test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jim

Sorry For Downtime

Started by Jim,

87 posts in this topic

Just a query. Is there a way where may be we can squeeze the forum to a bare minimum during the matches! I know you are already doing it but the traffic i guess, is very large during the live games. I find it very hard to post anything during a live match and hence i was thinking, may be you can just shut everything else down except the match thread. Is that possible?

Just a query. Is there a way where may be we can squeeze the forum to a bare minimum during the matches! I know you are already doing it but the traffic i guess, is very large during the live games. I find it very hard to post anything during a live match and hence i was thinking, may be you can just shut everything else down except the match thread. Is that possible?

Jim is currently looking at getting us our own dedicated server. Our current server costs us £60 a month, which is achievable with current donations.

To avoid errors like this we need to get our own dedicated server, which can cost up to £200 a month. Obviously, that is a massive difference in price.

The fact is unless we can get that amount of donations or funds through advertising in articles, any current problems will persist, meaning increased downtime.

Ankit likes this

speaking of donation every time when i try in the final step it says the transaction is declined and they take 1 rupee from my account. any indian friends know whats the problem?

Jim is currently looking at getting us our own dedicated server. Our current server costs us £60 a month, which is achievable with current donations.

To avoid errors like this we need to get our own dedicated server, which can cost up to £200 a month. Obviously, that is a massive difference in price.

The fact is unless we can get that amount of donations or funds through advertising in articles, any current problems will persist, meaning increased downtime.

Ok,alright! Well, kudos to Jim and the team then!! :)

speaking of donation every time when i try in the final step it says the transaction is declined and they take 1 rupee from my account. any indian friends know whats the problem?

I have this problem all the time, try sending a payment directly to Jim which is what I do since I have trouble with Paypal constantly!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Don't ever apologise for this again... you hear me!

A little downtime on the sickest forum around. We can handle it!

what he said @Jim.

I saw you were online on Skype, but I thought you were sleeping as it was around 4am your time. Next time I'll leave you a message anyway :)

I have this problem all the time, try sending a payment directly to Jim which is what I do since I have trouble with Paypal constantly! Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

thanks for letting me know

Heres an idea if you guys need to raise more money for the servers.

Why dont we have VIP users? It could be a subscription, couple of quid a month. We can have a VIP area just for subscribers. If enough of us subscribe then it could be worth it?

Heres an idea if you guys need to raise more money for the servers.

Why dont we have VIP users? It could be a subscription, couple of quid a month. We can have a VIP area just for subscribers. If enough of us subscribe then it could be worth it?

Not a bad idea, but would there be enough people to do it. And it could alienate new members or anyone who doesn't /can't pay the subscription.

Though Tbh, it was only down for a few hours, it's not that bad. And it is busier in the off season anyway.

Definitely no need to apologise for it. :)

dave30 likes this