test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Spike

The Ice Hockey Thread

Started by Spike,

48 posts in this topic

KHL Medveščak 4:1 Dynamo Minsk (07.01.2014.)

0:1 Stas A.

1:1 Cheechoo J.

2:1 Jessiman H.

3:1 Murley M.

4:1 Popovic M.

1514987_635448166516758_1515236939_n.jpg

1505030_635513183176923_931915665_n.jpg

I'm waiting for the Olympics. Going to be some amazing hockey again. High hopes for Canada as always!

I was going to say the same but then I saw Canada's defensemen. The gap of quality between 2010's defense and this time's is quite bigger than I expected, tbh. Going from Niedermayer/Pronger to Hamhuis/Bouwmeester is pretty worrying. Also, Mike Smith doesn't deserve a spot on that team.

So, what are your thoughts about the Sochi?

I think sweden will be atleast in final, also hope our boys can surprise and finally bring medal :)

So, what are your thoughts about the Sochi?

I think sweden will be atleast in final, also hope our boys can surprise and finally bring medal :)

Canada is the best team and I'm being objective! I'd have Russia as easily the second favourite but close to Canada. After that, I'd say Sweden, USA, Finland, and Czech Republic are all pretty good. I can't see anyone else winning it. Slovakia has some good players and will be tough but hard to see them winning a medal.

Canada is the best team and I'm being objective! I'd have Russia as easily the second favourite but close to Canada. After that, I'd say Sweden, USA, Finland, and Czech Republic are all pretty good. I can't see anyone else winning it. Slovakia has some good players and will be tough but hard to see them winning a medal.

Canada have really strong team, but it's also their weakness imo, if i have to rate every team it will be:

Sweden: my favourite, good balance between hard workers, young talents and star players(i don't really know why i rate them past years so high)

Canada&Russia: Both have the best players imo, don't really know if it will work tho, btw. tourney will be on bigger pitch with EU standards ( don't know that word for hockey -.- ) so it may be disatvantage for usa&canada

I also rate Finland and USA very high, Switzerland can "surprise", they're very good lately ( silver medal last year )

I can't say nothing about CZE tho, I just want us to beat them...

Overall, it will be amazing fight as every olympics, but i still think one of the "top favorites(canada&russia) won't make it, it's the spirit of olympics, high pressure and stuff, if i remember correctly last olympics was disaster for russia, this year they are at home, and i think they will be super motivated...

btw. looking forward to match like this :)

Watching the Blackhawks play against the LA Kings with the missus. Going for the Blackhawks because the significant other supports them.

I like Chicago as a city.

Therefore I will support the Blackhawks.

Spend the winter in Chicago and tell me if you still like it.

How the bloody are the Hawks going to stay under salary? They hand out contracts like bibles. Six years and around $35,000,000 for Crawford. Fucking Crawford, this isn't Price or Lundqvist we are talking about.

Even Toews' and Kane's contracts are a little out of hand. $86,000,000 over 8 years. So much money.