Willian

Jase

Just now, eemanyooel said:

Even at that then RLC will wanna move due to game time....signing vecino will shift him down the pecking order which I think will not do not to affect or distort his development....the only player the club won't mind doing that to RLC is SMS which I am sure will not happen due to his price tag....

I am not saying this is a good idea, I have been against the Vecino deal from the beginning, having watched him play a lot compared to (apparently, given the reactions) many here. Vecino is not being signed for the Barkely/RLC role. He is so not an AMF and goalscorer. I see him as a Uruguayan Drinkwater. Maybe not quite that bad, but ffs, they are/were literally 20 other CMF's in the £25 to £35m range who would be far far better for us to sign (or could have signed, but now already snatched.)

Leon Goretzka (should have signed him last summer (I have wanted him for years), he left on a FREE this year to Bayern, and he is MILES better than Vecino, lierally 2 different planets)

Roberto Gagliardini   Inter Milan  (would take him over Vecino is a flash, he scored against us a few days ago)

Houssem Aouar  Lyon

Jean Michaël Seri (Fulham stole him for £27m)

Geoffrey Kondogbia  Valencia

Mateo Kovacic     RM (probably above this budget limit, not sure)

Lorenzo Pellegrini    Roma

Kevin Strootman     Roma

Tanguy Ndombélé     Lyon (my number one choice)

Nicolò Barella  Cagliari

Bryan Cristante     Roma stole him for £22m from Atalanta, miles beyond Vecino

Dennis Praet   Sampdoria

Fabián Ruiz     Napoli stole him from a great little 2017-18 Real Betis team for £27m

Giacomo Bonaventura  AC Milan

Yuri Tielemans   Monaco

Manu Trigueros  Villarreal (a poor mans Fabregas, great value player)

Amadou Haidara RB Salzburg   superb 20yo CMF

Thomas Delaney   Borussia Dortmund   was superb for Denmark in WC, rock solid player, same age as Vecino

Jordan Veretout  Fiorentina 

Max Meyer   wild card, no team, so a free, let Schalke contract wind down, potentially world class, needs to get out of Germany, where pressure was insane

Willian speaks to Brazilian press and changes everything on Chelsea transfer

In an interview with Brazilian TV show Esporte Espetacular this Sunday, the player has claimed that he’s not moving away from London in the current transfer window.

“No, I’m back to England. I’m very happy at Chelsea. I’m very happy living in London,” Willian told Globo.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/willian-speaks-brazilian-press-changes-everything-chelsea-transfer/

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

Willian speaks to Brazilian press and changes everything on Chelsea transfer

In an interview with Brazilian TV show Esporte Espetacular this Sunday, the player has claimed that he’s not moving away from London in the current transfer window.

“No, I’m back to England. I’m very happy at Chelsea. I’m very happy living in London,” Willian told Globo.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/willian-speaks-brazilian-press-changes-everything-chelsea-transfer/

No no no no no no no no no ... The Horror!!!!

41 minutes ago, coolhead23 said:

No no no no no no no no no ... The Horror!!!!

Lets get things straight

I dont want the rat here. I think hes a cunt and i know we could do better.

BUT at the same time i think if anything would ever bting out the best in him it would be Sarris type of football.

I'm still crossing everything that we can deal him out - wherever! And the words would come out covered in bile but I'd still shout for the rat if I had to.

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

Lets get things straight

I dont want the rat here. I think hes a cunt and i know we could do better.

BUT at the same time i think if anything would ever bting out the best in him it would be Sarris type of football.

I'm still crossing everything that we can deal him out - wherever! And the words would come out covered in bile but I'd still shout for the rat if I had to.

There is no BUT for me, He wouldnt change ... doesnt matter what system u put him in ... In fact he will slow down the tempo in Sarri's system :)

Someone who can really benefit would be Pedro because he loves to play direct and Sarri's system is just apt for him.  

6 minutes ago, coolhead23 said:

There is no BUT for me, He wouldnt change ... doesnt matter what system u put him in ... In fact he will slow down the tempo in Sarri's system :)

Someone who can really benefit would be Pedro because he loves to play direct and Sarri's system is just apt for him.  

If Jose Callejon was 27 or 28 I would bite Napolis hand off to swap for a 27 or 28 YO Willian.

9 minutes ago, Vesper said:

If Jose Callejon was 27 or 28 I would bite Napolis hand off to swap for a 27 or 28 YO Willian.

I'm just thinking if push comes to shove and we have no alternatives but him and Pedro, We cant just keep him in the changing room cause hes a rat. Some cyanide might work tho?????

