test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jim

We've Moved To A New Server

Started by Jim,

40 posts in this topic

Hey Jim, first of all fantastic work!

But I still experience some problems. When I want to access the forum or homepage I get the error message you just described (I'm using google chrome on a mac). If I want to get on the forum I first need to go to incognito-mode, go to this site an log in (because in incognito you're always logged out). I don't know if I can do something so that I can stop viewing from the old server on normal browsing mode.

Thanks!

EDIT:

if it helps, this is the exact error message I get on normal browing mode:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/jimcfc/public_html/forum/cache/a173d6b074d00ec3aa13e7ac1c710365.php on line 3

@Jim,

I don't know if you just fixed it or I just had to wait 5 more minutes but I can access the forum normally again.

In any case, thank you very much! :D

@Jim,

I don't know if you just fixed it or I just had to wait 5 more minutes but I can access the forum normally again.

In any case, thank you very much! :D

I didn't do anything.

Different people will starting viewing the site on the new server at different times depending your internet service provider.

Tiwaz likes this

Hey Jim,

great news, the new server is quick and speedy. One problem though: When I click to the Talkchelsea banner at the top of the side to return to the forums outline, I get redirected to the old server and the error message appears, maybe it is only me or maybe the link is not updated yet. Would be pretty awesome if you could have a look at it. Cheers.

Jim likes this

Hey Jim,

great news, the new server is quick and speedy. One problem though: When I click to the Talkchelsea banner at the top of the side to return to the forums outline, I get redirected to the old server and the error message appears, maybe it is only me or maybe the link is not updated yet. Would be pretty awesome if you could have a look at it. Cheers.

That was doing that for me earlier and now is working fine. I suggest try and clear your cache or wait little more. :)

Just chucked £40 in the pot - should help this month :)

C'mon the rest of you - get those pennies out ;)

Wow thanks ever so much mate! :o

Just chucked £40 in the pot - should help this month :)

C'mon the rest of you - get those pennies out ;)

what he said ^^^^^^

I'm going to donate monthly, but much less as a pound is worth nearly 4 R$ (brazilian currency) .

CHOULO19 likes this