier discussion a few weeks ago (which you blanked)... His role restricts him to be as creative as he can be. Why do you think Mata didn't assist anywhere near the same amount for us earlier in the season as he did last year? It's just simple pal... Hazard's role is the team's main playmaker, Willian is not, he's even behind Oscar for that.

I seriously don't understand how you want someone who isn't the team's main playmaker (he's the third option even when Hazard and Oscar play) and who isn't in his natural position to provide even more chances than he has already... You do know he had an assist yesterday right? And should've had another had Demba Ba

I've explained all of this to you already in our earlier discussion a few weeks ago (which you blanked)... His role restricts him to be as creative as he can be. Why do you think Mata didn't assist anywhere near the same amount for us earlier in the season as he did last year? It's just simple pal... Hazard's role is the team's main playmaker, Willian is not, he's even behind Oscar for that.

What is exaclty Willian's role at the team.

What is exaclty Willian's role at the team.

Seriously man, go back just one page and I answered you on that but you completely blanked it.

I'll quote it again for your convenience.

How can he create when Hazard and Oscar are the ones who carry the ball the most in our attack?

His role is what he's been praised for all season - his defensive abilities, his work rate, leading the high press, recovering and laying the ball off to our main playmakers in the team in Hazard and Oscar... He's often instructed to drop back too much in order to connect play and provide more defensive solidity.

Look at his average positioning against PSG for example:

phase1_2877121a.jpg

How is he meant to create if he's constantly not even in the final third? As I said before, the role Mourinho has given him when he plays on the right is not to be a creator but more of a facilitator for our attack.

Again, as he's shown against Stoke - if he is entrusted in his natural role he'll create and score. People have misunderstood his role in the team if they think he's our prime creator or is meant to be consistently scoring goals.

Willian is the "assist before the actual assist" type of player.

Seriously man, go back just one page and I answered you on that but you completely blanked it.

I'll quote it again for your convenience.

First of all, thank you.

I understand your point but here I just don't support Mourinho's tactics then.

For me, Willian has much much more ability to create chances than Oscar does.

I see Willian is a selfish with salah .. didnt pass to Salah despite good positioning Salah was in

I dont say tha because i'm Egyptian, but I think many many people have noticed that and that costed us a match and may be a title