Willian

Jase

2 minutes ago, Vybzkartel said:

I just dont understand why the board and Chelsea players highly rate him. He is not good enough

Because hes a good player probably?

He isnt the flashy Hazard or Brazilian wingers of past, but there is a reason he plays for Brazil, theres a reason he starts for us, theres a reason nobody(in power) wants to give him up, and theres a reason why one of the biggest clubs in the world keep trying to get him. You know what you are going to get from him the vast majority of the time, and in a world where Cuadrados,Alonsos, and Moratas are prevalent that means something to have a consistently high level(Note:not the highest level) guy like him in your squad.

His documentary series on Youtube is pretty good too:

6 minutes ago, Costa19 said:

With the latest news in The Times about Chelsea and Bayern negotiations for CHO i can’t understand how people can be mad at Sarri for not wanting to lose Willian. We can’t compete for top four with only Hazard and Pedro lol.

Link??

12 minutes ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

Because hes a good player probably?

He isnt the flashy Hazard or Brazilian wingers of past, but there is a reason he plays for Brazil, theres a reason he starts for us, theres a reason nobody(in power) wants to give him up, and theres a reason why one of the biggest clubs in the world keep trying to get him. You know what you are going to get from him the vast majority of the time, and in a world where Cuadrados,Alonsos, and Moratas are prevalent that means something to have a consistently high level(Note:not the highest level) guy like him in your squad.

His documentary series on Youtube is pretty good too:

2 assists in 20 games is good enough?. Less goals than Marcos Alonso in 2 years is good enough?? Finishing outside of the top 4 twice in 3 years is good enough? By the way ever since Willian became a regular we have pretty much regressed as a club. All our success in the past has come from our wingers being able to score lots of goals. Even when we won the Europa league in 2013 every single one of our attacker had 10 plus goals (even Victor Moses) Willian is overrated because of his passport. If he was English or African he would be nowhere near Chelsea. 

11 minutes ago, Vybzkartel said:

Link??

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/chelsea-and-bayern-munich-at-loggerheads-over-callum-hudson-odoi-deal-5kf22xmmb?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1547226712

Chelsea’s negotiations with Bayern Munich over the potential sale of Callum Hudson-Odoi are being complicated by their demand for a buy-back clause for the 18-year-old, to which the German champions are reluctant to agree.”

Looks like the deal is pending over a buy-back clause. CHO is probably gone soon. 

1 minute ago, Vybzkartel said:

2 assists in 20 games is good enough?. Less goals than Marcos Alonso in 2 years is good enough?? Finishing outside of the top 4 twice in 3 years is good enough? By the way ever since Willian became a regular we have pretty much regressed as a club. All our success in the past has come from our wingers being able to score lots of goals. Even when we won the Europa league in 2013 every single one of our attacker had 10 plus goals (even Victor Moses) Willian is overrated because of his passport. If he was English or African he would be nowhere near Chelsea. 

We've won two premier league trophies with Willian playing a big part in them. His game is more than assists in goal as he provides workrates on and off the ball and helps balance the side. I do agree he should contribute more in goals and assists, but really thats not his complete job.

I'd say our regression has more to do with Alonso's slow ass trying to attack too much to overcompensate for the lack of a striker(Conte's poor man management skills) to take off the burden of our wingers. The same people mad at Willian for not liking Conte's miserable ass are the same people calling Fabregas a legend as he leaves when we know he downed tools for Mourinho. Ive never seen Willian quit on a manager despite the picture if we are being honest.

1 minute ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

We've won two premier league trophies with Willian playing a big part in them. His game is more than assists in goal as he provides workrates on and off the ball and helps balance the side. I do agree he should contribute more in goals and assists, but really thats not his complete job.

I'd say our regression has more to do with Alonso's slow ass trying to attack too much to overcompensate for the lack of a striker(Conte's poor man management skills) to take off the burden of our wingers. The same people mad at Willian for not liking Conte's miserable ass are the same people calling Fabregas a legend as he leaves when we know he downed tools for Mourinho. Ive never seen Willian quit on a manager despite the picture if we are being honest.

