test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

ANDRECHO

UEFA Youth League

Started by ANDRECHO,

200 posts in this topic

thanks I continue to worry about the Academy .. IMO the measure of success is not in winning trophies but in producing players for our first team .

I totally understand. I want the best for England and the Young English Footballers. My Ancestors are English and are from Lancashire. The Premier League was ruined since many overseas players came to England. All Sports have been ruined because of that.
zolayes likes this

I've left the thing that worries me most, the biggest question for Cobham to think about, until last. Jerimie Boga did not play well. Nothing to be especially concerned about there, it happens and in any case the lad is not long returned from the latest of his seemingly never ending list of injuries. Jerimie is not progressing however. His strengths and weaknesses seem to me to be exactly the same as they were when he first came to our attention. His touch and close control are sublime. His graceful movement as he carries the ball past defenders is great to watch but attempting to do that is still an option he selects too often and far too many of his runs still result in lost possession. Looks wonderful, achieves nothing.

I have defended Cobham very strongly. I've argued that it takes a long time to turn around a failing academy and that, unavoidably, it takes an even longer time to turn promising 8 year-olds into first team prospects. Jerimie wasn't here as an 8 year old but he is not Gael Kakuta. The first time I saw Gael play for the youth team I felt, and said, that he would not make it at Chelsea. I attach no blame to Cobham for the fact that this seems likely to turn out to have been correct. If, however, Cobham fails to help Jerimie make the most of what he has they are going to have some explaining to do.

I'm not claiming Jerimie is a cast iron certainty to make it but he has enough quality to have a chance. There is no way that Cobham could give a guarantee to us, or to Jerimie, that he would make the first team squad. We are however entitled to expect them to teach him to make the most of his ability. I'm not seeing enough evidence that they are living up to that expectation and I'm worried about it.

I disagree with you. When Jeremie was in full flow up until November he was amazing. Dribbling as usual but also adding goals and assist, shoting more with fantastic link-up play. He made stamp on every match we played. They are still talking about him in Barcelona when he served them a bit of magic in 2013.

Though he wasn't good in his last games but yesterday he had a very good second half, again started to doing "Boga" what we all love. The problem was that he can't play with anyone. Abraham, Solanke and Brown is so bereft of any kind of creativity. Why didn't Musonda play ? In the second half, when Jeremie started to ripp their defence off on his own he couldn't find that last pass. I'm sorry but Solanke and Abraham are mainly to blame. Two times Boga played beautiful ball into the box and they didn't react with any movement.

At the same time I agree with you that Jeremie's progress isn't particularly quick. He's basically the same player when he was at his debut in autumn 2012. I think that he devoloped more killer instinct over last 2 years though but how to quicken his progress ? Firstly, I'm sorry but how the player of his potential and natural ability haven't got the debut yet. How is that possible ? He's the talent that doesn't happen just like that. I told to myself that if Boga didn't become a top player here then I give up watching youth and Academy because there's a very slim chance that I would see someone so talented again. He's different to Kakuta in my opinion. He's much stronger and stay stronger on his feet. Less tricky, more purpose in dribbling. I think that in the next years he will develop muscles in his thighs just like Hazard's done at the same age because he naturally seem stocky so I assume that muscles will be eager to grow on him (unlike on Josh for example). The one notice to his play I have is that he seems very one-footed. If they're not working on that in the Academy, they didn't pick up his weakness yet ? However, Sterling also looks like that and he surprises me with his left foot.

Back to topic, how to quicken his progress. What's to do next ? Young players thrives when they are surrounded by top players. Anyone think that Zouma would be on that develop route if he was loaned to Sunderland ? The same can be said about Pogba. It's not like you have to send player on loan and he have to prove himself 3 times before being considered. Where Boga stands ? I'm sorry to say that but I doubt you can incorporate more than 2 youngsters into your team, especially top team. But 2 you can. So I would forget about others youngster, I'm sorry Baker, Brown, Solanke, Christiansen, Ake, Chalobah, Swift etc. it's just have to be like that. Focus on 2 youngster you choose and nurture them even if others youngsters also deserve a chance. You simply have to make a decision. And for me you have to choose the best. So I'd choose the best. And the best are Jeremie Boga and Ruben Loftus-Cheek. With others, loans, sells, insert buy-back clause.

Or maybe simply loan him to some French team for 2 years and you have a problem cleared for 2 years. That's also a plan. Either way, Boga has to progress into senior football next year. If he stayed in that Marseille team, Olympique would took him long time age and currently they would wank over him in France like they do with Fekir.

Don't forget, Roma v Chelsea in half an hour. 2nd semifinal. Shakhtar already in the final. Beat Anderlecht earlier today, 3-1.

#CFCU19: Collins, Aina, Christensen, Clarke-Salter, Dasilva, Colkett, Loftus-Cheek, Musonda, Boga, Brown ©, Solanke

#CFCU19 subs: Tomori, Thompson, Palmer, Abraham, Ugbo, Suljic, Scott.

the record when Musonda and Boga have *both* started this season: P11 W9 D1 L1 F40 A10.

DH1988 likes this

Solanke needs to fuck off from the youth team asap

To be fair, he hasn't done anything so far apart from his goal that he took well but was horrible keeping from Roma.

You sure you're not confusing Boga and Musonda?

Pretty sure. Boga has over dribbled a bit too much for my liking. Still playing well though

Not really related just to this match, but I really feel that RLC has stagnated a bit this season. Granted I haven't watched youth matches this season as the previous few years, but when I've seen him, he's failed to dominate the midfield as I expect him to.I really hope his head is in the right place because I honestly think that he's probably the biggest talent in our ranks.

Not really related just to this match, but I really feel that RLC has stagnated a bit this season. Granted I haven't watched youth matches this season as the previous few years, but when I've seen him, he's failed to dominate the midfield as I expect him to.I really hope his head is in the right place because I honestly think that he's probably the biggest talent in our ranks.

Maybe,because he does not play that much in our youth these days.The reason for that is because Mou made him a first team player and he does get zero minutes for us in the first team,so there was a time in the season where he had no match fitness.Baker also had the same problem.

No youth team action and no first team action is bad for your developtment because just training with the first team is not enough.

Yes,maybe he stagnates but he he is not a bad player.In the last youth team match against Spurs,he made a brilliant performance,but he got off with a head injury.He was by far the best player on that day.

zolayes and lucio like this

Totally impressed by everyone except RLC, Musonda, and Solanke. The build up play between both sets of wingers and fullbacks was great to watch. Boga looked like he's outgrown this level of play. Colkett had a good game in both facets, really impressed. Just way too good for Roma.