test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fulham Broadway

Chelsea v Hull 1970s

Started by Fulham Broadway,

My dad talks about this game because he went with his ex wife (Wife at the time) who had knitted a massive chelsea scarf and he's been hoping he could see footage of it. I dunno if anyone remembers it but i can't seem to see it here. Maybe it was on the other side or maybe passed around before the game.

Fulham Broadway likes this

Good write up and good pic of Ray Wilkins and video -was at the game 76-77

seasonhttp://www.ambernectar.org/blog/2013/08/nostalgia-chelsea-fans-run-amok-as-city-take-a-hammering/

:tophat:

My dad talks about this game because he went with his ex wife (Wife at the time) who had knitted a massive chelsea scarf and he's been hoping he could see footage of it. I dunno if anyone remembers it but i can't seem to see it here. Maybe it was on the other side or maybe passed around before the game.

:tophat:

Great write up and a real quality clip of probably the first full scale pitch invasion in English Football. 43,000 in the 2nd Divison. Top times. Have a look at some of the fans during the pitch invasions, never seen so many Lionel's and bomber jackets in my life!

Great write up and a real quality clip of probably the first full scale pitch invasion in English Football. 43,000 in the 2nd Divison. Top times. Have a look at some of the fans during the pitch invasions, never seen so many Lionel's and bomber jackets in my life!

Its amazing how attitudes change; was hearing the other day how a handful of fans have been handed lifetime bans for going on the pitch -including a couple who congratulated fat frank.

Then I was watching Big Match Revisited on iTV and it was Fulham v QPR end of season game in the 70s. Not only were there hundreds on the pitch celebrating, complete with denim jackets, feather cuts, lionels and scarves round the wrists, quite a few were having a punch up as well. Anyway, when it cut back to the studio-Gerald Sinstadt or whatever, he said "marvellous scenes there at Craven Cottage" :D

PS Remember all the little blue invalid disabled cars that were allowed on th e edge of the pitchtp the right of the Shed

Changingman_2000 likes this

One thing has not changed Hull is still a dump to this day. Englands very own Belfast. Good for a confrontation though.