test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

ANDRECHO

UEFA Youth League

Started by ANDRECHO,

200 posts in this topic

Clarke-Salter should have been sent off there. Tut tut. Awful tackle. Fortunate the player did not break his leg.

Charlie Wakefield on the last 5. Another youngster I like. He's not flashy but he is effective, particularly on the counter. If we do get any attack going at this stage it will be a counter.

Well done to the lads. It's over and we retain the trophy.

In a way this win is more satisfying than last season's. Not in the sense of quality, last year's team was far better but, to be frank, it would have been a disgrace if we had failed to win the tournament last time around because we were clearly the best age group team in Europe then. I don't think that has been the case this time but we got across the line. When you bear in mind the quality we lost from last year's squad it's a real achievement to bring home the prize.

kc_blue, Essien19, Johnnyeye and 1 other like this

Happy to see them retain the trophy. Small plus for this season.

Now let's give a few of them a chance in the first team.

Congrats to the Best youth team in the world!!..thank you for bringing us happiness in this season....kasey palmer is a huge talent...has enormous potential..if we handle carefully he will become a top player...and abraham looks like a player above this level...Such a shame that these players will never get a chance in senior squad!

Pass for the second goal was quality.Hopefully Palmer,Salter,Abraham progress nxt season and beyond.Well done young lions.

And we still wont have any "youth" players playing a meaningful part next season. SHAME!!!! Whats the point.

Ps - By youth I mean actual players developed by and from the academy. Kenedy is a multimillion signing, as is baba and zouma.

Two more things: -

I really like Efan Ekuku as a co-commentator. Does his home work, authoritative, honest and unbiased. Would like to hear more from him in that role.

I didn't think the lads would win it. Ahead of the knock out rounds, I thought the semis would be as much as they could manage so well played them and shame on me. :)

We didn't close the match well, certainly not a tidy job in the last minutes, but effective nonetheless. Great win however, back to back european titles :D

Johnnyeye likes this

Our youth team is the best in Europe again :D and I wish we could have a big youth game in the PL give them the experience since they know how to win, but man even the ladies know how to win games.

Johnnyeye likes this

Many congrats to the youth team for winning back to back European Trophies, and also Viveash and the rest of the staff who work day in and day out with the lads. I'm really glad and proud of the boys, for the big character, passion, desire, work ethic and maturity they have and they are showing everyone at the club and around the world, specially the senior team at Chelsea how it's done. This group of young lads, no, let me rephrase that, group of men, deserve all the praise they get ;) and may they achieve a lot more together and grow up to be great players even if it is at Chelsea or not. I prefer they make it to the senior team and show they deserve a chance, at least they will give their blood for the club, unlike some of the lot we have. Cheers

On a side note, we can at least say we beat PSG this season and have a trophy to show for it, take that PSG!!!, don't mistake the youth team with the senior team. Cheers and KTBFFH ;)

MichaelDance and Blue_Fox_ like this

This is bullshit:  Chelsea are the title holders after winning the previous two editions. However, since the UEFA Youth League title holders do not get an automatic qualifying place, and both the Chelsea senior team failed to qualify for the 2016–17 UEFA Champions League and the Chelsea academy team failed to win the 2015–16 Professional U18 Development League 1, they are unable to participate in this tournament to defend their title. Fuck off UEFA