test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

10. Willian

Started by Jason,

6,174 posts in this topic

Buy Sancho. Hudson-Odoi will want to leave as soon as he has a good season. The “yet” comment means his mind is still elsewhere, despite re-signing.

I'd go for Hakim Ziyech, left footer playing on the right with insane vision. We got to see that last Wednesday 
I would go for him too. He is just World class and would improve us immediately

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

I would go for him too. He is just World class and would improve us immediately

On paper maybe, but I can't help but feel there must be a reason no one is picking him up, same with Alex Telles.

On paper maybe, but I can't help but feel there must be a reason no one is picking him up, same with Alex Telles.
All teams underestimated him. He also never had an serious injury. The longest time he missed due to injury was 20 Days.
Suarez also played way too long for Ajax because Top teams did not rate him even though he was World class back then. Ajax players don't get the respect they deserve

1905didierblue and Simon1991 like this

2 hours ago, killer1257 said:

All teams underestimated him. He also never had an serious injury. The longest time he missed due to injury was 20 Days.
Suarez also played way too long for Ajax because Top teams did not rate him even though he was World class back then. Ajax players don't get the respect they deserve

Think it's a tricky one. Ajax have a specific style, way of playing and they get players who fit into that and ensure both the players and team flourish. Tadic, for example, looked bang average at Southampton but went to Ajax and has suddenly looked like a world beater. Also, players who come to the Premier League from the Eredivisie have struggled more often than not over the years. Might explain why PL clubs are reluctant to sign players from that league. 

Bosnian Blue, Vesper and Fernando like this

On 10/11/2019 at 3:23 PM, Atomiswave said:

Does not matter what Sarii wanted, there comes a time when you see a good deal you take it. He was what 30 then? And barca put 55-65m on the table or something?

Shit if Sarii were here ´we would be seeing Alonso game in game out.

£65m, right around July 24th, 2028, when we were leaving Australia

Willian was 29, turned 30 around 16 days later (August 9th)

fuck Sarri and fuck Marina if that was the reason why he wasn't sold

I still think we might cave in and offer him a 2 year extension (or at least 1 year)

which, IF we do buy Sancho, I will not freak out on (and sell him in 2021 (if a 2 year), even though he will be almost 33 then, we can still get £10-15m or so for him I wager, he seems the type that can play to 35, 36 as a sub, especially in a slower league like Serie A)

I can be more than happy with

LW Pulisic

LW CHO

RW Sancho

RW Willian

for next year

all of them can play either wing too (just not equally as well)

Atomiswave and Johnnyeye like this

On 11/12/2019 at 0:40 AM, Jason said:

Which does beg the question, would Lampard sign another experienced player next summer or would he go after Sancho? 

I don't think experience is the key here. It depend more on what is lampard vision for this team. That will determine what kind of winger that he want. 

3 minutes ago, communicate said:

I don't think experience is the key here. It depend more on what is lampard vision for this team. That will determine what kind of winger that he want. 

You're kinda saying the same thing there. Lampard may well want an experienced player to complement the young players in attack. 

Just now, Jason said:

You're kinda saying the same thing there. Lampard may well want an experienced player to complement the young players in attack. 

I am talking more on the quality that he bring. Take for example if Lampard envision 

Tammy

Puli/Cho - Mount - rw

I hate to pop people dream but Sancho won't be the best fit for that RW position. We pretty much need another Willian. 

1905didierblue likes this

Just now, communicate said:

I am talking more on the quality that he bring. Take for example if Lampard envision 

Tammy

Puli/Cho - Mount - rw

I hate to pop people dream but Sancho won't be the best fit for that RW position. We pretty much need another Willian. 

Well, that's your vision. :ph34r:

15 minutes ago, Jason said:

Well, that's your vision. :ph34r:

😁😁😁

LOL True, hopefully same with Lamp.

With that lineup we need absolute monster of midfield to recover the ball, maybe two destroyer. 

4 hours ago, communicate said:

Tammy

Puli/Cho - Mount - rw

This. Pulisic is brilliant in the final 3rd. Defensively he does put in a shift, but the only gripe I would have with him is that he is not much of a ball carrier or a ball recoverer. Willian is most dangerous when running with the ball in mid rather than the final 3rd. So if we can get someone like willian but with a better output in the final 3rd. 

1 hour ago, 1905didierblue said:

This. Pulisic is brilliant in the final 3rd. Defensively he does put in a shift, but the only gripe I would have with him is that he is not much of a ball carrier or a ball recoverer. Willian is most dangerous when running with the ball in mid rather than the final 3rd. So if we can get someone like willian but with a better output in the final 3rd. 

Asking player to be a ball carrier and be consistent in final 3rd is very2 difficult because you spend tons of energy to bring the ball forward and take on player now you need to deliver fantastic pass.

Not many player can do that. Basically you want a Hazard that is also a good defender, good luck finding such player. 

On 11/14/2019 at 8:29 PM, 1905didierblue said:

On 11/14/2019 at 10:16 PM, communicate said:

Asking player to be a ball carrier and be consistent in final 3rd is very2 difficult because you spend tons of energy to bring the ball forward and take on player now you need to deliver fantastic pass.

Not many player can do that. Basically you want a Hazard that is also a good defender, good luck finding such player. 

Am curious to know or see what is Lampard's long term plan with Pulisic and CHO. Hard to see them fighting over the same spot in the coming years. Are they really gonna play only on the left? Lampard convinced CHO to stay and Pulisic has shown what he can do - albeit on the left but he can play on the right - and Lampard has also said he would be a big player for us. :dunno:

9 hours ago, Jason said:

Am curious to know or see what is Lampard's long term plan with Pulisic and CHO. Hard to see them fighting over the same spot in the coming years. Are they really gonna play only on the left? Lampard convinced CHO to stay and Pulisic or has shown what he can do - albeit on the left but he can play on the right - and Lampard has also said he would be a big player for us. :dunno:

We seem to have caught the Man.United bug of having a constant stream of players that are better on the left and a shadow of themselves on the right.

Johnnyeye likes this

9 hours ago, Jason said:

Am curious to know or see what is Lampard's long term plan with Pulisic and CHO. Hard to see them fighting over the same spot in the coming years. Are they really gonna play only on the left? Lampard convinced CHO to stay and Pulisic or has shown what he can do - albeit on the left but he can play on the right - and Lampard has also said he would be a big player for us. :dunno:

I think we will get a clearer idea in the coming months. 3 wingers (Cho, pulisic, willian) will be rotated. Will be interesting to see lamps' plans.

19 hours ago, Jason said:

Am curious to know or see what is Lampard's long term plan with Pulisic and CHO. Hard to see them fighting over the same spot in the coming years. Are they really gonna play only on the left? Lampard convinced CHO to stay and Pulisic has shown what he can do - albeit on the left but he can play on the right - and Lampard has also said he would be a big player for us. :dunno:

For me, both CHO and Pulisic can play on the right, no problem. The problem with the two of them playing together is just both of them are very direct. I personally think if we are not in top 4 race, I can see lamp trying

Cho - Tammy - Puli 

Mount

combo more. 

The problem with those front 4 is our midfield need to be very2 strong in ball recovery and we need to be very2 secure at the back. 

kellzfresh likes this

21 hours ago, 1905didierblue said:

I think we will get a clearer idea in the coming months. 3 wingers (Cho, pulisic, willian) will be rotated. Will be interesting to see lamps' plans.

Don't think so, barring injury or massive drop in form, Willian is our starting RW.