The common factor in those 2 premier league wins is actually Willian not staring. IN Conte's Chelsea Psdre started majority of the games. In the Mourinho title it was Schurrle who was starting most games. 

11 minutes ago, Vybzkartel said:

The common factor in those 2 premier league wins is actually Willian not staring. IN Conte's Chelsea Psdre started majority of the games. In the Mourinho title it was Schurrle who was starting most games. 

Schurrle started 5 PL games in 14/15 and left for Wolfsburg in January.

20 minutes ago, Vybzkartel said:

Come on now you and i both know Mourinho loved Willian nearly as much as he loved Ivanovic:lol:

He was a big part of both those squads.

1 hour ago, Robchels said:

I don't disagree that willian should be sold and that Chelsea may be holding to him for too long. I am trying to understand what the clubs want with him... what he offers at the moment, what they want, and we don't want to lose.

Personally I feel like Willian flatters to deceive.  He has a great engine, great close control, he can carry the ball with relative ease.  The problem always seems to come when he gets to the final third.  At 30 and having played professionally for as long as he has, I would expect for him to have a better understanding of when to pass and when to drive past defenders and shoot.  It just seems to take him a second or two to make a decision and that's more then the split seconds usually afforded in real time to be successful.  I like Willian and yet he frustrates me almost more then any other player we have for this reason.  You look at him break away and you think here it comes, and just as quickly it's there it goes.  Again, and again, and again.  Not to mention his stop the ball and allow defenders to get into position specialty.  Sorry, I've gone off on a bit of a rant.

I think Barca see that he has good close control, he can resist pressure and carry the ball.  In there system, which I think is more possession based then what Sarri's was at Napoli and supposedly what we are working towards here, he's great for them.  He can hold the ball, control it in tight spaces and keep it circulating for them.  I honestly think he probably brings more to the table for Barca then he does us as I don't think we really want to just hold onto the ball.  We want to move it quickly forward and open up the defense with quick passes and movement rather then holding it and slowly probing.  Although that does describe the way we've been playing lately.  He just doesn't make quick enough decisions for a quick tempo attack in my mind.

All that being said, he's been playing for a long time and he's been part of Chelsea for a long time.  We have a coach who is at his highest profile job ever and has been here for 6 months and had really no preseason what to speak of with the team.  We are also known for not having patience with managers so I can understand his reluctance to let Willian leave while we're in a fight for 4th and having injuries left, right, and center.  It could very well be Sarri's job on the line and as much as we may want CHO to be starting every game or most of them the rest of the season I can kind of understand why Sarri would hedge on keeping the veteran Willian around.

21 minutes ago, Henrique said:

The team cannot afford to lose William. Simple as that, not because he is superb, but because at the moment the squad is so weak that William is an essential player.

An essential player to do nothing?

CHO has offer more in late game then Willian. 

Playing him is like playing with one less player. 

10 minutes ago, Henrique said:

The team cannot afford to lose William. Simple as that, not because he is superb, but because at the moment the squad is so weak that William is an essential player.

Yeah. Can't belive how people can be mad at Sarri for saying he don't wanna lose Willian. It's like people think we can compete with only Hazard and Pedro as wingers since CHO probably will go. And then even if CHO stays we can't survive on only 3 wingers. We need Willian.

10 minutes ago, Costa19 said:

Yeah. Can't belive how people can be mad at Sarri for saying he don't wanna lose Willian. It's like people think we can compete with only Hazard and Pedro as wingers since CHO probably will go. And then even if CHO stays we can't survive on only 3 wingers. We need Willian.

thats why malcolm was offerd in the deal. Rlc or barkley could also play on the wing at need. No reason why we couldn't buy another winger at short notice either.

18 minutes ago, Fernando said:

An essential player to do nothing?

CHO has offer more in late game then Willian. 

Playing him is like playing with one less player. 

The only thing CHO offer right now is that he is a Chelsea player wanted by Bayern.