We need the best Callejon and Mertens as we can get.

And why Willian is a rat exactly ?

Because once time in his carreer he runs out to the tunnel after a sub cause he was angry ?

Or for the emoji cup on Conte's face in instagram ?

I don't get it really.

I find Willian has showed great commitment since he was arrived 5 years ago.

Always said and showed he loves the club,

Just last year was bad for his image because his relation with Conte was terrible.

We can criticize Willian for his lack of regularity but i'm sick to see all this exaggerations on him. Stop just keep the bad and pretend to forget all good thing Willian brought to us.

When we read this topic it look like we are talking about Marko Marin or worst.

Keep some common sense in your posts please.

57 minutes ago, Ayioros said:

And why Willian is a rat exactly ?

Because once time in his carreer he runs out to the tunnel after a sub cause he was angry ?

Or for the emoji cup on Conte's face in instagram ?

I don't get it really.

I find Willian has showed great commitment since he was arrived 5 years ago.

Always said and showed he loves the club,

Just last year was bad for his image because his relation with Conte was terrible.

We can criticize Willian for his lack of regularity but i'm sick to see all this exaggerations on him. Stop just keep the bad and pretend to forget all good thing Willian brought to us.

When we read this topic it look like we are talking about Marko Marin or worst.

Keep some common sense in your posts please.

Blimey all the negativity thats is aimed at him on here and you focus on him being called a rat!

47 minutes ago, Vesper said:

William just went AWOL and didn't show up to training camp

claims it is passport issues

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/6905429/willian-chelsea-training-passport/

Jeez, don't state it like it is a fact. The Sun or the Times claim it but where's the proof? Oh well, it's  propably a result of the slow news regarding transfers. People are getting restless and are cluthing at straws in there search for information. The straws being all the non-news, rumours etc. on the internet. The sad thing is that most people know this but are still making assumptions based on the drivel you  find on the internet. Que sera, sera...

I don't get this idea of Willian being a 'rat'. He made a mistake that was petulant and childish but we don't know what has gone on behind the scenes last season. Going on media reports, Conte has been difficult to work with and in particular seemed to give the Brazilians a hard time last season after the Diego Costa debacle. Is Willian any different to some of the old guard wanting managers like Scolari and AVB out of the club, his frustrations have simply come out in the public domain as opposed to privately. Everything I've read in the past is that he's a very popular and likeable member of the squad.

He's not the greatest player in the world but he's by no means the worst. The fact United and Barca have been sniffing round him this summer should suggest otherwise and given our struggles replacing Costa and Matic last summer I would be careful before he's just bombed out the club. 

Of course we could improve the RW area but Pedro and Willian are more than good enough to fill that position this season. I would be far more concerned with improving our striker and left back positions before the right wing.

18 minutes ago, herzogian said:

Jeez, don't state it like it is a fact. The Sun or the Times claim it but where's the proof? Oh well, it's  propably a result of the slow news regarding transfers. People are getting restless and are cluthing at straws in there search for information. The straws being all the non-news, rumours etc. on the internet. The sad thing is that most people know this but are still making assumptions based on the drivel you  find on the internet. Que sera, sera...

What part of what I posted isnt true? He did not show up, and now claims it is passport issues. Both those are facts, not rumours.

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

What part of what I posted isnt true? He did not show up, and now claims it is passport issues. Both those are facts, not rumours.

Mhm yes, but first of all I still don't see any proof of those "facts" except for the reporting in those papers. And secondly by using terms like 'AWOL' and  saying that 'he claims' you're implying that Willian is absent from training on purpose. Buying into the whole 'Willian wants to force a move'-narrative the tabloids are promoting right now. All  I'm saying is be more critical and have more patience.

Agreed.

If what you say is fact Vesper, then the facts we know are that Willian did not attend training today because he had passport issues, why is that anything to be concerned with, pretty normal is it not?

Doesn't mean he went AWOL and is refusing to come back etc. Ridiculous.

12 minutes ago, herzogian said:

Mhm yes, but first of all I still don't see any proof of those "facts" except for the reporting in those papers. And secondly by using terms like 'AWOL' and  saying that 'he claims' you're implying that Willian is absent from training on purpose. Buying into the whole 'Willian wants to force a move'-narrative the tabloids are promoting right now. All  I'm saying is be more critical and have more patience.

You can be AWOL without purposeful intent. All world cup players were given 3 weeks of vacation, and Brazil played their last game on the 6th. So yeah he is Awol.