test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BlueLion.

Wulfert van Ginkel

Started by BlueLion.,

1,316 posts in this topic

All we need is for Frank to teach him the trick for the timing of those runs into the box..

I dont think that is a trick that can be taught,Either you have it naturally or you dont.

Tomo likes this

I dont think that is a trick that can be taught,Either you have it naturally or you dont.

We need to stop this fantasy we are going to get another Frank, 20 goals a season from central midfield, no one is going to replicate that in our lifetime if ever, we should just be glad we had him instead of trying to fantasize over "potential" other version's.

We need to stop this fantasy we are going to get another Frank, 20 goals a season from central midfield, no one is going to replicate that in our lifetime if ever, we should just be glad we had him instead of trying to fantasize over "potential" other version's.

juan-mata-to-united.jpg

Here's our new 15-20 goals-a-season-from-midfield man.

The Mak and The Skipper like this

It was more of a tongue in cheek comment meant to imply that we won't ever get a player like Frank.

I really like this kid I feel he has all the tools to be very successful in EPL as long as he stays injury free... hes combative in the middle doesn't let players just run past him.. has decent pace and with a little more confidence we will see the passing range from U21 championships.. thumbs up to the board for this buy

I realy like him and I like it how Chelsea bought him under "the radar". He has nice balance and a good passing game. He needs games and he'll be more confident in the other half of the pitch creating and taking chances I'm sure.

Fulham Broadway likes this

Marko is still too young & will get better. No one should expect him to score as Frank, but close to 10 goals just might be feasible, soon.

Saving up for this:

cfc-1003530.jpg?width=380&height=380&qua

It's like Justin Bieber and Michael Ballack somehow conceived a love-child.

Hey you are copying me........ even though I haven't got money to get it yet, please don't say you got Oscar on the home shirt and are planning Schurrle on the away.... please don't say it..... :Goober:

Hey you are copying me........ even though I haven't got money to get it yet, please don't say you got Oscar on the home shirt and are planning Schurrle on the away.... please don't say it..... :Goober:

BJ_kT_2CYAA5vuU.jpg

That's my shirt hanging up! :lol:

Barbara and OneMoSalah like this

He is obviously still new, young and shit, but kid kicks fucking ass! It's like we have a young De Rossi in our squad :D

I enjoy watching videos of him with some heavy metal in the background, now that's fucking epic :wank2:

Great signing, hopefully he can have a good season and become our 1st team regular :dance:

It's such an incredible change to watch him ready to kick opponent's ass whenever needed instead of Mikel who just tactically retreats :ph34r:

semiller1313, Barbara and Azpinator like this

He shows a lot of desire on the defensive end which is great to see. He's also one of the quickest players in the team which is a bonus from CM.

His passing is fine but that's the biggest area of improvement for him. He made a good pass to Oscar which helped set up the first goal against Milan. Our attacking-midfielders always find good space in-between the lines and need a constant supply of those kind of passes.

Van Ginkel is nothing like Lampard, and I hope he isn't. I don't want anyone in the pivot running up into the box, they should be staying back. We already have 4 attackers in our formation, why should we be encouraging our players to constantly move forward, Van Ginkel needs to cover and work hard. If he does that then we shouldn't be as weak defensively against other teams.

As long as Jose doesn't try to turn him into the 'new Mikel', then great! I doubt it though, because MvG can actually move! :P

Phil Driver likes this

I don't think we should worry too much about the passes right now. He's still adjusting to a new team so the forward passes will come in due time as he gains more confidence. He's working hard and keeping it simple and avoiding taking risks and making mistakes.

Love how strong and mobile he is and on top incredibly intelligent.

I still think he'll have his struggles in the premier league, going from Eredivisie to the PL is a huge change but he has the tools to make it big here for sure.

Stats, The Skipper, Barbara and 1 other like this

I don't think we should worry too much about the passes right now. He's still adjusting to a new team so the forward passes will come in due time as he gains more confidence. He's working hard and keeping it simple and avoiding taking risks and making mistakes.

Love how strong and mobile he is and on top incredibly intelligent.

I still think he'll have his struggles in the premier league, going from Eredivisie to the PL is a huge change but he has the tools to make it big here for sure.

we are already seeing quality forward passes (to oscar for the KDB goal)