test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BlueLion.

Wulfert van Ginkel

Started by BlueLion.,

1,304 posts in this topic

I would love to say something constructive, but have to say that first paragraph is just ridiculous. Either you need to rewatch both games, or you're very confused. Van Ginkel's been the midfielder who sits and has done his job perfectly fine. Nothing spectacular, but just very tidy with the odd glimpse. You said you're not passing judgement, but have already judged that his 'technique is awful' and his 'vision is bad'. I doubt you have anything against MVG, but it sure sounds like you do.....

I'm not saying he did not say he wasn't decent overall. I was just highlighting his passing (in comparison to Josh's). I have nothing against Marko. In fact, I thought his movement was a little conservative at times but overall very good. I love that he always makes himself available for the pass. His defending has been exceptionally good; yes he was a bit rash with a couple of tackles but that is something that can be easily fixed. And overall he's been decent but nothing spectacular. I was just saying that his passing has been bad. It's not that every pass he played was bad, he did play some good ones, but he's showed on several occasions in the match all of the points I pointed out and if you watch the compilations of his performance, you'll see them.

Anyway, like I said to Skipper, I'm not even saying that he's a bad passer, just that his passing has been bad in those two preseason matches.

Personally I think the biggest problem he has with Van Ginkel is that he plays in the same position as Mikel....

Except he doesn't. Marco is a box-to-box midfielder. If anything, he'll be playing next to the DM in our midfield.

Mufassir08 likes this

Lol. Hypothetically speaking, he's trying to pass to Essien, but sees an opponent right on him, so what should he do? bear in mind it's not like he has all day to make a decision, he's been pressured by the opposition. So he makes the right decision to go back to an open man instead of losing the ball - and you criticize him for this?!

If there is another open pass to Iva or Hazard or Kevin a few meters ahead, then yes, I do criticize him for going back to the keeper. My point was that he didn't look very "adaptive" in his passing. That said, I'd much rather he passes back than try to force a pass to Essien.

Except he doesn't. Marco is a box-to-box midfielder. If anything, he'll be playing next to the DM in our midfield.

Except the double pivot doesn't have to just be about that dynamic you've laid out. It doesn't have to be one DM and one playmaker or box-to-box midfielder. Increasingly the trend has been for two players who are very much all-round players to share the workload of defence and attack.

Either way I'm going to support this young player and not have a pop at him to fit my agenda.

He is a box to box midfielder so the i dont think he'll play as CDM once mikel is back.

nice bit of back patting going on between choulo19 and mufassir.

If your team loses more games when you start, your team concedes more goals when you start then I am afraid that CDM tag is a bit of a misnomer.

While I think he has the tools to succeed this very season, I just hope it isn't to soon for him. Even a great talent like Oscar struggled in the PL.

All the best to him because I do like the look of him.

dee25 and Stingray like this

Choulo has decided to bash Van Ginkel after just two pre-season matches. Personally I think the biggest problem he has with Van Ginkel is that he plays in the same position as Mikel....

Oh is that it? Because I'm seriously scratching my head here wondering what the hell is going on. The kid is 20 and has only played two preseason friendlies for us. Granted, he hasn't been the stand out player but how anyone can sit there and say (with so much certainty) that "he's vision is bad" is bewildering.

To be fair, those 'bashers' waited 200 games before starting on Mikel in some cases.

Choulo has decided to bash Van Ginkel after just two pre-season matches. Personally I think the biggest problem he has with Van Ginkel is that he plays in the same position as Mikel....

I didn't want to say it in those terms, but yes, I agree!

There's nothing wrong with his vision from what I've seen him play in the Eredivisie. Of course it's probably the division where you get most space and time to do as you please. It's just the first two games he has played in pre-season, player of the level as Hazard are clearly not yet doing what they can and loosing the ball to often or not creating as much yet. And the latter had a year to learn to know the players he's playing with. Van Ginkel has vision and talent he just isn't that far yet, he's a bit unpolished, raw and undeveloped. Personally I would have given him a year on loan in a club between the level of Vitesse and Chelsea as a stepping stone. There's a big gap between both clubs you know. He's a bit like KDB two years ago, a lot of potential and a bright future but not ready yet. At least that's my opinion. I'll support him regardless and I'm quite confident he'll make it, he just needs time.

Bir_CFC and The Mak like this

The guy had talent obviously ...

I bet he will get more then his share of minutes in our pivot. I like his style, very composed!

The kid can only grow. I say signing him is great long term vision!

yuvala likes this

Nail head.

Similar issues have cropped up whenever there were talks of oscar playing in a withdrawn position, luiz playing in midfield etc.

have this nightmare of Josh and Mikel in the pivot and fighting to avoid relegation

Azpinator likes this

I have a question about him . he can play like a No. 10 ??

for example the next game

-----------Essien-lampard--------

hazard----van Ginkel-----Schurrle

-------------------Ba---------------------

I have a better suggestion. How about we see how he actually performs like in his natural position before we start talking about changing his position?

Stingray likes this

He can play as the No. 6, No. 8 and No. 10 quite well. Would say No. 10 is his weakest though maybe

Good performance from him today. He really is pretty physical, it should come in handy when we have to face teams like City and Spurs who have big guys playing in the centre to stop us getting bullied off the park

ANDRECHO and kellzfresh like this

I was very pleased with Marco today.

He covered the pitch well, showed he can move forward and do not embarrass himself, good touch, good ball control, good passing and overall a nice kid.

I'm very happy with this addition to our midfield. God knows we can use some touch and class in that '2' with Lampard's shape so shaky and the likes of Mikel, Ramires and the question mark that is Essien's form...

edit: btw I'm not dismissing the rest of the guys, I'm just happy for having an option different from what we had last season. All of those players have their value... just different kind of players

Azpinator likes this

Kid is solid, tough and not afraid to do tackles.. He's a grower. Hopefully he'll rise up to the challenge in the PL and CL.

Barbara likes this

Sooo much better today. His movement was excellent and his passing was good. Maybe because 4-3-3 feels more natural to him? Or maybe because he's starting to gel more with the team? I don't know. I just hope to see more of this kind of performances. :cfc:

Muzchap and The Skipper like this

Sooo much better today. His movement was excellent and his passing was good. Maybe because 4-3-3 feels more natural to him? Or maybe because he's starting to gel more with the team? I don't know. I just hope to see more of this kind of performances. :cfc:

It's because he was a box-to-box mid today whereas in the previous two games he was the holding mid and it was pretty obvious he was instructed to not go forward in the first two games. He had good games in every role he's been given so far.