UEFA Youth League

1 hour ago, chelseafan26 said:

Semifinal in 13/14, Winner in 14/15, Final (so far) in 15/16. Consecutive 5 FA youth cup finals (winning 3). And yet no player in the starting 11 and just 1 in the squad.

In fact it was a quarter-final in 2013/14 and a right mess up too. We somehow managed to go out to a side we had beaten home and away in the group stage.

Also it's 3 wins out of 5 so far. If we get past City it will be 4 out of 5.

Let's see if any of the current crop make the grade. It was pleasing to see Jake look so impressive today. You'd expect a player with first team potential to look a cut above at this level, and he did. Ola was good too and Jay looks like he's spent the time he's been out injured in the gym.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So we will play PSG. They deserved it over the 90 mins. They have a very powerful team and probably more powerful than our team. I think the fact they were developed more than Real Madrid physically wise influenced things today. They impressed me though. Couple players for them have started for PSG's first team and featured quite a bit over the season for the first team. Jean Kevin-Agustin and Christopher Nkunu. You can see why as well. Both were very impressive. Nkunu for me was the best player on the pitch.

Should be a very tight game on Monday. Looking forward to it.

1 hour ago, Stats said:

He plays as a number 10. Can equally play out wide as well. I would say he is very similar to KDB tbh. Both have very good technique, both are no.10 who can also play out wide and both in rare cases can also do a job in the centre of midfield. Be very interesting to see his next step next season. Hopefully he can get a good loan move somewhere. Wonder if it will be in the Championship or Vitesse.

Is he creative enough to play as a no.10 because KDB is on a different planet when it comes to creativitiy

4 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Is he creative enough to play as a no.10 because KDB is on a different planet when it comes to creativitiy

In youth level, yes in some aspects. He is great when he is on the ball and seeing the bigger picture. He will have a long, long, long way to come to the level of KDB though.

44 minutes ago, Stats said:

Poined it out before but Tomori is a real talent. A real dark horse who is not mentioned much.

I'm going to get stick for saying this but he reminds me a little of Ledley King.

With Fikayo, Jake, Jay, Ola if he stays, and not to mention Andreas, I don't think we need to make any more speculative signings of young defenders. First team ready stars is one thing but no more Matt Miazgas I'd say. Nothing against Matt. I like him but I like that list of names too.

That Meite player for PSG looks a real talent. Agustin has got more first team chances but during the two matches from Friday and today, it is Meite who stands out a lot more. Very good player.

Mason Mount on for Kyle Scott. Good, Mason should have started I think. Although I've seen Kyle have at least one outstanding game, more often than not he seems lacking in possession. Bearing in mind his illness I think he's given his all but Mason's greater surety of touch may help us slow up the waves of PSG attacks a bit.

Good stuff Kasey. 2-1.