Willian

Jase

Dont see the outrage in all honesty.

Its just a shirt number. Yeah fair enough number 10 is iconic in football history with the likes of Maradonna, Pele, Messi etc but still its just a number and in reality means bugger all as it doesnt make a player any better or any worse.

Also as stated by someone else, if Hazard didnt wear it beforehand it really really wouldnt be half the issue I feel. And also, if fucking Yossi Benayoun could wear the number 10 for us why shouldn't Willian 🤣 Hes probably one of the most senior players in the squad in attacking areas, has been here for what 7 seasons, been a regular player throughout that time so I dont see why its really a massive issue or debate as if we have a genuine major contender for who should of taken it instead. Callum was obviously who many wanted to take it being a young English, homegrown academy player but he definitely still has work to do to get such a prestigious shirt number if you will, but again I honestly don't care who wears what number except for that time Cuadrado wanted the number 74 or whatever when we initially signed him.

Why does everyone hate Willian lol

Been a great player for this club and whilst has never hit the heights of hazard etc has always been a very useful no. 2.

Let the kids earn the no. 10 after all its just a number. CHO when fit will get a shit ton of minutes

10 minutes ago, Hutcho said:

Been a great player for this club and whilst has never hit the heights of hazard etc has always been a very useful no. 2.

Let the kids earn the no. 10 after all its just a number. CHO when fit will get a shit ton of minutes

he has been shit for years in so so many games, far more tan he has been great

his best years where when we were dregs 

ball hog, not a team player

locker room poison¨selfish Brasilian shit-stirrer

was a little bitch and tossed his kid under the bus on

Image result for willian conte

Our squad is better with him in it that not. I don't agree he's been that bad at all. He's had bad games but who hasnt.
The overreaction over the squad numbers is baffling to me to be honest.

Who were people expecting to get it? CHO? Who has many years to get it....

It's just a number. Our captain wears 28 who cares

14 hours ago, Hutcho said:

because he scores about 5 league goals a decade and undermined our manager on social media

9 hours ago, The Skipper said:

I’m mad because Willian clearly has this club by its balls. 

and now they are talking about a 2 year (not 1) extension, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

ffs :rant:

Chelsea seek treble contract boost as they enter talks with Willian, Tammy Abraham and Reece James over new long-term deals with all three set for significant first-team roles next season

Willian, Tammy Abraham and Reece James are in all line for contract extensions
All three players are expected to play a significant role for Chelsea next season 
Chelsea officials are confident that Willian will agree to a new two-year contract
James is also set to land a new deal after Chelsea rejected several bids for him
They are also keen to extend Abraham's existing deal, which expires in 2022

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7315189/Chelsea-target-treble-contract-boost-Willian-Tammy-Abraham-Reece-James.html

9 hours ago, The Skipper said:

I’m mad because Willian clearly has this club by its balls. 

Blame the board. God knows why they're still happy over keeping an average player. Could have gotten over 50 million (or whatever it was) for him last summer!

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Blame the board. God knows why they're still happy over keeping an average player. Could have gotten over 50 million (or whatever it was) for him last summer!

£65m:rant:

Football transfer news and rumours: 'Chelsea consider £65m Barcelona bid for Willian'

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/07/23/football-transfer-news-rumours-chelsea-consider-65m-barcelona2/

Matt Law hammered Willian too, later on, on of the very rare times Law has had a go at a Chels player and the board in public

2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

and now they are talking about a 2 year (not 1) extension, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

ffs :rant:

Chelsea seek treble contract boost as they enter talks with Willian, Tammy Abraham and Reece James over new long-term deals with all three set for significant first-team roles next season

Willian, Tammy Abraham and Reece James are in all line for contract extensions
All three players are expected to play a significant role for Chelsea next season 
Chelsea officials are confident that Willian will agree to a new two-year contract
James is also set to land a new deal after Chelsea rejected several bids for him
They are also keen to extend Abraham's existing deal, which expires in 2022

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7315189/Chelsea-target-treble-contract-boost-Willian-Tammy-Abraham-Reece-James.html

I take this as a two year contract not two year extension. As he still has a year left on his contract at present, it would effectively be a one year extension which I would be in agreement with because we still have him under contract at the end of the season, whether it's having him for another year because he has performed well enough this coming season, or still retaining a transfer fee to sell him next summer.

