Marco van Ginkel

Spike

there has, just today actually. Read above

This news gives me the impression that the deal is still at an early stage contrary to reports earlier according to which we had agreed everything with vitesse and just had to agree personal terms with van ginkel.

I dont think we need a buy back clause with Kakuta, we are too crowded and have better option on his position. And all are still young. So hoping for this to come to an agreement soon.

Kakuta had the potential to be one of the best. If he lives up to that potential in another team you can bet Chelsea will want to buy him again,

Kakuta has never delivered so far.

He's like the Denilson that Betis payed a huge sum for in the late 90's.

Spectacular tricks but very poor understanding of the game.

When I saw him in the French under 19 one or two years ago, he was not impressive. He never bossed a game.

He could do a Ben Arfa but it would still be under the level of a club like us.

It is funny how two years ago Kakuta was regarded as one of the best young player in the world and 1-2 years later, he didn't make it and now everyone just agree to let him go. The same is about to happen with Piazon and Josh, maybe in the future with Chalobah. Just show the risk of putting too much fate in young players, imagine the argument happened here that we should have kept Kakuta instead of signing Hazard last summer... JUST WOW IF YOU THINK ABOUT IT

The same is happening with Lukaku situation yet people can't open their eyes because they are obsessed with this young promising player project.

It is funny how two years ago Kakuta was regarded as one of the best young player in the world and 1-2 years later, he didn't make it and now everyone just agree to let him go. The same is about to happen with Piazon and Josh, maybe in the future with Chalobah. Just show the risk of putting too much fate in young players, imagine the argument happened here that we should have kept Kakuta instead of signing Hazard last summer... JUST WOW IF YOU THINK ABOUT IT

The same is happening with Lukaku situation yet people can't open their eyes because they are obsessed with this young promising player project.

Id consider Lukaku to be more than just promising. I think that is a bit harsh on him. He has delivered the goods already, at Anderlecht, in the NT, West Brom and CL for Anderlecht. He scored 41 goals in his first two seasons (+90 games) winning top scorer, best young player, ... All while 17-18 yearsold.

He is no Kakuta to be fair. He is the Fridge

I completely agree.

Not on Lukaku and KDB though because they are already more than "future talents" or whatever. They are already good established footballers who perform for their NT and club (and pretty descent clubs).

As where Piazon and Josh... I seriously don't think they're gonna make it and honestly I dont know how good they really are.

I don't think you can seriously compare Lukaku and Chalobah with Kakuta. Come on....re-read what you just wrote above and you'll see that it's a little bit silly.

Josh piazon etc are all promising youngsters.

Lukaku is young but not in that bracket. He cost 19 million as an 18 year old. He is still improving yes. But last season he proved he is more than just potential.

Comparing kakuta to hazard is quite ludicrous, and then saying the lukaku situation is the same is equally ludicrous imo.

Id consider Lukaku to be more than just promising. I think that is a bit harsh on him. He has delivered the goods already, at Anderlecht, in the NT, West Brom and CL for Anderlecht. He scored 41 goals in his first two seasons (+90 games) winning top scorer, best young player, ... All while 17-18 yearsold.

I know he is much better than Kakuta at the same stage, however I was just comparing THE SITUATION of him to Lukaku. At the time we lacked wingers and creative mid, Kakuta was one of our only/promising wingers and everyone was going on about how he is going to be the next Ribery but looked how that turned out. If we had listened to the fan and left Hazard for £32m, god know what might have happened. The same SITUATION with Lukaku, he and Cavani are WORLD APART, even more than Hazard/Kakuta. I am just saying we nearly made a mistake, let's try to avoid it again in the future.

I completely agree.

Not on Lukaku and KDB though because they are already more than "future talents" or whatever. They are already good established footballers who perform for their NT and club (and pretty descent clubs).

As where Piazon and Josh... I seriously don't think they're gonna make it and honestly I dont know how good they really are.

I know, I wasn't doubting their quality, I am just comparing the situation, read above :)

I don't think you can seriously compare Lukaku and Chalobah with Kakuta. Come on....re-read what you just wrote above and you'll see that it's a little bit silly.

I am not comparing them, I am comparing the situation

Lukaku is young but not in that bracket. He cost 19 million as an 18 year old. He is still improving yes. But last season he proved he is more than just potential.

Comparing kakuta to hazard is quite ludicrous, and then saying the lukaku situation is the same is equally ludicrous imo.

Read above, I am not comparing player's qualities, I am comparing the situation with the club.

I know he is much better than Kakuta at the same stage, however I was just comparing THE SITUATION of him to Lukaku. At the time we lacked wingers and creative mid, Kakuta was one of our only/promising wingers and everyone was going on about how he is going to be the next Ribery but looked how that turned out. If we had listened to the fan and left Hazard for £32m, god know what might have happened. The same SITUATION with Lukaku, he and Cavani are WORLD APART, even more than Hazard/Kakuta. I am just saying we nearly made a mistake, let's try to avoid it again in the future.

I completely agree.

I know, I wasn't doubting their quality, I am just comparing the situation, read above :)

Read above, I am not comparing player's qualities, I am comparing the situation with the club.

Well I dont see how the SITUATION makes your argument valid. The bottomline is simple. We do not lack strikers. We have Torres, Ba, Lukaku and Schurrle can play there as well - all for 1 position, not 3,4 or 5. So the SITUATION is very different actually.

About them being WORLDS APART - This IS a judgement on their capacities, there is no denying that. It would be sophistry to do so .... Also are they worlds apart - not so. Yes there is a gap for sure, but it is not the gap of a youth to a world class beater. Cavani 'shits brown' just as the next one . Lukaku proved more than you give him credit for. On the other hand he is EPL proven - Cavani will have an adjustement period.

Third point: it is about giving your potential world beater a chance to flourish in that blue shirt they eventually want to wear. There will always be objections to injecting youth into a team. Don't forget, Hazard was also young when he came.

Anyway: back on topic

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Never seen anyone rate kakuta that highly and last year I never even considered kakuta as a reason against signing Hazard and i doubt anyone else had major concerns either.

I also think that the gap between hazard and kakuta is much larger than the gap between lukaku and cavani.

And if you compute the other factors then it doesn't even become slightly close.

Lukaku's age and much cheaper price tag.

Marco van Ginkel will go to Chelsea, says his agent: "He leaves for Chelsea, he fits in with the first selection."

http://www.weaintgotnohistory.com/chelsea-fc-transfer-rumours-news/2013/6/23/4457136/chelsea-fc-transfer-news-marco-van-ginkel?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Will be a decent signing for us I reckon, not seen anything other than the U21s games he played with Holland though but he looked good for them in a deeper position than what he usually plays. Can score goals from MF as well as set them up looking at his stats from last season. Also from what I've read hes able to play as a 6, 8 or 10. Extremely versatile it seems, anything under 10m could be a steal.