test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

10. Willian

Started by Jason,

6,509 posts in this topic

He's rated because he puts in one hell of a shift for the team, what he lacks in some areas he makes up in others, what's not to understand?

His work rate is great but still he isn't producing enough chances.

He is the closest one, from our ams, who can play in the pivon like dlp, and he did it then Frank was sub. But won't happened on permanent basis with Jose, he prefer power and stamina in that line.

His work rate is great but still he isn't producing enough chances.

That point is valid,but like I said before he is now being molded into a completely different player to that of what we seen at Donetsk. He was just an attacking midfielder, nothing else and wasn't even asked to track back and work hard on and off the ball, he is here.

I really don't understand why you guys praise Willian so high. He is not creating enough chances which is his job.

No it isn't his job. The sides main creators are Hazard and Oscar.
Barbara likes this

No. His job is to create chances like Hazard does. Oscar's job is to set up the game. He should be the playmaker. Pass, organize and also create chances.

Fact is Willian is not doing enough.

No. His job is to create chances like Hazard does. Oscar's job is to set up the game. He should be the playmaker. Pass, organize and also create chances.

Fact is Willian is not doing enough.

If he isn't doing enough why is he constantly selected?

Yeah his job is to score goals....oh wait he is not doing that.

I don't agree with the poster you are replaying to, but he is a creative player that is his greatest strength. As an attacker he is definitely not a runner like Schurrle or Salah, he is at his best when on the ball and create for others.

He was fantastic against PSG and Stoke, i hope he continues his progress.

If he isn't doing enough why is he constantly selected?

He kinda of lost his place in the last month and came back recently. Just saying.

I don't agree with the poster you are replaying to, but he is a creative player that is his greatest strength. As an attacker he is definitely not a runner like Schurrle or Salah, he is at his best when on the ball and create for others.

How can you not agree with me that he needs to create more chances?!?!

How can you not agree with me that he needs to create more chances?!?!

You are right he needs to create more, but lately he has been doing good and deserves the praise he has been getting. Overall yeah he needs to improve.

He kinda of lost his place in the last month and came back recently. Just saying.

He got sent off, that's why he lost his spot.

Again, he is a creative player and should be assisting and scoring more but he isn't being used regularly as one by the manager, that's the difference.

It's no coincidence that when he is thrusted with being the side's main creator ala versus Stoke that he suddenly created and scores. Even Mata who played the Willian role now and then before he left couldn't assist or score anywhere near as much as he did last year.

Mourinho is marginalising his attacking role so we're more balanced as a team. I'm pretty sure when we have a more complete team next season we'll see the best of Willian more often.

Mohammed Seif and Barbara like this

He lost his place because he got red carded against Villa.

You are right he needs to create more, but lately he has been doing good and deserves the praise he has been getting. Overall yeah he needs to improve.

I can't say he was better than Oscar or Schurrle against PSG.

Vs Stoke he was good but still didn't create chances but he also didn't need to make as much since he was played at the number 10 role. I don't think he is doing enough with his capabilties

He got sent off, that's why he lost his spot.

Again, he is a creative player and should be assisting and scoring more but he isn't being used regularly as one by the manager, that's the difference.

It's no coincidence that when he is thrusted with being the side's main creator ala versus Stoke that he suddenly created and scores. Even Mata who played the Willian role now and then before he left couldn't assist or score anywhere near as much as he did last year.

Mourinho is marginalising his attacking role so we're more balanced as a team. I'm pretty sure when we have a more complete team next season we'll see the best of Willian more often.

Techniquily he is brilliant! But he isn't a smart player and will never be. He fails to pass at the right time, his vision isn't good enough. He is predictable.

The Chels likes this

I can't say he was better than Oscar or Schurrle against PSG.

Vs Stoke he was good but still didn't create chances but he also didn't need to make as much since he was played at the number 10 role. I don't think he is doing enough with his capabilties

You keep moving the goalposts, you are now comparing him to other players in a match, but previously it was he wasn't assisting enough....make up your mind.

Against Stoke he played as #10, he was magnificent and scored. I'm really not sure what you aren't getting about all this.

Techniquily he is brilliant! But he isn't a smart player and will never be. He fails to pass at the right time, his vision isn't good enough. He is predictable.

We haven't seen enough of him to judge him in that manner in my opinion.

Like I said, he's not being instructed by our manager to create, his role in the team is to balance our attack and therefore his attacking contributions are maligned.

He's not a winger, he's a number 10, and when number 10s play out wide their offensive contribution isn't as great. Besides, this is also his first season in the PL - he's still acclimatising. At least give him another season to fully prove his attacking threat.

You keep moving the goalposts, you are now comparing him to other players in a match, but previously it was he wasn't assisting enough....make up your mind.

Against Stoke he played as #10, he was magnificent and scored. I'm really not sure what you aren't getting about all this.

Willian was good in the last 2 matches. True. But for me he isn't worth the money we paid for him. He still hasn't produced enough in my opinion. I hope he will in the future.

We haven't seen enough of him to judge him in that manner in my opinion.

Like I said, he's not being instructed by our manager to create, his role in the team is to balance our attack and therefore his attacking contributions are maligned.

He's not a winger, he's a number 10, and when number 10s play out wide their offensive contribution isn't as great. Besides, this is also his first season in the PL - he's still acclimatising. At least give him another season to fully prove his attacking threat.

His job is to create. "Balance our attack" ? What does that exactly mean?

Willian was good in the last 2 matches. True. But for me he isn't worth the money we paid for him. He still hasn't produced enough in my opinion. I hope he will in the future.

Now you are speaking about what he is, or isn't worth......I absolute hate discussing what player X is worth it's such a boring and worthless debate. This is his first season under a whole new philosophy I keep saying that, under a new manager and a new system, the lad has to have time to adapt.