If it's a two year extension (i.e. 3 year contract essentially) then that would definitely be too much.

3 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I take this as a two year contract not two year extension. As he still has a year left on his contract at present, it would effectively be a one year extension which I would be in agreement with because we still have him under contract at the end of the season, whether it's having him for another year because he has performed well enough this coming season, or still retaining a transfer fee to sell him next summer.

If it's a two year extension (i.e. 3 year contract essentially) then that would definitely be too much.

I do not think that is correct. I read it as he will sign a new 2 year contract, meaning 2 years on top of this year. Why would they include an already contracted year into a statement?  If he was only adding one more year onto this one, it would say that.

I hope you are right and I am wrong.

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

I do not think that is correct. I read it as he will sign a new 2 year contract, meaning 2 years on top of this year. Why would they include an already contracted year into a statement?  If he was only adding one more year onto this one, it would say that.

I hope you are right and I am wrong.

Because it is usually worded in the press as an extension if it's added to the existing contract.

I read a 2 year contract as a 2 year contract, nothing more.

I guess we'll see when it's all finalised. Hopefully it's just a 2 year deal.

2 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Because it is usually worded in the press as an extension if it's added to the existing contract.

Pretty sure it's that. For example, Hazard signed a five-year contract when he joined in June 2012 and then in February 2015, he signed a five-and-a-half year contract extension. His initial contract was meant to expire in the summer of 2017 and the extension extended it by 3 years. It wasn't five years added after 2017. They usually add the extension length on top of the remaining contract length left. 

20 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I literally, whether in football or any other endeavour in life, have never heard of an announced two year contract that included a contracted year already existing, so in effect it is just a 1 year extension. If you could point me to such a deal, it would help your case.

Multiple reports call it a 2 year extension, btw.

Chelsea fans furious with 2-year contract for Willian amid No 10 jersey row

https://www.legit.ng/1250922-fans-furious-2-year-contract-extension-brazilian-no-10-jersey-row.html

Chelsea fans are unhappy Willian is set to sign new two-year deal despite No 10 shirt controversy - The Brazilian is currently on vacation after representing his country at Copa America 2019 - Willian is in the final 12 months of his contract at Stamford Bridge

Willian, Chelsea star, is reportedly closing in on a 2-year extension at Stamford Bridge-but Blues fans are unhappy with the development. According to UK Sun citing Times, the Selecao midfielder is in the final 12 months of his contract at Stamford Bridge, but the Brazilian is still on vacation after representing his nation at the 2019 Copa America. 

snip

if you are right (you are saying it means his NEW contract ends in 2021), why would this go into the only one year deal if you are over 30 stance?

Chelsea news: Willian reportedly on the verge of signing new two-year deal at the club

Chelsea have previously had a policy of only handing one-year deals to players aged over 30 but their transfer ban has caused the club to go back on their principles

https://talksport.com/football/558770/chelsea-willian-close-new-two-year-deal/

Willian latest: New contract 'agreed', no.10 shirt claim, Brazilian sends message to Lampard

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/transfer-news/willian-new-chelsea-contract-latest-16451628

snip

It is reported that Willian is after a two year extension to his deal, where the club are only willing to offer him one further year due to his age.

snip

'KILL ME' 

Chelsea fans slam ‘terrible’ news that Willian’s set to sign new two-year deal despite No10 shirt gaffe

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/9579666/chelsea-willian-contract-two-years/

WILLIAN is reportedly set to pen a two-year contract extension at Chelsea - and their fans are not happy.

The Brazilian is entering his final year at Stamford Bridge but is yet to return to the squad for pre-season.

snip