Willian

Jase

Really looking forward to see him in WC. I'm starting to love him. He is so cute :wub: . Also he has great skills, so hard-working. Really good player, but he has to score more goals.I hope he will improve that next season. Quite a shame we didn't signed him 2 years ago.

Decent performance today. Was not his best, but that is ok judging on the amount of energy he put a few days ago against PSG. Would have wanted him to rest but the way the game was going really needed him. I hope he gives a the string performance he gave against stoke next week against Sunderland. Great heart.

I thought Willian was decent today, contrary to what I'm mostly reading elsewhere. He was sometimes overly hesistant and sloppy (especially from corners although nobody seems capable of taking a decent corner in our team!) but I thought he created quite a few chances that could well have led to a goal if we were more clinical and/or had someone in the right position - e.g. the cross from the right wing to the back post in the second half where someone should have made a run to.

I thought Willian was decent today, contrary to what I'm mostly reading elsewhere. He was sometimes overly hesistant and sloppy (especially from corners although nobody seems capable of taking a decent corner in our team!) but I thought he created quite a few chances that could well have led to a goal if we were more clinical and/or had someone in the right position - e.g. the cross from the right wing to the back post in the second half where someone should have made a run to.

Crosses as well. It's basic shit that for corners and crosses you have keep then as low as possible, our players are sending in the ball in too high and defenders are given to much time to win it. It might be fractions of second but when the corss/corner comes in as low as possible the defense is left scrambling. Basic crap our team needs to get fixed. If you look at every single cross/corner PSG sent in against us they were better than cross/corner our team has send in all season.

OptaChelsea ‏@OptaChels 22h

30 - Willian has created a chance every 30 mins in the PL this season, more frequently than any other Chelsea player (min 15 games). Wizard.

hmmm, passed Hazard on that.

and now see why I hate this very inaccurate stat? It makes you believe Willian is indeed a creative wizard for us and he hasn't been such. Decent, hard worker, fast and with some very good passes and tons of flair, but there's no more misleading stat in football than chances created.

Created 9 chances today :Goober:

But in all seriousness, thought he had a good game. Just from these matches recently I think it's clear that he's much better when he has the freedom to drift all over the pitch rather than confined to the right wing.

"Chances created" or "key passes" and all that just counts every last pass before an effort at goal. Can be a slick through ball but also corners and free kicks or a 5 yard sideways pass to a teammate who hits the corner flag from 40 yards out.

Just like all other stats in football it's useless when looked at in isolation.

Created 9 chances today :Goober:

But in all seriousness, thought he had a good game. Just from these matches recently I think it's clear that he's much better when he has the freedom to drift all over the pitch rather than confined to the right wing.

today and some other days, but he hasn't been our most creative player - like the stat states. I think he was our best player and he had a good match - but was especially good with the corners. From open play he was definitely way better than Oscar, but nothing special. Good, but not great, if you know what I mean. The thing is the stats misleads (not all matches, some of them and definitely the cumulative view) because any pass that precedes a shot is counted as such and we have some clueless shooting sometimes.

I said somewhere else - don't remember now - that he's doing quite well in his transition right now and I believe if Oscar doesn't bring his A game next season that Willian will rightfully and deservedly misplace him.

today and some other days, but he hasn't been our most creative player - like the stat states. I think he was our best player and he had a good match - but was especially good with the corners. From open play he was definitely way better than Oscar, but nothing special. Good, but not great, if you know what I mean. The thing is the stats misleads (not all matches, some of them and definitely the cumulative view) because any pass that precedes a shot is counted as such and we have some clueless shooting sometimes.

I said somewhere else - don't remember now - that he's doing quite well in his transition right now and I believe if Oscar doesn't bring his A game next season that Willian will rightfully and deservedly misplace him.

today anything good came from Willian