Willian

Jase

No it isn't his job. The sides main creators are Hazard and Oscar.

Yeah his job is to score goals....oh wait he is not doing that.

I don't agree with the poster you are replaying to, but he is a creative player that is his greatest strength. As an attacker he is definitely not a runner like Schurrle or Salah, he is at his best when on the ball and create for others.

He was fantastic against PSG and Stoke, i hope he continues his progress.

I don't agree with the poster you are replaying to, but he is a creative player that is his greatest strength. As an attacker he is definitely not a runner like Schurrle or Salah, he is at his best when on the ball and create for others.

How can you not agree with me that he needs to create more chances?!?!

How can you not agree with me that he needs to create more chances?!?!

You are right he needs to create more, but lately he has been doing good and deserves the praise he has been getting. Overall yeah he needs to improve.

He kinda of lost his place in the last month and came back recently. Just saying.

He got sent off, that's why he lost his spot.

Again, he is a creative player and should be assisting and scoring more but he isn't being used regularly as one by the manager, that's the difference.

It's no coincidence that when he is thrusted with being the side's main creator ala versus Stoke that he suddenly created and scores. Even Mata who played the Willian role now and then before he left couldn't assist or score anywhere near as much as he did last year.

Mourinho is marginalising his attacking role so we're more balanced as a team. I'm pretty sure when we have a more complete team next season we'll see the best of Willian more often.

He lost his place because he got red carded against Villa.

You are right he needs to create more, but lately he has been doing good and deserves the praise he has been getting. Overall yeah he needs to improve.

I can't say he was better than Oscar or Schurrle against PSG.

Vs Stoke he was good but still didn't create chances but he also didn't need to make as much since he was played at the number 10 role. I don't think he is doing enough with his capabilties

He got sent off, that's why he lost his spot.

Again, he is a creative player and should be assisting and scoring more but he isn't being used regularly as one by the manager, that's the difference.

It's no coincidence that when he is thrusted with being the side's main creator ala versus Stoke that he suddenly created and scores. Even Mata who played the Willian role now and then before he left couldn't assist or score anywhere near as much as he did last year.

Mourinho is marginalising his attacking role so we're more balanced as a team. I'm pretty sure when we have a more complete team next season we'll see the best of Willian more often.

Techniquily he is brilliant! But he isn't a smart player and will never be. He fails to pass at the right time, his vision isn't good enough. He is predictable.

I can't say he was better than Oscar or Schurrle against PSG.

Vs Stoke he was good but still didn't create chances but he also didn't need to make as much since he was played at the number 10 role. I don't think he is doing enough with his capabilties

You keep moving the goalposts, you are now comparing him to other players in a match, but previously it was he wasn't assisting enough....make up your mind.

Against Stoke he played as #10, he was magnificent and scored. I'm really not sure what you aren't getting about all this.

Techniquily he is brilliant! But he isn't a smart player and will never be. He fails to pass at the right time, his vision isn't good enough. He is predictable.

We haven't seen enough of him to judge him in that manner in my opinion.

Like I said, he's not being instructed by our manager to create, his role in the team is to balance our attack and therefore his attacking contributions are maligned.

He's not a winger, he's a number 10, and when number 10s play out wide their offensive contribution isn't as great. Besides, this is also his first season in the PL - he's still acclimatising. At least give him another season to fully prove his attacking threat.

You keep moving the goalposts, you are now comparing him to other players in a match, but previously it was he wasn't assisting enough....make up your mind.

Against Stoke he played as #10, he was magnificent and scored. I'm really not sure what you aren't getting about all this.

Willian was good in the last 2 matches. True. But for me he isn't worth the money we paid for him. He still hasn't produced enough in my opinion. I hope he will in the future.

We haven't seen enough of him to judge him in that manner in my opinion.

Like I said, he's not being instructed by our manager to create, his role in the team is to balance our attack and therefore his attacking contributions are maligned.

He's not a winger, he's a number 10, and when number 10s play out wide their offensive contribution isn't as great. Besides, this is also his first season in the PL - he's still acclimatising. At least give him another season to fully prove his attacking threat.

His job is to create. "Balance our attack" ? What does that exactly mean?

Willian was good in the last 2 matches. True. But for me he isn't worth the money we paid for him. He still hasn't produced enough in my opinion. I hope he will in the future.

Now you are speaking about what he is, or isn't worth......I absolute hate discussing what player X is worth it's such a boring and worthless debate. This is his first season under a whole new philosophy I keep saying that, under a new manager and a new system, the lad has to have time to adapt.

How can he create when Hazard and Oscar are the ones who carry the ball the most in our attack?

His role is what he's been praised for all season - his defensive abilities, his work rate, leading the high press, recovering and laying the ball off to our main playmakers in the team in Hazard and Oscar... He's often instructed to drop back too much in order to connect play and provide more defensive solidity.

Look at his average positioning against PSG for example:

phase1_2877121a.jpg

How is he meant to create if he's constantly not even in the final third? As I said before, the role Mourinho has given him when he plays on the right is not to be a creator but more of a facilitator for our attack.

Again, as he's shown against Stoke - if he is entrusted in his natural role he'll create and score. People have misunderstood his role in the team if they think he's our prime creator or is meant to be consistently scoring goals.

Willian is the "assist before the actual assist" type of player.

The sad part looking thqt diagram is azpi play lower tha iva.

Its only positive to have hardworker in the team and his main job is to put pressure on opponent.

However, this also gives opponents more chance to focus on Hazard and Oscar (double mark them), because Willian isnt as dangerous.

Eventualy, he will have to improve in final third, Oscar too. Our attacks are quite unbalanced, most chances comming from Eden's side.

Personaly, I dont demand goals or assists from him. What he has to improve is to not lose the ball in attack. He often makes silly decision; dribbling till losing ball or bad pass. If he can put balanced link in our attack instead of wasting many attacks, I will be more than happy with him.