Willian

Jase

7 minutes ago, dreamcfc said:

A player that starts almost every game this season, is an important player in my opinion. Just because he has under performed in terms of goals/assists, does not mean he hasn't played a big role in the first half of the season.

Sure, he hasn't scored 40 goals but he is still a big part of the team every week, replacing him with someone who probably can't even speak English mid January is not something i'm getting excited about to be honest. As I said, if it was 50m cash then it's another story.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I appreciate what Willian has given us over the years but I think it's plainly time to move on from him.  I don't see many more opportunities to sell him on that are going to be available to us.  He hasn't had a great season and he's only getting older.  Honestly I thought we'd missed our last chance last summer to sell him.

Also, we'd be looking to sell him in the summer anyway.  He has 18 months left on his contract.  Selling him for anything and getting someone younger in (who has potential), is a plus.  There's a good chance that he's going to leave on a free any way.

12 minutes ago, dreamcfc said:

A player that starts almost every game this season, is an important player in my opinion. Just because he has under performed in terms of goals/assists, does not mean he hasn't played a big role in the first half of the season.

Sure, he hasn't scored 40 goals but he is still a big part of the team every week, replacing him with someone who probably can't even speak English mid January is not something i'm getting excited about to be honest. As I said, if it was 50m cash then it's another story.

big role????tumblr_m033icylfF1ql5d6ao1_500.gifHe's played a big role us dropping points, i'll give him that

7 minutes ago, lucio said:

big role????tumblr_m033icylfF1ql5d6ao1_500.gifHe's played a big role us dropping points, i'll give him that

Let's play Man City again and only swap Willian for Malcom then.

It's all matter of opinion, of course and I see i'm in the minority here ...  i'm not trying to say Willian is not replaceable and we shouldn't sell him,

Just don't see any benefit on selling him if we are only bringing in a "CURRENTLY" inferior replacement for the sake of 10-15million?

11 minutes ago, kc_blue said:

I appreciate what Willian has given us over the years but I think it's plainly time to move on from him.  I don't see many more opportunities to sell him on that are going to be available to us.  He hasn't had a great season and he's only getting older.  Honestly I thought we'd missed our last chance last summer to sell him.

I was totally fine with Willian up until Conte's last year

2015-17 he was really really good

then

he fucking pissed me off with emojigate and started also playing like shit (and is worse now) 

I thought he MIGHT overcome and turn it around

he is still pacey (when he wants to be)

he is capable of great defence for a winger

but he is footballing brain DEAD

he slows up whole system BADLY

he is also now a real ball hog