test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BlueLion.

Wulfert van Ginkel

Started by BlueLion.,

1,304 posts in this topic

If he plays as well as he did in dutch league he will be fine. His development so far reminds me of oscar as they seem to get better with more games played. They both can form a really technically formidable midfield which along with a proper DM can provide an option to Mazacar.

Apparently his singing initiation took place last night. No word on what he sang though

Probably at dinner with everyone when essien was dancing

I saw a few people giving him a lot of praise for today, but honestly for me I expected a bit more of him. His passing was sloppy and he seemed reluctant to make forward runs.

Of course it is too early to judge him, but it's too early to hype him as well.

There was virtually no space for him to run into. I'm not sure if you noticed but the opposition were camped inside their own half from start to finish. Why clog things up further by running into a congested area? Smart on his part to play restrained and probe from deeper.

I thought he looked OK. He made some decent passes and he looked very mobile and quick.

I still think there were instances where he could have helped out more in attack. On any account, it's too early to judge and I hope he can put in better performances in the coming games.

I still think there were instances where he could have helped out more in attack. On any account, it's too early to judge and I hope he can put in better performances in the coming games.

To be fair he was playing next to Ramires who we all know likes to get forward, I presume because of this Marco played deeper to account for Rami's attacking runs.

passing was sloppy????????? every single pass he made was successful except for one crossfield ball to ivanovic that went over his head.

He literally had 3 passes that went out of bounds. As well as a few missed other.

But that is of course excusable as it was his first game and he was probably nervous.

I didn't know he was so big, has a big presence in midfield. He looked ok in his half, I did like his one touch positive passing. He didn't really do anything Essien didn't do though.

I saw a few people giving him a lot of praise for today, but honestly for me I expected a bit more of him. His passing was sloppy and he seemed reluctant to make forward runs.

Of course it is too early to judge him, but it's too early to hype him as well.

I think he played well, he played as the more disciplined defensive midfield player so he didn't make forward runs so the team had some balance. I think your being a bit harsh on his passing, his passing was quite good and it was varied.

semiller1313 likes this

He's known for his runs to join in the attack, but this was a preseason game and not only that his first game for the club. He was disciplined and kept things simple, no complaints there. Already a better passer than Ramires too :D

kellzfresh likes this

I think he played well, he played as the more disciplined defensive midfield player so he didn't make forward runs so the team had some balance. I think your being a bit harsh on his passing, his passing was quite good and it was varied.

I just don't think we should hype him up now only to be disappointed later. It's not good for his future here to get hyped up this early. Like I said, I'm not criticizing him for the performance. It was after all his first appearance for us and it is only preseason. I'm criticizing the hype some are trying to create about him based on that performance.

I just don't think we should hype him up now only to be disappointed later. It's not good for his future here to get hyped up this early. Like I said, I'm not criticizing him for the performance. It was after all his first appearance for us and it is only preseason. I'm criticizing the hype some are trying to create about him based on that performance.

No one is really overhyping him though, most are just saying he had a decent game.

Marko just kept it simple and had a decent performance. Don't see how that's overhyping him when he can play a lot better than what he did show. Plus it's a mere pre season game so I don't think anyone is making any serious conclusions about him.

The kid played well 3 misplaced passes.. in a variety of short and long balls.. But someone like KDB whom we all love gets voted man of the match and he had more misplaced passes than MVG... He is technically sound with both feet and still only 20yrs old.. I guess people would rather look at the glass half empty than half full..but to each their own

zolayes likes this

No one is really overhyping him though, most are just saying he had a decent game.

Marko just kept it simple and had a decent performance. Don't see how that's overhyping him when he can play a lot better than what he did show. Plus it's a mere pre season game so I don't think anyone is making any serious conclusions about him.

He had 6 votes for MOTM...